Jump to content

rtbiscuit

Members
  • Posts

    22,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rtbiscuit

  1. thats a nismo front with an added carbon scoop
  2. i think there is a tool in the kit under the boot underlay for removing the stud
  3. my bet would be toyo's very soft sidewalls, had them on a previous car and you do get more lateral movement with them, but once your driving adjusts to them they're not to bad. although not my choice of tyre these days alot of others run them on here and not really heard many complaints. the toyos dry handling wont be as good as the stones, but in the wet the toyo should out perform the stones.
  4. i use meguairs carnuba wax, its a nice mid range product and does a very good job. and is easy to apply and remove. i use 2 terry's cloths. one to put on, and one to take off. if that helps.
  5. i've still to see the standard one to make my mind up on it, and the verdicts still out on it for me, and this more so i feel. i thibk i have ot go and experience them both to get a proper feel of them.
  6. so will these not fit in the Zed then?
  7. glad to see it went to a good home. you going to share what your plans are?
  8. how have people rated them so far, is it a very noticable raspyness similiar to de cat pipes or nat as bad.
  9. mate it looks good, would like to see a nice angled frontal pic to see it with the black front on now it has all the add ons. want to see if it can inspire me fully with what i want to do with my nismo front. can't amke my mind up to keep it silver, spray just the middle bar, spray the mouth section, or spray the whole middle section like yourself.
  10. if you see it again, you'll have to try and get pictures, i live white ones, and would love to see another kitted one.
  11. ok it was my mate. at subzero, if your still wanting a HID ballast, then drop me a PM, i have 1 going spare.
  12. If these guys missed anything, because they don't have it in stock, then CS is another good bet. all the traders on here are good. all of them will do you a good price and best deal.
  13. i've never really had any compliments on mine well not if you include the students anyways.
  14. looks like a good, meet, even though its winter time it loks like the weather was still good. especially compared to here when its winter.
  15. before i got my sat nav with built in handsfree i used to use my iphone 3g with the standard BT and it worked fine.
  16. clutch seems to be behaving its self, no smells on the way home, and no slipping, must have been a one off, i think part of it may have been down to driving style. and not beijng fully in gear and clutch up before corners and ending up feathering the clutch without realising. seem to have got away with it, but i might save my tracking days for go karting, makes me nervous doing it with the Zed, might feel better after having some track tuition.
  17. I can't remember off hand, and not so easy to search on my phone. I thought it was the v-power they did it with originally. And to be honest I think the difference between optimax and v-power would be minimal, think the only difference is the additives used. I would still say tesco is better as you pay a premium for the brand with shell. And all the uk fuel comes from the same 4 refineries. Just mixed differently by the sellers once it gets on there lorries.
  18. I had already roughly diagnosed it, just didn't know exactly what was causing it. But thanks for the advice last night. Just bored now. Been sat here 2 hours with nothing to do but browse the forum. Suppose at least I have internet access on my phone or i'd be bored feckless.
  19. Bloody ford KArp. I hate parking in supermarkets, always try and get my missus to drive her car, but it doesn't always work. I spend the whole time being paranoid while I'm in the shop. Picked up a couple myself.
  20. Problem found and being fixed as we speak blokes at horner bros. Have been excellent really friendly bunch. The problem, and you'll like this one... Was not the hid ballast, was not the bulbs, was not the horn. It was an earthing and corrosion issue caused by... My k&n typhoon metal airbox. where the wires skirt round the airbox, they had actually been pushed under one of the edges of the airbox. And as it was such a tight fit, it had actually started to wear through the wodge of cables, and then the air box had worked as bridge between the lighting circuit and the horn circuit. So the blokes have cut a small section out of the airbox to allow for the wires. Have repainted the cut onthe box, re insulated all the wires as he damage was only minimal. I now have working headlights, working horn, and no more issues. One othe thing they picked up on was my grounding kit where it connects to the negative terminal, they didn't rate the gold connectors as the Allen key connectings work loose. Which is exactly what mine was also doing. Hadn't caused problems yet, but they explained that it would, so they are also soldering in a new and better connector for my grounding kit to help avoid any other problems later down the line. Total time taken to fix just under 2 hours hopefully, so I'm guessing a final cost of about £90. Don't know exactly yet as they are still working. Would have been about £75 if I hadn't got them to do the negative terminal as well. Took them about an hour to find the issue and about 30 min to fix the main issue. Their hourly rate is £45. Quite reasonable I think, especially for such a good service.
  21. I bet that stung a bit when he went through the gate
  22. Love the look, coming on really nicely, can't wait to see it with more bits on. Especially looming forward to seeing the canards. Will help me make my own mind up on what
  23. May have to make a visit. Although when I get my tyres fitted I might just ask them to do it then.
  24. There is a review on here somewhere that so done did. All very scientific, drained fuel lines, and tested on a rolling road etc. Basics of it was; out of all the fuels they tested apparently tesco 99 ron gave the best performance, then optimax, then ultimate, then normal fuels etc. I tend to either use tesco or bp. Occassionally I put sainsburys premium in. Very little in it appart from price really. If you really want to push the boat out, some fuel stations near tracks, like bp at silverstone do 103 ron I think.But only worth doi g if your car is mapped for it really.
  25. I did something similair on the other side of my car. It's on my list of things to do. Should be repairable if the panel isn't too bent. If it's just paint damage someone like wicked wheels might do it, or someone like a mobile paint repairer or local body shop should be able to correct. The only issue is if they can blend the repair in, as Nissan paint is apparently not that easy to match in.
×
×
  • Create New...