i'm entitled an opinion as much as I am entitled to post on an open forum. I took part in a discussion where I was having banter with cragus and you turn it into a name calling match. But I didn't expect anything less from the forum wee man.
My points still stand
Currently Scotland spend more than they pay in, yes there is oil on the equation, but its a separate discussion in its self and a dwindling resource, and has been said, would be Scotland bargain chip if it has any hope of keeping the pound.
Yes there is great wealth in Scotland but it also has the uks highest levels of deprivation, with one of the highest levels of unemployment and currently the lowest living age in the UK.
Putting banter aside, if Scotland got independence and technically it could manage on its own, but at what cost? Taxation would go up and inflation would increase, the cost of living would go up a lot in order to support those who need it nd to maintain Scottish infrastructure.
Dblock you said why are we trying to keep Scotland, its because as we're just coming out of extremely hard financial times, bows not the time to divide and conquer, we as a union are stronger united than divided nd squabbling over who gets what,
It seems now has been chosen as the UK government seems at its weakest,
Alex salmon has a list of demands I don't think he's going to get. And the UK have already tried to sweeten the deal by axing jobs in the Portsmouth docks instead of the Clyde bank.
If the union splits there are a whole load of new issues, we can't keep our subs in Scotland so those and their jobs will move. Same with other military jobs, they'll all get shipped out and spread across the UK. And the list goes on, I just don't have time to type before going to work.