Going to try and do this with lots of pictures to help, but the reason I started this post is the rear of my XKR fell off the bumper had been on a wing and a prayer for the last 18 months, but I finally gave out. so its brought forward a few jobs, one of those is treating the rust at the back and sides.
so this is what my cars rear looked like to start with
but then the bumper fell off and it now looks like this
I have since removed the mount posts so it looks a little more streamline, but yes I am sporting the first ever rat look jag.
now as part of the de rusting due to cost of work i'm limited on options returning it to stock will be too expensive as it would require 2 new rear quarters a lot of dismantling and welding and a lot of cash. so to bypass that. I have this bumper coming with a carbon rear diffuser, this is taken straight from an aston and built to fit the XKR (the diffuser not the bumper)
I know ekona hates it, but I really like the rear and its going to solve all my rust issues.
so my question is; and the reason for the long winded post is that as i'm updating the rear I was contemplating updating the old lights.
I don't think the 06 jewel lights are enough of an improvement
so I was thinking of getting a set of quad rear lights like this
ignore the horrible bumper its mounted above, what are peoples thoughts? are quad lights on an XKR going to make it look stupid? do you think they will go with my new rear?
at the same time the car is going to have the huge rear aerial removed and smoothed over and new round 4" rear tail pipes to poke out the back