-
Posts
13,804 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Wasso
-
Yup, followed the procedures, 5 runs at around 70mph down to 10mph with firm but not agressive braking. The bedding in seemed to go well, it's just the squeeling when the brakes warm up. I went for the Z compound. I will take them off at the weekend, give everything a cleanup and replace with ooober amounts of copper grease. The thing is, I was using the grease sparingly due to the fact of the cost from Halfrauds, and thought best keep some for my next application. The tube to be fair should have been used on all 4 sets of pads. I now have a larger supply and will now give the pads some extra juice. If this doesn't work then there is something else causing the issue. I am just wondering if the discs aren't happy with the pads and as such need new discs, maybe PF? Only problem is they are £500 for the front pair!!
-
I have decided to go ahead and book up my UPREV with abbey and im defo looking foward to the remap, my question is though, what kind of extra stress will be put on my engine and transmission, None really unless you go FI can the Z handle the extra horses Yes, Mark will give you a full run down etc? im expecting my clutch to wear out faster but anything i should be aware of? Clutch should be fine. I.E what upgrades should i get once i have a Z with more HP than normal, does the tranny need uprating + engine components... No - although from this post I believe you are just going for Uprev and mapping of your air intake - I do not believe there are any gains from the Uprev alone (BHP) what it does is tune the engine to be more fruity - i.e. more in tune with performance. Don't forget the car which comes out the factory is set for optimum MPG / BHP / Torque and safety - the UPREV will give you the best possible gains from what is under the engine.(my main concern is 100% WOT... im not sure that IS a good thing? especially in say 1st gear. WOT is fine, I thought it would be a big difference, but there isn't - all it does is provide you the option to wide open throttle the car in first, but realistically this isn't possible as you'd just lose traction, I believe the benefits to be more in 2nd and 3rd gear when you can WOT without loss of traction Also im contemplating getting a plenum spacer fitted for the remap to go along with my K&N panel filter on my otherwise stock Z... how much would it cost for you guys to fit a plenum spacer? If you check out my dyno post viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24431&start=15 - I have a map that shows the before and after UPREV, although this includes, ARC Air Induction, Plenum Spacer, XYZ Pipe and De-cats. So there's a whealth of add-ons there to increase BHP and Torque which I gained 18hhp - this is only slightly noticable, although the UPREV which tightens the throttle response and give the engine life is the best modification.
-
He was my source of information regarding my upgrad (sorry partial upgrade). I might create a separate thread to see who wants to come and fit my braided lines and flush out my old fluid and replace with my new Motul. Refreshments will be provided
-
I installed PF pads - these are the buggers that are currently squeeling!! (I am sure it's my fault more than the pads) Got to say they work very well!! They managed to hold the road very well whilst at the Nurburgring, just a shame I never got round to fitting my HEL lines and higher performance fluid. The result of using stock fluid and lines resulted in getting a very squishy brake pedal half way round the track I managed to manuever the spring clip thing out before taking the pins out. Just make sure to have one hand on the clip as you retract the pin.
-
+1 on the copper grease! I clearly did not use enough and they also screeeeech when warm The funny thing is, I purchased some copper grease from Halfrauds... this tube was say the size of a toothpaste tube and it cost me something like £6. I went to my local auto parts shop, very small shop, friendly stock all that you need and by chance noticed the copper grease. In his shop this tube was twice the size of the Halfrauds version and a quarter of the price!! I know where I will be shopping in future. I will apply a wealth of copper grease on Sat or Sun - I will let you know how it goes.
-
Parking charges --- Resolved Page 3 DON'T PAY
Wasso replied to Husky's topic in Off Topic Discussion
If you dispute the charge by law they cannot take action unless they respond notifying the charge is legitimate. Best option is to find out what the parking rules are at the services before proceeding with payment or dispute? -
Parking charges --- Resolved Page 3 DON'T PAY
Wasso replied to Husky's topic in Off Topic Discussion
It's a tough one - I'd suggest writting and disputing the charge, you have every right in which to do so. They cannot increase the penalty whilst you are in dispute of the charge. If they find you are still in denial they must allow you a further 14 days in which to pay the lower charge. I've taken this comment from CP Plus Ltd site - Car Parking Control Our client-focused approach involves working closely with all our clients to ensure that every factor is taken into consideration. We can advise on equipment, control, revenue generation & protection, parking enforcement and many other issues. Could be a revenue generated ticket and that you are not in breach of the car parking regulations. I'd contact the motorway services direct and speak with their site manager and discuss what the rules are?? -
Parking charges --- Resolved Page 3 DON'T PAY
Wasso replied to Husky's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I can't read it that well, I guess you've parked in an area which states maximum stay 2 hours or something?? That is a bit cheeky I've got to admit. Might be worth checking out the signage at the services to establish exactly what rules have been placed on their carpark. Gota say - damn cheeky!! They must have sneeked up to your car, took a photo of you sleeping and slapped a nice ticket on the window!! They've got balls some of these parking officers!! -
I changed my pads recently. Make sure you get plenty of copper grease applied to the rear of the pads. I placed a smithering of copper grease and I now have squeeling brakes once they get warm. Something I need to sort this weekend. You don't really need any special tools, unless the pins are hard to remove from the calliper. Only one of my pins required some thin nosed pliers. I also used the guide which has been posted by doogyrev and they were very clear and helpful.
-
I once hit a cat which I also had no hope of avoiding. It hit the wheel so there was no damage but the cat didn't survive. It was on a 40mph road and was well under the limit but still a car and cat are no match. It's horrible when it happens and when you get damage to the car also the owner must feel gutted especially with the dog coming off fairly bad. Hope you both get a positive result.
-
I had my car vandalised years ago with brake fluid.... eats everything in sight!! If it eats through the paint it will soak into the bodywork.... this equals write off!! As you won't be able to paint over the vehicle again! It also eats into plastic rather nice!!
-
Is there a difference for Auto jumping??
-
-
My late contribution..... ECU self learning took about a week for me, I drive 18 miles a day, so from Monday to Thursday was great, but by Friday the car was working it's way back to stock settings. REMAP is the way forward, there are too many benefits, especially for the price.
-
I'd also prefer the Q7 - although I wouldn't own one - just for the fact it's a wooking great beast!! Talking of cars.... I spotted a Porsche Panamera on the roads in Europe - another ugly invention!
-
how exciting!! Hey mega cool - is that 4 people with 1 vote each.... So when are we likely to hear the outcome? Oooooooh exciting! :kicking
-
The X6 has an identity crisis going on.... Is it a 4x4 Is it a car.... It's ugly I know that for sure... Clarkson tested it and hated it's inability to serve either purpose on road or off road!! oh and it starts at £45k - what a way to throw money down the pan!
-
That's a good point, the closing date was some time ago! Any news on this?
-
Hmmmm good point..... I guess a simple clean up and refurb is in order - I will be replacing them next year so I just want something to keep the car looking less tatty!!
-
Late entry here.... been away.... Congratulations Andlid..... !!
-
Nice one - sounds a good price - will that include smoothing out any imperfections, I mean kerbing.... Nice one Mike I'll see what this place can pull out the bag being that it's Nurrish approved, although I just hope they don't come out PINK!!