-
Posts
13,804 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Wasso
-
Good to see some new faces, I'm no longer a virgin at Wales so it was nice to see the smiles at the end of the day. Colin is yet to describe is driving exactly how it is, terms such as "Spirited" or "Enjoy the car" normally means that he's not going to hang around. The Saturday moring was superb for weather, although after lunch it was a bit touch and go, especially with the standing water and heavy rain. Despite this is still was enjoyable as some of the roads in Wales are truly amazing, add to that the views and the company of those who attended made it a superb weekend. The Moreton Hotel was as succesful as before, despite being told upon check in that I wasn't expected until SUNDAY night!! They blamed it on the computer system, but after some nice offers to stay in Colin's room I thought it might be best to get our own room - anyone remember May and the noise!! Thank you Colin and those who lended a hand to prepare, book, sort, investigate the routes and prepare maps. It's been another great weekend, just wished we'd booked the Sunday night also. Although it only turned out to be a 1 hour 20 journey home!! I'd also just like mention that we all managed to escape alive even though the rain was rediculous in the mountains/hills although the benefit being there was a very tiny amount of traffic. Great to see those from recent and was thoroughly enjoyable driving with you all. A good little driving pack has been created, although we may have to work on Darren's driving as he for some reason was always at the back Great weekend - those who didn't attend I'd recommend you get your names down for the next one - which Colin has agreed to prepare a sunny weekend! Going to sleep now as I'm knackered!! Pic's will go up tomorrow....
-
I'm sat in curry house waiting for take away nearly home just ten more mins then after curry I'll post so words
-
Sorry mate they only deliver. They are also a tad expensive!! I spotted them also, although would prefer to see the refill done with my own eyes as they can be a bit cheeky and not fill it correctly. Cheers for looking I had a good search myself last night, but can't find anything apart from Cardiff?
-
I know Greekman can get hold of the stuff - not that I've asked - although he's also all the way up in Hull.... Thanks for your input though Andlid After speaking with Demon Tweaks they don't supply NOS - they claimed to have thought about it 2 years ago but decided not to stock it. I asked if they knew of any other business or garage that may stock and they didn't have a clue. Looks like I'll have to preserve my half a bottle!!
-
Busa - try this one.... It's the tallest roller coaster in the world at 420ft (My passion in life is to get on this coaters before I kick the bucket)
-
Could be worth a try I'll give them a call. Cheers Dave
-
This is a bit of a long shot.... and I know it's a bit short notice... although anyone know if there are any NOS refills near to the Wales meet? I need to know for this afternoon if at all possible
-
I've now finished my final mod install I was cutting it a bit fine to start last night a 6:30pm and the loss of light. Had to finish off this morning. Car won't be cleaned for the journey down as it's going to get filthy due to the state of our weather and english roads, so the car will be cleaned at the hotel (Just don't look at my peeling bumper and wheels)!! Looking forward to yet another wicked meet....
-
Fingers crossed, I think my chances of pulling just doubled. I will have to park the zed next to the church. I am not vain at all honest. The only problem is your potential date is going to see you with a 370, what is she going to think when you then turn up in a 350. Hope she won't be disappointed lol
-
Just out of curiosity, how many years have you said that for? I've only this month decided. I've always love my line of work. I was never born to be behind a desk although only in the last twelve months have I been getting really annoyed of how in competent some companies can be. So I'm making plans to do something I enjoy which involves cars and have the added bonus of working for myself. I've already been enquiring about courses and qualifications so hopefully by early spring I want to be setup. The only problem is that I earn good money doing what I do now and I'm sure changing career will reduce my income. Although I'm planning long term to reap the results.
-
If you like cars and fancy selling them you may as well go for the change. I've been doing the same line of work for 20 years and it's about time for change. Going to startup my own business next year.
-
Congrats and well done. Could have been a right lemon knowing how dealers lie. Enjoy the car!
-
M6 toll heck that's an odd route, although I could potentially join up. Was planning on leaving about 1pm so can meet on the m42 or the m6 toll?
-
28 hours and I'll be there
-
I looked at the MET Office.... it's not a problem as my favourite day is Saturday. Sunday is a streching of legs and nice food!!
-
Why stop at 3 Zeds? I'm sure we could have a drive meet with him and drag strip test his motor? Maybe we should open up the Wales meet for him to attend - like a special guest appearance!!
-
Nice one Colin - very much looking forward to it, despite not getting my bumper re-sprayed and my wheels refurbed - so the car is going to look a little tatty. I've heard Sunday is full of rain - ALL day!! Booooo
-
This chap is seriously confused, since when did a 2003 come with 287bhp???? He's even getting factory figures wrong... Chris you have to do it.... !! And like Husky says, get a £10 camera - if you don't have one I don't mind sending my one down, it has a 8gig memory card in there for 1 hours worth of footage. This could be superb!!!
-
Good point, I'll send them a msg. Cheers
-
It just doesn't add up does it..... Maybe it was a "nissan" blip?? lol wish I had a Ps3 in the car.... be more fun that sitting in traffic.
-
Car is UK I'm afraid - so that blows that theory.... Although it was only the other day I was testing to see if I could drive on the ceiling of a tunnel, you know how they drive really fast then drive round the tunnel. Guess what I made it, although it appears my RPM signal/needle has suffered. This is bonkers, I could possibly relate to some sort of circuitry failure/blip. I am going to see what happens over the coming days and weeks. If it comes back I'll be on the phone to someone.... Cheers for your suggestions....
-
I know I was a bit sleepy this morning and had to look twice when I first noticed. I thought I was in a trance!!!!!! I thought maybe the car was floating!! I have a slight suspision it may be related to my NOS. It wasn't activated, although the controller actually links into the RPM signal, maybe there was some sort of "blip" and the rev counter was not receiving the signal correctly?? But then again if it wasn't receiving a signal the needle would drop? I'm very much puzzled.... I might send a pm to Mark @ Abbey if there is no joy on here? Hmmmm Sticking - I like it.... but what would it get stuck on - unless there's some interferance behind the unit????
-
This sounds really odd..... I was driving to work this morning and happened to look down at my RPM needle that was frozen at 950rpm. I was in various gears, i.e. 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The needle didn't move despite accelerating or changing gear?? Then after the 1 minute had passed my RPM needle then decided to replicate that of the engine revs. Not once did the needle drop to the pin, as if to say there was no signal, it just rested at 950rpm?!!! Should I be worried?
-
Fantastic! I think we should all go down and then say we plan on doing a 3 way bid - his eyes will light up!! Of course only after that dyno time
-
I live nearish to Swansea! I would love to go and have a look at it! maybe take it for a drive!! As said, this guy is a bellend! My god! The more i look at those pictures, the more i get wound up! Apologies to those whom own a Veilside bodykit, but i cant stand it! If I was local I'd be down there like a shot to take his car out for a test drive. Only to the point of missleading him into thinking I'd be interested, like he is missleading people into thinking his car is something it isn't!!!!! Get down there Chris - wind him up!! Best thing, go down in your Zed and if he asks, just say oh I'm looking to upgrade to something more powerfull LOL then while driving his, say to him, hmmm mine feels a bit faster to be honest.... haha Wicked !!