Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Had you of researched you would have known iPhone Bluetooth is crap. Would you like a copy of the software which came with my wifi dongle as I can make a copy. In fact you may be able to get a free download from ELM OBD Software.
  2. You need wifi OBD for te iPhone.
  3. As we've had a bit of a winter clear out its time to sell my favourite Hi-Fi stand. It's had a great time in our lounge and due to internal changes this has to go. This is a unique Hi-Fi stand with 5 level toughened glass shelves. The effect is such that the glass shelves slot into the spine of the stand to give a floating effect of the units. All cables are nicely hidden within the spine and exit the rear of the spine keeping things simple. This item is very heavy due to the structure and toughened glass, therefore delivery will be expensive and will have to go as 2 items. I originally paid £600 for this, but happy to take £300. To note the condition of this stand is "As new", no chips or marks to the glass or stand.
  4. Nice Andy, I'd rather not have the "polished" items back
  5. There was no offence taken matey, I would rather people post suggested issues so that I can look to resolve or avoid the entire project. Pointless doing this project if it won't work. Oh and trust me I never want any of my work coming back. Still, to be sure I'm going to speak with Brembo direct, and maybe they might even seal them for me.... if I ask super nicely.
  6. They will be sealed, and as such that will protect the caliper from any corrosion and/or any heat effects. The last alternative is to chrome them. Which would give an even better effect! Either way, these calipers won't be sold if they don't perform to their needs.
  7. I had to get a new one from loosing small sections of my plastic undertray, from being lowered. Eventually the wind got into te holes and started pulling it down onto the reading ripping more sections out. Eventually it had to go. The Zspeed is sheer brilliance. Never do I have an issue with scraping or holes. It also helps with underneath airflow. Great mod, I was also (surprise surprise) tempted to polish the top side but them it will get dirty
  8. Aluminium shines better than steel, but then I get a great shine off the strut bars, I just don't think they've put enough man hours into it to get to my standard I've read up on a number of sites these Maz calipers are machine and hand polished, there's no trickery of a powder coated finish believe it or not. After further reading, the concern from Tim regarding the heat cycles shouldn't be an issue. There's been other DIY efforts which have been successful without issue. So I'm fairly confident these will succeed. I've also read up how easy it is to re-seal them, so I'll be doing that myself too.
  9. To avoid doubt I'm going to speak with Brembo as it appears they provide a polished set for the Masserati's Machine and hand polish, eh voila!
  10. A tenner, with that amount of surface you're at least looking at £20 and a pint! GEARBOX! but you can't see it?? Price will depend on how many hours or days it takes I guess. I'll be taking them apart over the next week or so to have them sand blasted, in fact that should shorten the process considerably, might even be ready for Christmas.
  11. You could always drive up to Birmingham stay the weekend for a 2 day correction and detail. Looks nice and living the colour as always
  12. I could see a potential scrabble for when these are done.
  13. I think I'd need a giant polishing wheel and a truck load of compound. Can't see why it couldn't be done, but then your bumpers and pillars etc are plastic. Best go with a chrome wrap. They won't be for sale until next year, because there seems to be 4 layers of coating, lacquer, primary colour, base coat and a further base under that. Some serious volume of paint! I hope they will look the nuts when done. Thinking maybe black red or blue Brembo overlay stickers. Edit - or PURPLE!
  14. You lot crack me up, polish a turd although saying that I may just give that crap a polish The sealing of the caliper to protect it will be high temp lacquer, exactly that which appears on our calipers. If you're interested I could bring my polishing gear for your bonce Smudge, if you need your car polishing have a chat with Pristine Detailing I'm really hoping they will look epic and one of a kind, my inspiration was something like below. Updates will follow as they happen
  15. Okay so you know I love polishing things..... Well.... I've decided to go for a one off Polished Brembo Project. These will 'eventually' be totally polished and sealed. So I thought I'd make a quick start this morning, sanded and brought back up with compounds. The finish is only a quick test to make sure I can get te desired effect, which once I get them stripped I'll give them the greatest of attention. Here's a couple of starting pics. To note these will be done over the next 3 months, with a view to vein sold once they are polished. I'll update as progress ensues.
  16. Polishing tools Tom A mix of mini and large polishing mops and a range of compounds. Used via a drill and the bench polisher. Each one takes about 2 hours!! So from that update picks below. 7 down and 9 to go
  17. Interesting they are very similar to the Mission, I've ha my mission speaker 15+ years they're flipping great. Need a new AV Amp now though, running Yamaha Natural sound. Always wanted to listen more to the Cambridge.
  18. Nice Dave, but looks like you need a bigger tank now I don't think you answered a question I posted previously. In one of the pics you can see your speakers, Mission by any chance?
  19. Lights will still come on with low battery, but with 8v sounds like the battery has had it!
  20. Erm doesn't everyone write one handed.... That's some skill to write with two hands
  21. That's annoying! Please don't say the polishing word.... I'm a bit polished out this week!
  22. They just didn't attend class that's the issue So we're they actually scratched or just swirled to hell?
  23. Look very good - just like oem but better!
  24. Ekona I agree with what you say about status of vehicle, and yes a Lambo, Fez or Porka would all provide a better presence. Although the GTR isn't in that market, it's designed to be outrageously sophisticated with technology to boot. It wasn't designed as far I can see to be a "sexy" car, because if they did, they failed miserably!! It's like the R8, it's not a super car and its not a GTR, filling a gap in the market. If all cars were like lambo's etc we would all be called Trevor! I like the GTR for what it is and what it does, on he flip side the same with a fez.
  25. I dont think Galardo are under £35k? Oh yeah, maybe I was dreaming and hoping. Just the ultima then Got me excited about them then I check the price and slumped again. Ultimas are amazing no doubt but is it just me. They are a bit ugly. I wouldn't say they're ugly, just different. I saw one at the Ring a couple of years ago and fell in love. Jez has one as a project for himself but its been under wraps for a long while. Maybe he might let it go cheap. Ha ha the lambo price I would have would be at £35k but sadly no, they have fluctuated in price that's for sure. Could have sworn I saw one or two in the £40k region not so long ago. Ekona, GTR's aren't that bad, they may not be the best looking design but I'm sure if one was parked in your drive you wouldn't hesitate to drive it and see what they're all about. They're actually very well put together inside, and you wouldn't know you've got a wealth of power till you hit the loud pedal.
×
×
  • Create New...