Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. I'm not a fan of any metal polish on the plenum, it makes it dull down in comparison to metal compound polishing. You could lacquer the plenum, but for me it again takes the edge off the shine. For an easy life lacquer the plenum, or if you want the shine to stand out leave it bare and maintain with cleaning. I use a speed detailer to clean the plenum and any other polished parts. Every 6 months I take mine off and give it a fresh compound polish to keep it looking good. The wax should keep it looking cleaner for longer. I've been reading up on a number of ways to maintain the plenum, and the Carnauba wax treatment seems to come up trumps.
  2. Wow that's one hell of a shopping trip. Good numbers on the dyno too. The plenum looks good, okay it needs the finishing touch, but as we discussed its not a 10 min job. I've not tried this yet, but get hold of a carnauba wax and seal the plenum. Keep on top of cleaning it as it WILL oxidise. Cleaning and periodic polishing will keep it looking good and if you're polishing again it'll look even nicer.
  3. Sorry but for me a Beemer just doesn't cut the mustard. If I had to select a Beemer to drive it would have to be an old classic, maybe the original 3 series and that's about it. I'll always love the aura which the Z breed provides. In fact the Nissan brand has inspired me for an older Z, such as the 2's or even a skyline which I used to hate and thought were ugly. But since knowing more about their heritage I've changed my train of thought and very much admire the path Nissan have taken with their sports cars. Right now switch to the M3...... What's different between them all, not a great deal really. I don't hate BMW but feel their cars in today's world just look drab and uncharacteristic. Mercedes on the other hand with their outrageous black series, the SLS, SLR, that shows you exactly why BMW are like a wet fart. Audi, hmmmm well, again drab. The R8 is okay, but nothing if put on my millionaires car list. If I won the lottery I would still keep my Zed..... Right.....time for another pint! *waiter*!
  4. Trinity Capital Hotel - don't hang around mate a plate of scampi has been ordered, oh wait a minute, you mean Twobears, sorry you carry on
  5. That's all fair and well having the "power", but with a Beemer you just blend in with the other traffic, such as a yaris or scenic etc. The Zed brings a look from others, whether stationary, pooling at 60 or feeling frugal with the go pedal. There's not many cars on today's roads that gets the looks the Zed receives. I'd never downgrade to a Beemer and that's how I look at it. The Z has passion, history, the looks and curves, the luxury mods and for a fair price too. Then there's the forum, are we seriosuly thinking any Beemer forum would compare to this. This is why the Zed would hold pride on the über cool wall Nuff said.
  6. Well our taxi driver was telling us loads of things, I think I caught the fair price correct (he did mumble though) I like the Irish accent, its a happy accent, and funny when angry
  7. Well we've used a taxi, had some food, some beers and that's about it. The taxi on its own was 25€
  8. We came here about 5 years ago one Chrostmas time. It's like London, but can't understand a damn word they say..... It's pricey at £4 a pint so £100 in the space of 6 hours has gone!! (Not all on drink). We're in the hotel lounge chilling after our hectic 45min flight and all the walking oh and drinking. Boring
  9. Pervert! Bar, Paddy's Day!!! NOT the bedroom Adrian! Hey Adrian, why not pop over for some Irish culture.
  10. I'm in a bar in Dublin if you fancy joining me and the Mrs for Paddy's day.
  11. That's the blatant fishy tail story, I'd get yourself out to a wine bar fast and get yourself a new chap before he lays the bad news down!
  12. I'm in Ireland now I could pick it up?
  13. Rosie wouldn't suit eyelashes, she's more of a shoulder pad kinda girl.
  14. Nadine was my favourite from the beginning, but since they've matured a little Kimberley seems to be turning into a hot woman!
  15. :lol: Have you fallen out of love with RT or something Peter? Having parts made elsewhere is scandalous!
  16. Search criteria.... Japanese Throat Singing Fishing WTF!!!! If you're bored get a zed and start moding for Christ sake! MEDIC!!!!
  17. I'll see what I can do VerygooD!
  18. Yeah yeah yeah. "For your other half", really??? I wondered who this CD belonged to when I found it in the car park after the last West Mids meet. Must've fell out your car mate when you were showing the engine bay off I'll give it you back when I next see you. Shhhhhhh They're actually quite good in concert, was well impressed with their entrance I'm Newcastle. To be fair though we were both half cut by the time they came on I'm not normally a "pop" kinda guy, but anything to please the good lady.
  19. Superb like this one.... http://anandarestaurant.ie/ It's a bit out of town, but the plan is to have a nice dinner before naked girls, so it shouldn't hurt to take a taxi out. Thanks for the heads up Mr G
  20. Thanks Mr G, I'll take a gander on there, never thought to get a web review. Pics will follow when I return (hopefully of naked girls aloud)
  21. Thanks Will Well, I purchased for my other half tickets for Girls Aloud in Dublin, one of her favourite cities, and I thought may as well make a weekend of it. She's already seen them in Newcastle but as this is claimed to be their final tour, I thought she'd like the idea. That was until I realised it was slap bang in the middle of Paddy's day and the hotel prices are far from cheap. We did Dublin about 5 years ago and was about 10 mins from town, so this time to make life easier I thought within the drinking district would suit save getting Taxi's everywhere. Paying the price though at £170 a night. We love a good curry and it'll be nice to dine in a preferred and recommended establishment whilst on our trip. Funny you say Southall, we live in Brum, so we have a million and one curry houses up here. In fact I've even been given training in my local curry house to make the "takeaway" curry at home.
  22. That's a good price if carbon lip and canards
  23. I thought you'd not read correctly when you said Hagley road Cheers matey
  24. Can somebody recommend me a VERY GOOD curry house, price no problem as my Dad has treated me and the good lady for our Birthdays. We're staying Bar side of the river, rather than the shopping side, but happy to Taxi anywhere in town to get a super curry. We're staying 4 days, so happy to trial more than one
×
×
  • Create New...