Jump to content

veeg33

Members
  • Posts

    2,060
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by veeg33

  1. Hello and welcome
  2. Nice wheels! Too bad I'm not in position to buy, bad timing. GLWTS mate. It should be gone by now!
  3. Hello and welcome
  4. Hello and welcome
  5. Hello and welcome ^^As above, they will sort you out! Great service!
  6. Nice video mate!
  7. Hello and welcome
  8. Cheers Gareth! We are so looking forward to our first house. Thanks for the tip! Will definitely add a carpet or rubber mat to protect. As for the seat, it's now all the way back, I'm about 6 feet tall and currently about 2 months pregnant (beer belly). Might still struggle but will learn from this
  9. Unfortunately, it's the smaller version. I think I could just for the zed in and will struggle a little when getting out/in. Maybe need to fold the wing mirrors Not much space left once the zed is in. But will be using it mainly as additional storage. I did try my best to persuade my missus for a different house design with a detached double garage, she doesn't like it and it's costing additional £10k At least it will be better than my apartment now.
  10. Hello and welcome
  11. Hello and welcome
  12. Hello and welcome
  13. Yeah, it's odd to have there but works fine for me now. The plan is to route the vidoe cable all the way to the head unit when I had a new one installed in 2017 That's a long way off but a new house is more important. Yep, missus has banned me from spending any money on the zed now. Temporary cure for Zeditus! But I'm looking forward to a new men cave, jet washer, more tools, etc! Here's a how it will look like when it's done
  14. Yeah, it's odd to have there but works fine for me now. The plan is to route the vidoe cable all the way to the head unit when I had a new one installed in 2017
  15. Got mine from Clark Motorsport, they are plug n go. No mod needed, fits perfectly as they are original OEM parts. Great service from Ewen too.
  16. Seen other fellow members here installing reversing camera and for the price (EBay specials), I've decided to give it a go. Brought a CCD cam (number plate light + cam) and a 4.3" monitor for EBay. EBay item number for the camera 271736771908 and the monitor 391106460484 Disassembled most of my rear boot panels Thanks to this plastic removal tool (as long as my hand) , makes removing them easy Feed the cable into the rear bumper and used a metal wire to hook it so that I can tape the camera cable to a pilot cable that will help me to feed/guide it into the boot. Remove the rubber grommet, feed the pilot cable into it and tape it to the camera cable. Instead of cutting a slot on the rubber grommet, I decided to feed those cable into the tiny hole. With a little bit of lubricant, they just managed to fit in. The trick is to feed it in whilst the connector is facing the other way ie fold the cable 180deg and start from the smaller end of the connector and slowly push it in. Be careful not to damage cable as they are not the best quality, and try your best to avoid pulling the cables when you are stuck, put the connector. Feed both in, add some insulation tape and replace it back to its original position. Next it to locate a good ground location, I choosen this one here. I had tested my camera and screen before, so did not bothered testing it again on my zed. Then I locate the reverse light cable which is near to the passenger side rear light. It is light green with a silver ring at every 5cm or so. Then using a Scotchlok T-tap, I tap into the cable to power up the camera and monitor. Route all cable nicely, and use lots of tie wrap to secure them, ensuring minimum movement to avoid cable fretting due to vibration. As for the monitor, I've chosen a strange location but works well for me. This is above the passenger rear speaker. I was initially wanting to place the monitor in the cubby but find it a little troublesome to open the lid every time I need the screen during reverse, and close it when I'm done. Then was also considering placing it above the gauges but was concerned someone might break into the car thinking it was a satnav. So yesterday before this was being installed, whilst reversing to my usual parking spot, I thought it will be good to have it in the corner. Since I will be turning my head back whilst reversing, might as well have it there. It is kind of hidden in the corner. I also brought some limousine black tint to tint both little windows and now they are not visible from outside. Got some spare CF wrap so decided to wrap the monitor as well to make it look less like a satnav. The only negative of this monitor position is the camera video is mirrored. It will be OK if the monitor was facing the back of the car but when it is facing the front, it's mirrored. Well, that didn't bother me much as I'm using this to help with distance between me and object behind me. Overall, I think it's money well spent (£20 all inclusive) and about 2hrs alone time with my zed (DIY) And this will most likely be my final mod for 2015 and 2016 as I had placed an early bird deposit on a house. Main deposit due mid 2016 so no more spare cash to be spent on my zed unfortunately. But considered lucky that I don't need to sell the zed to help with deposit
  17. Absolutely loved it! But only comes with 3 specs. 1 x 17" and 2 x 18". Would be great if they do 19" IMHO. Nismo website - http://www.nismo.co.jp/omori_factory/fl_parts/ Here's another link to pics with specs in English http://www.the370z.com/tires-wheels/104136-new-omori-factory-release-nismo-lm-gt4-engraving.html Don't think it will be cheap to get them into UK from Japan, expecting over £1500 for all corners (I might be wrong)
  18. Hello and welcome 👋
  19. Thanks mate. I'll give it a go this Saturday and see how it goes. I'll power it by tapping into the rear light cluster and run the power cable together with the video cable to the front cubby. Will drill a hole in the cubby to feed the cables in and most probably not going to mount the LCD in as I guess it will sit in there pretty good and I will only open the cubby when I reverse (when in doubt, open cubby)
  20. I've just purchased (EBay's specials) and received (from China) a reverse camera and 4.3" LCD monitor. The camera should slot into the rear number plate light (replacing the OEM) and the LCD should fit in the cubby (if my measurements are correct and advertised dimensions of the LCD is correct). The plan is to run the cables through the middle (handbrake), it should be fun trying to disassemble and not break anything. I've seen few members here did this mod before but wasn't clear hence raise few question below: Questions: 1.) Do you feed the LCD with power from tapping on cigarette lighter from the front (LCD will be switched on whenever the engine is started up)? Or you feed it from tapping into the rear reverse light power (LCD only will be switched on when reverse gear being selected)? What are the Pros and Cons? Will I be able to tap out from 1 source and power up both the LCD and reverse camera at the same time as the reverse lights being switched on? 2.) If I'm running the power cable from rear to front, will the distance (length of the cable) matters? I'm assuming the longer the cable, the higher the resistance hence output will decrease and will be insufficient to power up the LCD. I'm completely clueless on electronics but loved DIY and learn as I go....... Thanks in advance
  21. Hello and welcome Enjoy your Zed mate!
  22. Looks really good but I think they should kept the rear round lights design.
×
×
  • Create New...