Jump to content

Bodyboarder81

Members
  • Posts

    3,182
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bodyboarder81

  1. So I guess if I went to say meister and said what I wanted they could do the spring rates I am after and match the damping to the springs?
  2. But I want £450 I would settle at £400 which is a bargain !! If not ill just keep them , thanks for your interest though
  3. Ah man that's bad news!! At least it's getting sorted though....... Have you trial fitted the front yet to see if it clears the callipers? Just saying as that's some serious dish !!
  4. Tricky - what sort of spring rates would you be recommending for mainly road driving ?
  5. No I don't want a loud exhaust ....... A chap round the corner from me runs the Berks and invidia system and that's as loud as I would want to go ..... Maybe even a bit to loud .... That system did seem to drone a little but I think that was more the way he was driving it , putting his foot down in 4th 5th at around 2000rpm there was a cabin drone ....
  6. The Berks are staying on whatever as they were a pain to fit and want the ( small) benefits they offer in bhp .... So I might not be able to eliminate the rasp completely but make it better .
  7. Is it possible to get the comfort levels from coilovers then? The ohlins would be very nice and if I could find some people using them I might be more inclined to go for these , again the meisters seem like a good choice .... British made and designed for your roads and also on the forum so would be able to phone them up and have a chat
  8. Hi all Just wandered what the best set up for creating the sounds of the nismo exhaust ? I guess the real nismos are hard to get hold of so want to replicate the sound as best as I can. I have fitted Berks HFC , cobra y pipe and scorpion exhaust and find after fitting the HFC it's to raspy for me . I want to keep the HFC and add a new system . I don't want drone , rasp Resonated cobra? Invidia Gemini ? Miltek? In people's experience would these be louder than my set up at the moment and not have the rasp? Thanks
  9. Do you have the resonated one mate? If so do you find it drones at all ? I have the Berks HFC , cobra y pipe and scorpion back box ..... It's a bit raspy for me so thinking about swopping to something different .
  10. Hello That rx8 looks cracking !
  11. That's lovely .... Especially the front end .
  12. Ok mate thanks for the info , yes I'm only lowered about 15mm so I guess the b6 would suit me ......
  13. Flip me that's gone up !! When my 350 was about to expire I got 2 years main dealer warranty for £500 !
  14. Would £1500 be a good amount? But I could stretch to the ohlins if they really are the best for road and track.......
  15. It's to do with the rolling radius ... If you don't keep it close to oem spec front to rear the traction control will keep coming on due to the incorrect radius They look lovely wheels .... Lets hope they fit over the brembos at the front !!!
  16. That looks amazing !! Jack royal I think it was who done the jag steering wheels with the flat bottom .... Very well done
  17. Do you mean getting the Bilstein dampers only and pairing it with the Tein springs? That would be ok as the tein springs are designed to work with OEM dampers and the bilstein dampwrs are an upgrade on the OEM. I would consider the B8 which is a monotube damper. However if you want to focus on performance/sportiness then the B12, 14 or 16 would be the choice as theses are complete with matching progressive springs with good road compliance.. The B16 would be the most sporty. Yes looking at the b8 to be used with my tein springs. My car won't see alot of track action so the road compliance is the key factor for me ...... I like the ride height I'm at as I don't need to mess around with camber arms as it is. But I would like to make it go round corners better ! I know it's all a comprimise really ... But if changing to coilovers such as the meisters ( don't know anything about them really) would get me a better road and odd track day set I'm I'm fine with changing . From previous experience I've always found coilovers to be very harsh on the road , but haven't had any on a car for quite a few years . Has it changed now ? Can you get a good quality ride on our bumpy roads as well good on track ? Are the ohlins really worth the price tag .... As they claim to to both vey well? Thanks for your help
  18. Not too keen on them .... For some reason they remind me of a tt But if you like them go for it
  19. Not sure really on budget ......whatever I need to spend really, don't want to do it again so dont mind spending a bit ....
  20. I just worry about coilovers ruining the road compliance and comfort ? Gt4z - in your understanding and experience would the bilstein b6 work well with the tein springs and there spring rate ? Or can I get the same comfort running coilovers nowadays?
  21. For me anyway I'm happy with the ride height I'm running on the teins , I just want improve on the standard dampers if possible ? If I'm going to go coilovers I think you need to go top end to really gain anything .... That's why the ohlins caught my eye .... But at £2500 they are making my eye water as well !! On a side note .... Fitted the eibach arbs .... Great upgrade
  22. The other cars might be better .... But for me the Zeds have so much road presence and soul and they are the working mans sports car .... Everywhere I drive I get complements and looks ..... In a Porsche you get " your posh looks "and ( boxters anyway ) your gay comments !!
  23. Hi dude .... Where can I find the write up? Cheers
  24. Has anybody fitted these? Can't really find alot of info on them .... I'm looking at the I think the b6/8 dampers to be used with my tein springs . Looking to improve the handling with regards road use and the odd track day Any feedback would be great ..... Also Does anyone have any experience with the ohlins coilovers as well? Alot more expensive but would this be a good set up for road compliance and track work?
  25. Probably. Yes it was me asking about 0-100 times .... Got shot down pretty quick , because nobody speeds on this forum
×
×
  • Create New...