Bodyboarder81
Members-
Posts
3,182 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Bodyboarder81
-
Don't worry Pritchard .... I got the same response from quite a few on here when I asked what would a 400bhp 350z keep up with ..... I was accused of speeding and not to race on the road ( rightly so ) and all I really wanted to know was some bench marks so I could make a decision on if I wanted to charge my car or not ....
-
The first trader in the trade section sells them on here ..... Really good quality . Bought some for my rota wheels which I had to modify to fit .... But are a straight swop for standard rays
-
RyanT's Build Diary & Introduction (with 'bonus' MX5 content)
Bodyboarder81 replied to RyanT's topic in Member Build Projects
Some great little mods going on , well done Do your LEDs also fit the rear number plate lights ? If so ill send you a pm and buy the interior / plate LEDs off you for , as its something I keep meaning to do , Thanks -
Front or rear mate? It also depends on what size tyres you are going to run .......
-
Cheers for the feed back everyone ......I have decided not to go FI at the moment as I feel to justify the cost of charging my HR I would want 400 at the wheels but because of this I would always be worried about blowing my engine ..... Many are running this bhp no problem on a standard engine .... A few have gone bang at this bhp .... I'm not sure i can take that risk , think it would take the enjoyment out of owning the car for me . It's such a massive financial commitment if I charge it and if it does let go ill have to spend yet another ££££ on it ..... But thanks again for all the feed back and comments , appreciate it
-
Another Christmas Tale from The Zed Shed Update P4
Bodyboarder81 replied to Keyser's topic in 350Z General
Flip me that was good going ...... Was going to pop down tommorrow afternoon to see how it was going !! Think it'll be all done by then !! Well done ! And really pleased for you Matt -
well i suppose that would make sense i bet there bordering ohlin price tho I would have thought so to be honest and not really sure you would see much difference if your not tracking it every weekend .
-
Don't quote me but I think it goes v1 v2 v3 then the clubsport .....
-
I think the kw clubsports are still ment to be very very good. I've just fitted the eibach Arbs to mine and its a massive improvement . I'm just running some tein springs and it's a great road set up ..... Probably not to good on the track though , not stiff enough .
-
That's it ..... If your out so am i !! By the the sounds of it we both are thinking down the same lines mate I am gutted but I shall still enjoy the zed for what it is .... A great , affordable sports car that sounds great , look great and goes ........ok Now what to do with my 10k I've got put aside for my supercharger ? I guess not a bad problem to have im waiting for ohlins to come up with a set of coils for the 70 ive been told kw are good but ohlins are better after feeling the diffrence the anti roll bars made to the sharpnes and the turn in it would be great to get it set up on rails as for your 10g keep it safe you never know when you might need it Onlins ..... Very nice mate a good friend of mine runs them on his Elise , he's always banging on about how good they are !!
-
That's it ..... If your out so am i !! By the the sounds of it we both are thinking down the same lines mate I am gutted but I shall still enjoy the zed for what it is .... A great , affordable sports car that sounds great , look great and goes ........ok Now what to do with my 10k I've got put aside for my supercharger ? I guess not a bad problem to have im waiting for ohlins to come up with a set of coils for the 70 ive been told kw are good but ohlins are better after feeling the diffrence the anti roll bars made to the sharpnes and the turn in it would be great to get it set up on rails as for your 10g keep it safe you never know when you might need it Got a funds for those rainy days .... This is my stupid / childish funds!! Just bought a bean to cup coffee maker for £1300 .... Down to £8700 in stupid funds
-
Think ill just pop on the HFC I have sat at home, go to abbey for a map to smooth it all out and leave it at that .....
-
Yep ..... I've never gambled in my life .... Don't think I should start now!!
-
That's it ..... If your out so am i !! By the the sounds of it we both are thinking down the same lines mate I am gutted but I shall still enjoy the zed for what it is .... A great , affordable sports car that sounds great , look great and goes ........ok Now what to do with my 10k I've got put aside for my supercharger ? I guess not a bad problem to have
-
....... Ya and as I'm wanting more power now in the shape of a supercharger I guess in the future ill want more ..... Thanks for your replies again as I'm trying to weigh up weather it's worth it for me or not ..... My car is great at the moment and I don't want to spoil it or spoil the experience of owning such a great little car ..
-
Thanks olly I'm feeling a bit gutted as I was set on this direction for my zed ...... But I'm not sure i can warrant the risk and possible outlay of a rebuild if things go Peter tong ......
-
I think this is becoming to scary for me Olly I'm guessing abbey thought it was safe to run that amount of torque on the HR unit ,As from what ive read thats considered safe for it ? What did it cost to build your engine back up? Pm me if needed , thanks again
-
Is that bhp at the hubs or ftlb at the hubs when it went bang ? And who mapped it ... Appreciate the feedback everyone .
-
I want to run 400 at the hubs safely .......
-
Hi , As you've probably gathered I'm looking into the stillen supercharger for my HR 350z ..... From what I've read I should be able to run 400bhp at the hubs safely ( or as safe as FI can be ) if I wanted to make this set up even safer what would I have to do to the engine?.... Am I right in thinking forged rods , pistons and rod bolts would be enough? If so what the rough cost of this to be done ? Thanks for your help
-
That's some power though olly ... What's that at the fly ? 530 ish ? I'm looking at running 400 at the Hubs and 350ftlb ..... What ftlb you running olly when it blew? As I think the gtm kits produce a lot more torque than the stillen ...
-
Does your vortech sound like a tractor at idle mate? Concerning reliability and engine damage .... From all the reading I've done on here and the US forum .... Yes a few have gone bang and quite alot have had bad power figures due to the supplied ( carb approved map) mapping from stillen . They also map their cars for 91 obtain .... We have better fuel than them . The ones that have had a proper tune ( on here and US) have done loads of miles with no problems . The stillen kit looks to be a very good supercharger package but it must be fitted (along with essential upgraded components )and mapped perfect to minimise the risks to the engine long term ...... Luckily we have some very good tuners on here who know the vortech kit and zed engines very very well. I would love to here from a few on here who have had there's charged and how they are getting on ........ But as dan says it is a risk ..... But this can be minimised
-
That looks amazing in the sunlight Very nice ..... I would be very happy with that too!!
-
Yep I'm going to try and get a date ( oo er) that he can meet up ...... As it the kit we would be using on ours:)
-
Mines rep ( 2nd pic) looks great , along with some carbon tarmac side steps would be a good combo