Jump to content

gstraw

Members
  • Posts

    721
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gstraw

  1. Thanks for the replies. Stevo that car looks great! But those wheels look gunmetal to me and they don't come in gunmetal colour The strip is a GT edition strip. Came on the car when I bought him the car but it's not a GT edition. Feel like a cheat!
  2. I'm considering this for my winter setup. Tarmac has Japan Racing wheels at a decent price but they come in white black and bronze. No gunmetal in 19" So what do you guys think? On
  3. Old bones, If your around Aberdeen let me know. I'm passing through to Peterhead and I don't mind having a look at your car. Particularity the lip spoiler! I've not seen many I like but this ones nice and subtle. I'm in Aberdeen Friday around 1ish and next Tuesday evening
  4. Wouldn't shock me! LOL!! After all you've been through your comment is so justified!
  5. Looks great! Looks OEM+ Is your car lowered? Does the lip sit lower than the stock bumper? Doesn't look like it does. Also is your inside fangs painted the same colour at the inside part of the spoiler? I like this. Oh and lastly what material is is made from? Please don't say fiberglass! I want a urethane lip
  6. I easily get my pencil bag in the widest section of the boot. Ie rear light to rear light and I've got the rest if the boot for my shoes and other stuff. Although I need to upgrade my bag to a cart bag but I need to take the car to the shop and check it still fits. Suits, can you check if your bag fits like my pencil one and let me know? The bag I want is a callaway chev bag which looks like the same size as yours
  7. Has anyone done this on their 370? I don't fancy the fly eyes. I actually want to open up the headlights and spray them black but I'm too chicken even though I've done it on my celica. It's was just quite a mission to do. So I'm considering tinting the headlights a very light smoke colour so that the front end if the car doesn't look as bright and chrome. Especially since the wheels are a darker colour now and not stock. Does it need to be a special film? Also is it a DIY job or do I need to take it somewhere? Thanks
  8. I love the ds2500 on my celica however I've noticed that they say not for legal road use! Meaning is insurance void if your running better pads? Lol
  9. gstraw

    Which fuel

    Get an uprev so you can safely run 95 fuel. Runnin 95 over 99 costs me an extra £1 a day for the commute to work so in 1.5 years the up rev has paid for itself if I get it and safely run 95 Ron hahaha
  10. Mines also does exactly all of the above and I got another member to listen to the car and drive it too. His car got replaced under warranty and he listened to mine and said its fine. Wasn't like the noises he was getting which warranted a replacement clutch and flywheel.
  11. How was the car after alignment?
  12. gstraw

    370 front lip

    lol it's better to have flex bud. More flex means it's less likely to break. BUT since it's 3 piece you could probably easily wrap it with helicopter tape. Clear stuff. It's what they put in the lesson edge of helicopter blades to stop stones cracking them. And the blades spin at like Mach 2 so should be good enough for the front lip of a car! I've had this tape in my arches and it's perfect. Have you lowered your car? Are you going for the all black inside section and coloured outside?
  13. Daam did you get it sorted? You have a 370 or a 350? Are you selling your clutch too? Cheers
  14. Here's mine ;-) Got some side pics? Is your car lowered and how does it do on bumps? I like the general shape but can't help but think might look big. But then again it is a big car in the flesh. Maybes it's one I need to see in the flesh to decide. Where you based? Not in Glasgow by any chance are you? Lol
  15. gstraw

    370 front lip

    Cool. How much did it dirk out to rob and what's it made from? Fiberglass or urethane?
  16. The nismo front reminds me of the robots in I-robot lol
  17. hey just another bump here: Cake did you find any pictures of a colour coded lip? tarmac have you got any more pictures of the sunline fitted? the sunline looks huge on the cars in pictures ive seen but it could just be the photos. and how much of a replica is it? is it identical or have you made any changes?
  18. thats a shame. i like the amuse spoiler but no one does it here in the uk. what seibon one did he go for? any pics?
  19. Tarmac, there is definitely a market for the spoiler!! i don't know why anyone doesn't do it. other companies in the uk offer the front back and sides but not the spoiler. seems strange. anyways i would buy a replica spoiler if you made one
  20. i think this is a very valid point- its not Abbey he is enquiring about- its UpRev and why they want us to buy a license. for example, live tuning is the best way forward so is a tunner charged £50 per hour and was with the car for 4 hours, thats £200 we would pay him but why is the tuner being charged each time to use uprev...which then obv gets passed onto the client. the OP is not argueing live mapping he is argueing the fact of why tuners cant tune without having to buy a license for each car. its a valid point
  21. Hey mate. Can these fit a 5x100 pattern? Might get some for my celica
  22. Bare paint but also tried it on top of something else. Both times it was pretty poor tbh
  23. I've used c2v3 several times undiluted and it wears off after 3 weeks. Not 8 months like gtechniq say. Not happy
×
×
  • Create New...