Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. I heard they're too dusty and not really needed for a road car.... I don't find them too dusty but then I regularly clean my car (every week). Oh well if you're set on the EBC ones then go for it.
  2. ^^ There you go TT350 that's good info for you to know.
  3. I'd recommend Ferodo DS2500 brake pads.
  4. That's sad news. My condolences.
  5. ^^ No problem at all.
  6. Yep it will have an LSD as standard. Believe it's the JDM one's that come with a different diff (and also no Brembo's most of the time).
  7. Could try going over 155mph to see if the limiters been taken off. Probably best not done on the M25 though or similar. Ah yes it's a fairlady of course... Just a thought but as upRev requires a license couldn't you contact them and see if there is a record http://uprev.com Think actually the speed limiter on the JDM's is 112 mph but still it would be one fun way to tell if the limiters been removed. Might work contacting some UpRev tuners as you say Dave to see if they keep the cars registration in some sort of data base.
  8. Cool, ...but that light switch isn't level. Look's a bit "Heath Robinson" but if it works it works.
  9. Could try going over 155mph to see if the limiters been taken off. Probably best not done on the M25 though or similar.
  10. Have you asked Adrian? he might be the guy to ask.
  11. Have you checked all the history (receipts) with the car to see if there is anything from one of the UpRev tuners such as Horsham Developments or Abbey Motorsport? Any dyno sheet with your cars paper work? If you've added a plenum spacer then to get the benefits from that you'll really need an UpRev anyway.
  12. It is a lot to do still but considering you have done most of this on your own & within less than 9 months it's fantastic. When I was working at this classic car restoration garage here in Cardiff there where 3 of us at it 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and it still would take us 6-12months to complete a car such as an MGB GT from start to finish. Don't forget though that is with all the parts we needed on hand, a donor vehicle, with an in house painter working on the panels as we went and a brand new shell from the MG owners club. Keep going, it'll be worth it in the end.
  13. This thread was over a year ago so I hope he's forgotten about it or got them done properly by now.
  14. I think I still have my old standard Nissan Cat brace from when I went to Berks De-Cats. Let me know if you're interested (on here or via PM ~ private message) and I'll have a proper look for it then and we can sort something out if you need it. Thankyou I'm also running decats but the whole system is sitting too low. No problems for you? None tbh. I have an Invidia Gemini exhaust system connected up to the Berks De-Cats and it's fine. Do you want me to have a look for the Cat brace?
  15. Wonder if that will be going to one of those Police auctions?!
  16. Exactly what I do with mine.
  17. The truth is it varies from car to car and a lot of other factors can make a difference to. Like: weather, ambient temperatures, fuel, tyres, engine condition, type of rolling road etc etc. You've got the basic idea though as to increase performance you will be looking at needing plenum spacer, air filter and exhaust system/Cats. If you have a good read of the dyno results thread (link below) then it will help give you some idea of how it all varies. When I had my first UpRev done with all the above mods my car yielded 295Bhp odd whereas a seemingly identical age Zed with the same mods just a few weeks later got over 300Bhp. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/23450-dyno-results-info-thread/ As long as it makes an improvement to your car and you're happy with how it drives afterwards then the numbers really are just numbers.
  18. ^^
  19. Now that is a lovely motor Brad. Personally I prefer coupes but if it's an E-type I'd take either.
  20. Well done on getting all the panels to line up, ...bet that was a bl**dy nightmare and rubbing out that detail line well I'd have been crying. You can see now though Darren why people say "blood, sweat & tears" went into their restorations.
  21. ^^ Always the same when I win things. Just like that Nigerian prince who I gave my credit card details to and he still hasn't paid me the 100,000,000 Naira he said he would.
  22. Now what do I win? That's not too bad though really ~ can't wait to see it all come together Trig.
×
×
  • Create New...