Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Never nice crashing any vehicle whatever the cause and everyone makes mistakes so just hope your friend is ok 13DM.
  2. Already said it in a separate thread I've started but thought I'd post it up in my build thread as well. Just wanted to say a big thank you to Ben at RareRims for sorting me out with a replacement set of center caps for my 19" Rota alloys. Fantastic price for new replacements (cheaper than on eBay) & very fast delivery. Great service & thanks Ben@RareRims.
  3. Never had one before no but it look's very nice with the hard top I think. Hope she enjoys the new motor.
  4. ^^
  5. Think this Skoda Yeti 4x4 was the maddest thing I saw on track tbh. From what I've heard it has a TTRS engine swap in it with well over 500bhp. Not the best driving imo as he makes a couple of questionable overtakes in corners but still obviously a quick motor. He passes my Zed just after Quarry corner (1min 42 secs on). Edit: I saw him coming which is why I was off line, ..that & the Evo was pushing to overtake in the corner as well.
  6. Did you take the Zed on track? I did see an Azure blue 350Z that was on track, ...maybe 11:30 ish?. Then later I saw the same Zed parked up in the car park and people were working on it with tools and things. If they hadn't been busy I might have popped over. Wasn't you was it? No it wasn't although I did see that one too, looked quite tidy! To be honest I'm too scared of crashing to take mine out on the track! Did you see a black Clio around that time that looked ridiculously quick? No I didn't. Why was that your friends? Can't blame you for not taking it on that action day though. Was pretty perilous at times, ...still as has been said countless times now, proper track days are not like that one.
  7. Some interesting & funny comments in there. Think I like this guys response best....
  8. If you are looking for a used S/c set up Mikes selling a complete kit with some new parts as well: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/97206-supercharger-parts-for-sale-updated-20-apr-15/
  9. Did you take the Zed on track? I did see an Azure blue 350Z that was on track, ...maybe 11:30 ish?. Then later I saw the same Zed parked up in the car park and people were working on it with tools and things. If they hadn't been busy I might have popped over. Wasn't you was it?
  10. Look's pretty good on her... But totally agree with you Danny. Not for me either.
  11. I'm sure he's used to that sort of shenanigans by now.
  12. You know it makes sense. Good luck with the dyno btw.
  13. If it works for you and still handles how you want it to then it's up to you. Just bear in mind that generally it's not a good idea to have mismatched tyres even if they are the same on each axle. For example with different tread patterns, construction strength etc you could be setting your vehicle up to be unstable or even dangerous like if the fronts grip more than the rear or vice a versa under braking/cornering etc. Personally I'd say you should have the same make/type/model of tyre on each side, front to back. Safest way to be imo.
  14. ^^ Should have been.
  15. Yep that is true although if the offending bad driver is hoping to go on track more than once it's still worth having a word afterwards.
  16. It was good to watch but I honestly didn't like the colour of that Zed. Yeah was a bit mustardy... A bit?!
  17. Look's pretty good and you can't tell in the pictures that they are different size alloys. Just don't tell Dan you've got mis-matched tyres.
  18. Very interesting read and I bet that Clio sounded awesome with ITB's.
  19. It was good to watch but I honestly didn't like the colour of that Zed.
  20. Very nice. Wouldn't mind one of those someday.
  21. This is true but then standard cars have their problems too and I know which I'd rather be driving.
  22. I take it you got 2nd in your class then? Gotta be happy with that for the first time out. Well done.
  23. Doesn't say "GT Edition" anywhere in the advert just "GT" which it is so I'm guessing someone just added the decals afterwards as they liked them. Look's pretty nice to me. I'm no 370Z expert though so let's see what the general consensus is.
  24. Got my fingers crossed for you. Never nice when things aren't quite running right. Good luck.
  25. Shouldn't be too hard to get a new turbo actuator though. Do you know what the turbo model number is? I'd have thought Abbey Motorsport should be able to help you out with this.
×
×
  • Create New...