Jump to content

Floydbax

Members
  • Posts

    816
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Floydbax

  1. You're right those nuts can be tw@s Plenty of penetration fluid for a few days before you start. I also used a thing called 'Freeze your nuts off' 'tho can't say if it made a difference! I ended up having to hammer a size too small socket onto 3 of mine. You have to really give it some welly and get it all the way on (you then can get the nut out of it with a screwdriver and hammer - I used a vice on my bench) then on one I used a massive long piece of scaffolding over my breaker bar, the others I lifted the car as high as possible, then wedged the breaker bar onto the socket and between that and some bricks, then lowered the car on the jack and let the weight of the car break the nut off. Once you have just broken that initial crack then they come off OK. It's a right annoying old job but you just have to keep your patience, they will come off eventually
  2. My Toyosports £20 EBay jobbie has been on a while now. It's gone a bit tarnished compared to the rest of the stainless system (Top Gear Bridport) but that only detracts from the look of it, seems to be holding up ok no leaks, but does show that it's deffo a lower grade of steel used! Like I said at the time, 'at that price it can last a year and I'd be happy ' that said it does aid the decent sound too Edit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-Z33-3-5L-S-STEEL-EXHAUST-Y-PIPE-DOWNPIPE-7937B-/110814072134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19cd088d46 Added the link to same item, they appear to have stopped the 99p start auctions now sadly. Must also say it was a perfect fit supplied with nuts bolts and gaskets
  3. I actually have these for mine, 'tho it's an '05 (I have the '05 compatible ones) but yet to be assed to fit them . I'll get around to it next guaranteed dry period after I've finished my brakes. . Basic fitting guide here: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Nissan-350Z-Direct-Fit-LED-Daytime-Lamps-Installation-a/591.htm
  4. http://www.onpointdyno.com/?p=2953 Err, not exactly sure what you're after but here's a pic of a DE plenum without the plastic cover
  5. Got to say I generally tend to agree with what you say, although UKIP worry me that there's a lot of people are going to vote for them and I'd rather have a coalition the same as last time. It amazes me how short people's memories are. It's really not that long ago that left wing politics nearly bankrupt the country and they have spent that whole of the last parliament opposing everything that was being put in place that actually happens to be working!! There was a general 'missing of the point' yesterday by the press when the latest growth figures showed it slowed in the very recent months. They don't realise that business, that is driving the recovery, is reluctant to commit to anything while there is the threat of a change of leadership to one that would undoubtably just ruin things again. Sadly it really makes no difference in my constituancy (Tatton - George Osbourne) what you vote, there is an overwhealming Tory majority. Although we are famous for getting Neil Hamilton out and Martin Bell in
  6. I have this one it is hardly noticeable even when you are looking for it!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCD-Rear-View-Camera-FOR-NISSAN-Versa-Pulsar-Cube-350Z-370Z-GTR-Infiniti-G35-G37-/400896175311?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d57462ccf
  7. Looks like a Cobra to me - http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=114&zenid=37eeba5c74ad398fb5a70ee5a811e691
  8. I also have the satin black ones, been on over a year no problems. Went a bit green over a period when I didn't wash it but they are OK now no signs of ageing or anything
  9. It could be worse ..... I think I might have low standards LoL
  10. Possibly the 'clock spring' inside the steering wheel! https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=350z+clock+spring+replacement
  11. I have that exact cam, seems to work OK. I have it on the rear glass partition in my 'vert, takes some pretty decent rolling footage too
  12. LoL - there's your second mod (after the stubby ) get it swapped out for a decent head unit
  13. This is getting spooky I also had a Red Renault engined Europa and my brother had a purple Twin Cam Lotus engined one way back!! I got mine from Christopher Neil's in Northwich but it was pretty ropey and I didn't like it so much, I traded in for a Celica 2L GT, my brother traded his for an RS 2000, both Europas were later condemned for rusty chassis'.
  14. I was turning off the main road in the Gunmetal 'vert, flashed and waved but as it was pi55ing down I couldn't see if you did!!
  15. I'd use one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0001K9UEG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00 which is what I think they mean above
  16. Good mod, mine deffo felt immediately different after doing this mod, in a good way
  17. It's deffo a weird one this. Looks like its mild steel. The mid pipe silencer looks OEM but the split at the rear of the pipe is unique, also doesn't look like its been replaced for the original. The back box also has that flange around the edge like the OEM unit. It looks though to be 3" right through. Those flange connectors also look OEM. The pipes look mandrel bent and the welds look pretty decent.
  18. That is very interesting indeed, looks pretty decent TBF. It doesn't look like any Japspeed I have seen, it also looks like its been on there a while. Is the car a Jap import by any chance? Might help track it down. It's a full system, YPipe, mid pipe and back box.
  19. Come on Ben, go take a phone pic of it now and post it on the 350z facebook page so we can all have a look
  20. 'Declared' sale price
  21. Sounds like an Amuse R1 to me http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/96163-anyone-looking-for-a-amuse-r1-350z-exhaust-my350z/
  22. http://www.skipbrowncars.com/ It was Skip Brown
  23. We also used to visit the rally guy who lived not far away from Tweeks, they ran the Talbot Sunbeams, trying to remember the name of the place!! May have been APB Motorsport? ^ not ABP they are still going, near Crewe ( Shavington ). Skip Brown possibly? - Anyone??
  24. Used to go to Tattenhall back in the 70's for my rally tyres. I remember it being a small white building in the middle of nowhere, stuffed to the gunnels with wheels, tyres and other lovely stuff. That was the place, like someone's house in the village centre. Mind you the new place is still in the middle of nowhere LoL
  25. Have to say that Demon Tweeks in Wrexham - when I eventually found it! - was rather underwhelming I was a long time customer of theirs when they were in Tattenhall and that store was wonderful, like an Alladin's cave for petrolheads Been a couple of times now, maybe it's just me but it's only like a large Ripspeed at Halfrauds. Still might be different as a meet point for a gang of Zedders.
×
×
  • Create New...