Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. Michelin made a good point about the current tyres, with the current cost saving tactics, how can forcing people to trash tyres be seen as effective? It's also so wasteful and not in mind with the current thesis of trying to make F1 as green as possible, they said that if Michelin was to make the F1 tyres again, they would want to use it as an exercise of "look how good our tyres are at lasting under such extreme forces" which would be great! I want them back haha!
  2. So it's all been planned now, the meeting point is now on the M40 at Beaconsfield services at 8AM on the 21st December. All details should be up to date on the Facebook group
  3. You've just splashed out on 20's but aren't willing to buy new tyres? Buying used tyres is a bit risky, I use scraps for drifting so don't think I'm trying to get all high and mighty. You need to remember that every tyre has come off a car for a reason, it may be that someone had a puncture so replaced all 4, but where is the 4th going to come from? If you're going to mix and match you need to think about how you can tell if you've got a good tyre or not. A lot of partworn places get their tyres from Europe as their tread limit is higher that ours. So how long have these tyres been sat outside in rainy France? Have they gone brittle? How many heat cycles have they gone through? How many repairs will they have had? Doing that on a set is hard, but doing it on a minimum of 2 sets to try and match them up is even more difficult.
  4. Yeah my car I think some dark mesh would finish it off nicely, just so you can't see through it so much
  5. I've done it, looks ok although you can see the washer bottles behind from certain angles. Some black mesh would make it look better as it would make it so you couldn't see through it so much, there's fixing points you could use too. Edit: found some pics of it Seeing the bottle From distance Close from the front
  6. You mean that a shreddies box won't hold it? Awesome progress, it's looking like it's going to be every bit the beast you promised it would be.
  7. We have a winner! Horrifically beautiful
  8. Do this do this! I want it
  9. I have however looked at nova's/saxo's etc with the chopped down weird font ones and thought what a *****! There's a fine line between having a decent small plate and looking a knob. The only reason I have my midget one is because it covers the holes in the bumper perfectly, otherwise I wouldn't run one at all.
  10. Adaptive brightness lights wind me up, from a distance on a country road they blind you and as you get closer they dim down to an acceptable level.
  11. Seeing as it's a nova, probably not
  12. Favourite meme/gif ever
  13. Chevvy Nova! http://www.themurdernova.com/#!the-gallery/c1hlo
  14. Its cool, but it's still a nova
  15. You could have the wheels I should get my "Z Veteran" thingy changed to "Buys Wheels"
  16. Correct. All US models have TPMS. From 2003 through 2006 the tire pressures could be read on the trip computer display in the center gauge cluster. Beginning with the 2007 model year, the actual tire pressure display was removed and only the idiot light was available to advise the driver of any problem. That would be amazing fun drifting with that on. Watching the pressures go up and up until it reads "0" as they let go
  17. Having used tyres until they come off the rim, I can say it certainly isn't on the first generation
  18. somewhere like this: http://www.platesforcars.co.uk/designer.php?gclid=CJj10-XX5roCFYbLtAodHXwAZQ
  19. Love capri's, a friend of mine has put an SR20DET into a Capri Mk2! Sound's like your dream car. edit: fixing bad English.
  20. Not real carbon interior either, it's that hydro-graphic stuff
  21. Do you want mine, I have a set, 2 owners from new, cleaned every time plus half empty bottle of lube thrown in. Jheeze
  22. See you Saturday! You got me I just park up and look pretty
  23. How's this for small? I find they're more lenient with front than rear plates. I also make sure everything else on the car is legit and I have a full sizer in the car ready to stick on just in case. I'm always very sorry too and when the officer asks why I have such a small plate I say "because I'm an idiot". Honesty always goes down well.
  24. Do the yellow one!
×
×
  • Create New...