Decided to carry out a little more to the bay this weekend which included the addition of colour coded nuts/washers for the engine cover courtesy of Pro-Bolt, braided hose-sleeves with anodised finishers, hose clamps and carbon bonnet lifters thanks to 14N. Minor additions that help to reinforce the colour scheme.
I started by measuring the circumference all of desired hoses and then calculating the diameters of each based on those figures. Each braided sleeve came in 1m lengths which enabled me to cover a few OEM hoses. Pretty simple really; measure them up, cut through using a junior hacksaw and tidied up afterwards using insulation tape and hose finishers.
I knew these would come in handy one day; bought from Almeida a while back.
Cocked up refitting this one. It was left off the car for a while as I didnt have a large enough finishers, after receiving the correct jubilee clip I decided to fit it around the wrong way! This became apparent after trying to press the brake pedal . Quick phone call to the old man and I discovered that it has a one way valve .
I also noticed that the engine cover was warping and after close inspection I decided that something was stuck beneath it. Turned out to be the new bolt kit siting proud, therefore I removed the four that were concealed by the engine cover and re-installed the Horsham bolts as they sat lower allowing me to relocate the extra four around the engine bay. Win win.
Hose clips fitted to regiment its position, bonnet stay removed as it is now surplus to requirements and fixing covered using a left over bolt and washer;
Managed to fit the bonnet lifters with ease thanks to CS2000's fool proof write up and 14N's tips. It was a bit of a squeeze refitting the red battery/brake fluid surrounds, but managed it. Nice addition, found myself repeatedly opening and closing the bonnet and watching it slowly lift......witchcraft
Next on the list;
Grey Samco Hose Kit
Weapon R Coolant reservoir
Catch Can??
I am also going to try and twist my old man's arm into helping me fit the Akebono's that have been sat gathering dust for the last six months or so.