And Seat differ from the Land Rover or Mitsubishi examples I already quoted how exactly?
The grey area (if I'm right, which I admit is in doubt) is the definition of "suitable space", or more accurately the lack thereof.
Because as you stated land rovers and evo have square plate holders so its allowed, Leon cupra r didn't and still don't yet Seat Dealers including the one im from Put square plates on them from new even tho the bumper is fit for normal EU rectangle plates, Im quite sure DVLA would have looked into it it was illegal and seat let 20-30,000 cars out on the road with illegal plates
http://www.ebay.co.u.....e<br /><br />:
http://www.ebay.co.u...<br /><br />
And for proof normal plates fit
http://www.ebay.co.u.....<br /><br />There are hundreds of Leons and ibiza with square plates on uk roads sent out by Dealerships
And Technically a 12x6 or 13x7 plate is a rectangle