Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. It's actually not that bad. Tax is only £200 a year more, which if I had known better and had more money when I bought the Zed, I'd be paying anyway. Servicing is about 50% more than the zed and because of the miles I do, it won't be any more frequent, if anything, it'll be less often. MPG is lower also at an average of around 16ish compared to 20 in the 350. So all in all, it'll cost me around £500 a year more to tax and service which is certainly less overall when you take into account the £100 a month I spend modding the zed
  2. If I hadn't just stripped the car back to standard to sell, I'd 100% be having this Hope they sell well mate
  3. Cheapest 3 door in the UK is £35k
  4. Correct about the 10 years (well, up to 9 years and then you can't put it on the year after). It won't cost any more if you've had other servicing, but they might well insist that you have either a minor or major service (next due one, basically) done before they let you take it out. Some OPCs are more lenient than others. Break in warranty won't matter a jot. Mine had a break last year, and when I had the 111pt check done for the buyer I could've put a warranty straight on. Oh yeah, you'll need a 111pt check done too, at £180 +VAT. I got mine for £200 all in, but there's not much room for negotiation on those. The 911 is currently 9 years old, so they may not even cover it if there's less than 12 months before its 10? The BMW can be covered until 100k and it's currently on 56k so it'd take me 10 years to top the 100k
  5. But the M3 looks boring Ok, so about the same as the comprehensive BMW one then. I think I heard that they will only cover cars up to 10 years old at Porsche and also it costs more if there isn't OPC servicing and/or there has been a break in warranty?
  6. I have thought of an AMG, but the only ones available to me over here are C63's which have too many doors, CL63's which don't look special enough when compared to any other CL and a SL55 which at 11 years old is just too old for me. There is of course more choice on the mainland, but when I add costs of getting there and getting the car back, plus the possibility of the seller misrepresenting the car and it being @*!#, therefore wasting my money, it's just not worth the risk. I've got a few quotes for the BMW warranty and it's actually not that bad if I just wanted to insure the SMG and driveline at £58 and £75 for a sightly more inclusive cover and £90 for comprehensive. I wonder how much the Porsche warranty would be…
  7. Yup, I have a set of the aluminium kick plates, PM if interested
  8. You're not helping me NOT buy this thing!
  9. I thought about the warranties for both, but they're about £100 a month which I think is a bit much. I'd rather stick £100 a month in savings just in case and if the worst happens too early it'll have to go on the credit card. I know this is maybe a little irresponsible because the repair bill could be £5k+, but with only 2-3% failure rates, I think it's the smarter thing to do if you like a gamble lol Like you say, the M6 engine is amazing but the 911 chassis is phenomenal and I do spend most of the time just driving the Zed, not riding the ass off it. I'm also pretty sure i've never reaching the breaking point of the Zed, so either will be way beyond my talent as a driver, but the 911 has more "poserablity" IMO lol The M6 looks like a 6 series, I see a 6 series on the road and have to look at the rear end to find out which one because they all look the same, whereas the 911 is a 911, it doesn't matter if its a C2S, C2 or a C4S, it's still beautiful and awesome. ARGH!! Decisions decisions
  10. I haven't actually driven the 997 I'm looking at and it took quite a bit of will power to walk away from the M6 because of that. I can accept that the 911 is something that I need to drive to compare the 2 and hopefully I will be able to have a go this week at one, but the M6 is really THAT good, that I don't think the 911 will cut it. They are both about the same price, but the M6 is 3 years and 10k younger and in those 3 years the M6 has developed 4G to the 911's Edge. But it's still not a 911. This is possibly the hardest decision I have ever had to make I know I have to drive the 911, my mind tells me to stay away from the Bimmer until I know the competition, however, it really is such a good car that it's hard not to call them up in the morning to say "I'll take it!" Dan, you're not helping, you're basically telling me to buy whatever I like, I'll love it You're supposed to be the resident Porker and therefore should be forcing me to go drive the 911 because it'll be better that the shitty M6 whose SMG box is going ton explode and cost me my house etc etc etc
  11. Just back from test driving a 2008 with the 5.0 V10. Had to stop in ASDA in the way back for a few beer, it was that good. I'm not creative enough to write a big review of how awesome it is, but really, it's THAT awesome! The seats are amazing, the tech inside is awesome, the power and SMG box is out of this world. It makes the 350 look and feel like an Astra! Someone please talk me out of buying one instead of a 997 911 C2S! Ekona, please lol.
  12. KyleR

    350z or s2k

    Mine is 11 and is as clean as the day I bought it. W brace?
  13. KyleR

    350z or s2k

    10 year old zed with no rust?
  14. Finally got through on the website to upgrade from the 4S to 6. What a pain in the ass that was, I think I broke the refresh button!
  15. Its a pretty common issue, but most people know that and should expect to have to get it sorted afterwards.
  16. KyleR

    Genuine hks?

    I don't think its genuine either. Surely someone who coughs up £2k(?) for an exhaust would cough up for genuine LED tail lights too?
  17. KyleR

    M3 V8 E92

    This was on my list of maybes for my next car, however I want something I little more unique and special looking. They are awesome machines and I love the tech side of things inside. I wouldn't say never, just not what I want right now.
  18. Aww OK, shame, but at least we know now I'm actually surprised at that because I think he still supplies and fits air suspension
  19. Not bothered about the watch TBH. I also think the phone is too big at 4.7", should have proper image stabilisation in both handsets and I think it's a mistake getting rid of the 32GB rather than 16GB. Still gonna preorder one on Friday, though
  20. Teins would probably be fine as the drop is so subtle. You may not even need any adjustments at all. Personally i'd let it go a few days before getting the full geo just to be sure, especially if they're brand new.
  21. I'm et20 all round with 245/35 front and 275/35 rear and a drop of about 30mm. Click the link in my signature to see a few pics
  22. Try John on 07876394569 Thats a number from a few years ago, hopefully it's still relevant.
  23. You can probably push silly numbers out of a standard style exhaust, but that doesn't mean that with the same power mods that the true dual won't make better numbers.
×
×
  • Create New...