-
Posts
2,628 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by cs2000
-
Lol octet, I promise, everything is somewhere on its way to me. Somewhere between USA and here. Logically id expect them to turn up today or tomorrow don't worry wait is almost over! Aliensurfer, nope none. I provide you with four scotch lock connectors so you can connect the fly leads from the LED's into the sidelight wires, that's it
-
As said before, common thing, so far as I wouldn't even call it an issue.
-
Saw it too, no number plate visible though. Black GT I presume as it had rays, in waymouth was it not?
-
No problem, added you onto the list on pg1
-
Im pleased he's doing so well. Looking at twitter, he already added more boxes to this order once to keep up with demand
-
Yep. I dare say you could do it by just moving the wheel arch liners, but youd probably have no skin left on your hands afterwards! I include a guide for removal and fitting and tbh its really not that hard, total of about 12 bolts and a few plastic clips.
-
Yeah pretty sure the PNC will bring it up, however just spoke to an ex police man next to me at work, he said nowadays they have to justify any searches into the PNC.
-
Best of luck with it, someone will have it off of you, and if you happen to have your own garage or Zed shed, its a good car for the cash as its just cosmetic work.
-
Yeah, the Dr Beasleys plastic sealant is good to be fair. For that, ive been using turtle wax trim protector. Longevity of it seems to be a few weeks in my case, probably double the turtle wax. That Final finish is pretty expensive!
-
So far from my first bos, everything is good, but nothing has amazed me yet, I still like my megs stuff. The wax is pretty good but its a pain using a solid wax compared to a liquid one.
-
Well, from what I could tell (my pipes and bolts are incredibly rusty so...) The hard line has a nut attached to it, this is male, it goes inside the rubber brake line which is obviously female and then either goes direct into the caliper on the front, or into some kind of block on the rear. Either way, the brake lines on the car are male one end (caliper end) and female the other, a quick look at my kit at the weekend showed the brake lines in there were female one end and a banjo bolt on the other which should be fine. I did question it however as the lines have their own bolt, but there is already one on the car... As I say, my observations may be tripe as there was a lot of rust so couldn't cleanly see how the components went together. EDIT, then again, doing some searching online, other sites such as this http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan/2003_2008_350z/brakes/brake_lines/agency_power/agpw00183347.html show a set of lines that's the same, a nut one and with banjo bolt on the other. Also, have looked at several websites with regards of how to fit these and they all look the same or very similar to the Zed. in our case, that bracket is in the wheel arch, the braided line would raplace the rubber line shown in this photo and has its own bolt as this shows. It does look however that the hard line, and the rubber line both have bolts on them, I guess the idea being you hold the hard line steady with 1 spanner whilst tightening up the rubber or stainless line with another. The photo isn't a Zed, its a supra, but for the purposes of this its the same set-up.
-
haha, looking forward to mine next week, I ordered mine on may 1st so seems like a damn long time ago!
-
you will be able to get decent photos so im sure I will !
-
What issue did you have? I never got mine fitted, couldn't get the bolts un-done and was going to pay a garage...
-
hehe, I often make typos Im not dyslexic, but I think my fingers are... I look forward to seeing photos when they do get fitted
-
The reviews for the 453's are good considering their price point. Id go with them if you already have 452's, but 350Ad is correct really. im switching my rears from RE040's this weekend to 453's but I have RE050's on the front.
-
There are plenty of amazing free and of course paid add-one for Invisionboard (what this forum runs on) Ive installed many of them over the years. I have never used this particular version however but all previous versions of this that im aware of contained a profile field for Location. Whether you choose to display it or not is up to the administration settings. I do feel it would be useful though. Supersmashbros have been doing IPB mods for years, they do a shop mod which is free but it is a little old, http://code.google.com/p/ipb-ibmarket/ The best one I know of currently is called Classifieds, it costs $35.00 but seems pretty good http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4037-classifieds/ ofcourse, there is the official mod, IP.Nexus http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/nexus/
-
That's a pretty decent one, hence the price. I have two, one 6 inch one from 20-50nm and one longer one from 40-200 ish whoch is good for suspension parts and wheels A tool I never really needed, but always wanted, but you don't want to crack the plenum so id invest in one! also, spark plugs should be tightened to 19nm, so always good to have a low range torque wrench on hand for that job
-
I did this too, I just had some wheel arch damage on a old shed of a car so I just kicked it out, but the other party reported the accident as he has more damage. Took them a few weeks but I got a call saying "we've been informed you have been involved in an accident and you haven't reported it" I explained I had no substantial damage and I repaired it myself but they told me off for failing to report To be fair, it was my first ever accident and I didn't know.
-
The DVLA used to provide this if you showed them a good reason as to why you needed it, nowadays however I don't know
-
Finish on the roof looks good not a personal fan of the huuuuuuge drift wings, but each to their own
-
This is what I thought. I never did like Admiral due to their auto renewals thing. If you don't realise what the letter is you could end up paying a massive sum as their quotes are always horribly expensive at first, and because you haven't complained about it you have essentially agreed to pay... Give them a ring ASAP, the renewals letters arent sent recorded delivery so you could always say you never received it if you want out..
-
Yes the car may drive fine, but I count 5 panels that need replacing totally, drivers side wing, door and rear, passenger side door and rear and Im not sure about the bonnet as theres no photos so it could be 6. The cost of sourcing these from Nissan as a crash repair centre will have to do, they cant use cheaper parts, must be OEM would be several thousand, then theres the labour of stripping the panels from the car, painting and then refitting... To put it into perspective. On my Celica, I had a lady crash into me at 20MPH, she slightly warped the rear bumper around the rear lights. Because it could not be fixed, the crash centre got a new bumper from Toyota, painted and fitted it. Total bill for their services £970.00. The car was perhaps worth 2-3k absolute max so im lucky they didn't write that off. At a total guess using the info from my experience, that's somewhere between 4-6k of repairs and sadly the car isn't worth the 10-12k needed to make it viable to repair
-
Hate to say it mate, but id wave bye bye to that one. I've seen cars written off for MUCH less damage than that
-
Hence why I do this out of every tyre fitting ive ever had, you do get some weird looks from the fitters though! Ive got some Falken 453's to be fitted to the rear this weekend with RE050's on the front. Hope the car doesn't freak out on me. No way in hell am I taking the RE050's off when they have a good 5-6mm of tread left on them. Shame the rears are just starting to get to the wear indicator lump hence the change.