Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I do remember a website someone set up about 8 years ago dedicated to one scammer he kept going for something like 4 months. He got him to send pictures through, record voice messages onto mp3 files and everything...wish I could find it, it took about 30 minutes to read the whole thing but it was legendary. It ended up with him getting the scammer to send through a picture of himself in his village holding up a placard which the guy asked the scammer to write out. He said he wanted him to see evidence of his number plate which he said was 1D 10T so the scammer wrote it down held it up for all to see he was indeed an idiot That was the last post on the webpage.
  2. Warm water, car shampoo and a mit for me. Sealed it with GTechniq Wheel Armour which after a week of sitting on my Volks is doing a quite astounding job - very impressed.
  3. It sounds odd but bad drivers breed bad drivers. I am one of the calmest guys you will ever meet, been through so much in my relatively short time on this planet already to really worry about whether someone cuts me up or the like. But for some reason central london just has an overdose of people out to run others off the road. I am not a bad driver, or an aggressive one, but I became aggressive because of the amount of other aggressive/stupid people on the road. Didn't like what happened, and the incidents just keep happening. Whenever I am out of London its a great driving experience, the second I pull off the A3 into Roehampton people are driving to within inches of me, cutting up, abusing and all sorts. Even at the weekend I had some old guy in a crap Rover who at a point when two lanes become one I was on the left he was on the right and I was pretty much a cars length ahead put on my right indicator to indicate that the road narrowed and I intended to pull across a bit in front of him. Edged over slowly all the time making clear indications that the road narrows to one lane and we need to filter together he suddenly roars up beside me, his right wheels now crossing the middle line so he is partially on the otherside of the road and his car literally an inch away from mine, but he is still only about half up on me and still trying to force me to go across into the pavement. In the end I am in front on one lane and he is abusing me and shaking his head behind me. I have noticed an increase in this happening since I had the 350z, the same happened when I had the black Scirocco - funnily when in a bog standard Astra it didnt happen half as much...its as if people see it as a challenge depending on what car you are in.
  4. We found a place to rent in Windsor, moving in one months time. Going to just rent there for a bit, make sure we like the area etc, then once we sell our other place in north london (anyone want a flat in north london whetstone?!) we will look to buy. Bye bye zone two...!
  5. The best and fastest colour
  6. I would never pay for a boxing match now, just nothing really worth watching...
  7. We made it to the top of the Cars section on Wordpress...great stuff! http://news.wordpress.com/category/cars/
  8. Not watched much UFC, but boxing can be entertaining depending on who you watch. I still remember being utterly in awe watching the Eubank vs. Benn fights...around that time there were a lot of great middleweights. Tyson was utterly brilliant, I remember seeing him for the first time against Trevor Berbick on TV and just couldnt believe the speed and power. We seem to just see the little guy always backing away from the big guy nowadays in boxing, Tyson just went after the big guys and brutalised them.
  9. Good thread...I am planning a couple of Euro jaunts. With the missus to a few cities in Belgium. Then off to a stag do in Munich in the Zed with a mate riding shotgun!
  10. I stayed on Koh Samui, for about four quid (well this was about 8 years ago!) you can get on a speed boat across to Koh Pang An, you get a little wrist band which you then produce when the boat rocks back up at about 5am or 6am - mind you you have to wade out to your chest in water to get back on the boat I remember drinking mini buckets of some fire water mixed with sprite through straws and spending about two hours laying on my back on the beach watching the world go by...truly tremendous event. If you want a sneaky cool relatively unheard of place to totally relax kick back afterwards and you got the motivation to get across Thaliand, I recommend Hat Railey, its fantastic and have been there twice now.
  11. Good work with the sticker!
  12. I don't think so but don't quote me on it...taking mine in Monday till Weds.
  13. Thats hilarious, its gotta be a wind up though, he is all over the place!
  14. Plato is certainly up there on the hit list...hope we will get something out of him on that front And the Z got a suitably good review on our blog, not sure we will get an interview with Clarkson given my remarks though!
  15. Not quite Surrey but could try RT Performance, they are in Kew SW London, Taras who works there owns a 350z and they are traders on here...got a good price to paint my rear bumper going in next week...
  16. Well we are fans of the BTCC so may chase a few guys on that...I tell you, this time next year Lewis Hamilton will want to be on it
  17. I suspect we would have gotten a lack of response Nice guy though, he didn't have to do it. Might try stalking some more motoring celebs and do the same...
  18. Not too sure any pension contributions would have gone into a fund, they would have been used to pay the pensions of those people who were retired at the time. That's the problem - the money isn't accumulated and allowed to grow, it's used to pay the pensions of those already retired. That's why there isn't enough in the pot now to pay those who are retiring imminently and we have billions of pounds of shortfall. The payouts are greater than the income and that difference is growing all the time. That's why something needs to be done. I still don't get how people can't realise that the money has to come from somewhere - the outgoing pensions payments far exceeds that coming in and the situation is going to get a whole lot worse - where do people expect the money to come from +1 Crux. Matter. Of.
  19. I think so, no points. My mate did this, he said it was a real eye opener, affected him quite strongly, he has changed his driving style to some degree because of it.
  20. You only have to scout the news channels for ten minutes to see the issues... Healthcare, elderly should be paying less and government paying more. Regardless of the political argument, its all about 'paying more', the comment from the committee is that 'its only a small percentage increase'. We hear there same from many quarters, education bemoan cuts and more emphasis on the student paying. Again not debating the political issues its about the individual paying as little as possible and the government footing the bill and it shouldnt be a problem as 'its only a small percentage of the deficit'. All these arguments are coming from the ground up which avoid talking about the bigger picture. Their 'small little bits' add together with all the other 'we wants' into a huge ask from a government with nothing to spend.
  21. Wow...up to 7 pages I think the original post was that do we support striking? I think as the majority here are in private sector it was a no brainer that we would be against it. If you sign up to a union then of course you will be for it, otherwise whats the point. Whats interesting is the level of understanding we have. It seems that a lot of the supporters of strikers on here have not quite grasped the actual proposal on the table. Not through their own lack of ability to understand but because of the message cleverly put out by the media and especially whats 'placed' in the media by Labour press. I would suggest the 40% that actually decided to participate in the ballot to vote for strikes were quite unaware of the full proposal and the details that would have not put the proposal into such a dark light were deliberately ommited by union leaders.
  22. Not sure if I am going to get into trouble with this but myself and a mate of mine have set up a blog for fun about motoring and write all sorts of random stuff on it. We managed to get tweeting with Tiff Needell the other day, he agreed to answer a few questions from us and have posted on our blog, if you fancy killing a couple of minutes have a read...nice that the small guys can get this sort of stuff as well as the likes of Sky or the like http://clippingtheapex.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/the-tiff-needell-five-question-interview/
  23. Well, three days in and 200 miles covered, wheels are dust free and looking very shiny, very happy with my C5 so far! Some of the grime is starting to reappear on the inside of the wheels that didnt have the C5 on it. (before any of the eagle eyed among you say, I am aware there is a bolt missing on the rim)
  24. For some reason I have in my head £300 for a P3, must have read it somewhere on here do a search...
  25. Actually I am with Dave on this one...350z looks miles better...
×
×
  • Create New...