Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I think a small minority still think teachers only work x amount of weeks a year. Most people I know are intelligent to know they have to prepare stuff outside of working hours, but then again its the same for everyone, I work more than my 7.2 hours every single day without pay for that extra time but it comes with the life and times of living in the UK.
  2. It was Aristotle I think that said something like "It takes an educated mind to entertain another idea even if you do not accept it" ...but hey, question was, do you support striking. I don't, especially in hard times like this. I don't think the government is just 'picking' on any particular group of people or doing this out of malice, its purely cost cutting which has to happen somewhere. It does seem a little crap that pension age goes up, costs go up etc so there is ground for debate, but it should be debate not striking. Am having a good old read up on this now...
  3. Look what you have gone and done Rich...I know a few forums ban political discussion!
  4. Actually a really good comment...although I still find striking too extreme...sure you are not part French Vik?
  5. I am somewhat against striking, I am umming and urring about the principle for which they are striking but striking is not the way to resolve anything. It hurts private sector workers directly in various forms. Although you get the 'standing up for your rights' argument if you flipped it and took an extreme example of the private sector striking and the government then saying to the public sector to cough up time and money to cover the strike by the private sector then I am sure the whole ethos from them about standing up for this and that would be straight out the window. As for pensions, my own view, anyone with any sense knows pensions are defunkt, the days of a government looking after people in old age has long since gone, and I am not sure if anyone had noticed it but the country is flat broke, I am not sure where this money is meant to magically appear from? Maybe we just borrow it...
  6. Twin Superchargers...yeeee haaaa!
  7. Careful though, just refurbed my seats and took 20k miles off em But yeah look for wear and tear etc - still not quite sure how your car switched from km to miles to km then back to miles, in any case get a good mechanic to give it a once over make sure the car is mechanically and structurally sound then go out and enjoy it - for £5k you wont get a much better sports car!
  8. I didnt realise, never seen a 370z key before - d'oh thought it was just some random shaped fob. Gutted, thought I had been really clever there as well...
  9. 3.5 3.7 No, that would be just stupid...
  10. It switched back to KM for a couple of years 2009 to 2010? That seems odd? I guess there is a reason it was £5k, there are some bargains around but on average you get what you pay for I suspect. For your own peace of mind maybe run it over to a local garage and get a mechanic to spend a couple of hours going over it?
  11. +1 looks like you have been had. Suspect its private? You could take it back and enter into debate, was the 'mileage' written on the receipt? If so you could have them legally I suspect?
  12. ...and me!
×
×
  • Create New...