-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
+1 for Ctek I got one off amazon in a sale. I went to a huge car showroom to look at a classic car for a member on here it had Ferraris Lambos etc. in there, all of them sat there with identical Cteks hooked up. If its good enough for a 458 then its good enough for me!
-
I did this back in 2001 i think it was...Kenya and Tanzania for 4 weeks on my own camping! When I get a chance will drop a proper note...although suspect things might have changed in that time!
-
Events, Drives & Shows - All Members Please Read
coldel replied to Stutopia's topic in Announcements
Please read the post by Stu properly. He clearly says where the reason for not attending is not urgent please inform the organiser. I would bet my last dollar not everyone who didn't show had a family emergency to attend, and in fact they didn't just didn't bother to show. So yes, his post is very relevant and it makes sense that persistent no-showers are deprioritised when it comes to limited number meets. -
BMW demand full payment from Youtuber
coldel replied to GranTurismoEra's topic in Off Topic Discussion
To be honest most grown ups when dealing with the purchase of a £70k car do read the Ts and Cs. The problem is LLF maturity is clearly lower than his actual age and saw £ signs on You Tube before he saw the Ts and Cs on the legal document he signed. I have read the arguments on here and my conclusion is: He is doing well on YT and fair play to him He seems an ok guy generally He is typical of blame mentality that is growing of a generation he is from and lack of accountability He is immature for his age and unable to put his hand up and accept blame He is clever in positioning his video as an 'education piece' when in fact it was a rant looking for sympathy He is either clever or utterly dumb if he thinks the majority of his readership need educating on reading Ts and Cs of big financial agreements -
I presume you can look up the chemical make up of the product and see if it matches anything else on the market? As above, videos on the internet are not proof, they simply show what someone has decided to show we have no idea what influences are going on behind the scenes.
-
Events, Drives & Shows - All Members Please Read
coldel replied to Stutopia's topic in Announcements
I organised a meet at a Ferrari showroom with limited spaces, had a reserve list and because it rained 8 out of 20 didn't show up. I didn't have time to contact the reserve list and I was left apologising profusely to the regional marketing manager for Ferrari who had come along on her day off to show us around. This was hugely embarrassing for me personally and for the club and we shouldn't be putting volunteers who dedicate time and effort into these things in this position. In terms of moving this forwards I would suggest that we have a set of standard rules posted up alongside each limited number meet - copy paste something like the below on the first post: "The meet is on a first come first serve basis, please add your name to the list. If you have 2 no show strikes against your name you can still add your name to the list but if the number of attendees goes over the maximum limit you will be put on reserve." The list can be maintained by the mods behind the scenes and anyone on the 2 strikes list can come off it by attending a meet - appreciate that its harder as they will be more often on the reserve list but that's the penalty for twice missing meets and wasting peoples time. -
BMW demand full payment from Youtuber
coldel replied to GranTurismoEra's topic in Off Topic Discussion
There is a follow up video now live, he says in it he got a grand for the video (although how much he declares then to the tax man...) -
BMW demand full payment from Youtuber
coldel replied to GranTurismoEra's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I am sure he is a sound lad, I am sure lots of people like his videos but that is nothing to do with this thread. It doesn't take away from the fact that he is clearly 100% in the wrong if the Ts and Cs of borrowing the money to buy the car state that until he has paid his debt he cannot modify the vehicle. What is he documenting? The obvious possibly? If all his watchers need to be educated on the importance of reading the Ts and Cs when borrowing thousands of pounds then they are clearly in the bottom 5% of the intelligence pool of the human race. -
BMW demand full payment from Youtuber
coldel replied to GranTurismoEra's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I don't feel for him at all. He is a grown up adult. He is throwing a lot of money at a big ticket item. He makes no effort to read and understand what he is getting into. He starts the video saying he is not complaining then spends half of it complaining, pathetic. Take responsibility for your own lack of due diligence, stick your hand up and say I messed up. He isn't doing that he pretends at the start then goes into whinge-mode, a thinly veiled video at attempting to pass the blame when 100% of it is his. Pathetic. -
Just back from them pub. Wax fending off the rain as best it can!
-
-
Yes the Toyota engines often have Yamaha written on bits like cam belt covers etc if you look closely enough!
-
BMW demand full payment from Youtuber
coldel replied to GranTurismoEra's topic in Off Topic Discussion
No one is denying other segments of society are perfect, but then again we arent talking about those other segments, or those other issues. We are talking about this particular generation and these particular traits. And you cannot deny that technology, the required need to be seen often by complete strangers on the internet, as being successful be it from acquiring material goods, to showing that you can still cook a dinner on facebook. It's all about front, face, to be seen in a certain light and it's never been more prevalent - and moreso in this segment of society - thanks to social media and the internet. -
As far as I know it was Clarkson's usual inaccurate facts about cars - VQ range was first designed by Nissan in 1994 and has been tinkered with and placed in many cars since.
-
...and remember, 344bhp on one dyno could easily read 334bhp on another the science isn't surgical on them! Again which is why pre to post is much more important.
-
BMW demand full payment from Youtuber
coldel replied to GranTurismoEra's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Yep, like I say no quibbles with people that do this reasonably. And I am not boasting that I don't, I just never had the need to.This YT chap though is just borrowing hugely to effectively try and build clicks on his channel and show off. -
For me the pre to post graphs are much more insightful. 344bhp doesn't actually mean very much as you will 99% of the time never be using 344bhp nor does that tell you how fast the car will accelerate etc. Most important is the area under the curve, thats why you need to the pre to post graphs so you can see where your real world gains are made right across the rev range.
-
BMW demand full payment from Youtuber
coldel replied to GranTurismoEra's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I get that things have moved on - I am still yet to buy a car with any sort of finance, I always pay for them outright. But get that maybe people borrow a few grand to get a car again I have no problem with that. What this guy is doing is buying a car he doesn't need, its hugely excessive and clearly beyond his means, then complains when he breaks the contract and is called up on it. When you sign a contract, your responsibility is to read the contract, this is a given and has been since the dawn of time - there is no 'education' to be done here by the You Tuber. The only education to be done is that finance companies should not deal with morons like him. -
Down to £25 a month now, but will still shop around...
-
I will try stay with them, if they wont budge or get anywhere near the price of others I will simply move. I get they argue that the other prices are 'introduction prices' but hell I want to be rewarded for loyalty, not punished for it. We changed our broadband providor recently, we had BT, they whacked up our tariff to fifty odd quid from thirty, so we contacted them asked for a better price and was told £48 was the absolute cheapest they could do. So we signed up to Sky broad band, BT found out and contactd us offering it at £24 a month. We are now on Sky broad band!
-
BMW demand full payment from Youtuber
coldel replied to GranTurismoEra's topic in Off Topic Discussion
It's a case of the 'i want this now and dont care how because I want to be seen on the internet' attitude with a large dose of irresponsible behaviour not becoming of an adult making a good decision. Sure I wouldnt read the small print of the £30 chinese go pro copy I bought off ebay but damn sure I know what I am getting into if taking on a 5 figure financial liability. What do I see? Someone typical of a generation that is desperately needy to be seen on social media as being successful, that needs constant 'likes' to justify their decisions, that clearly is ignorant of accepting responsibility when taking on responsibility and looks to pass the blame when clearly the blame lies clearly in one single place. Sympathy = zero. -
Yes all boxes ticked, last year it was £180 per year (split out and paid monthly) they sent a letter casually increasing that to monthly payments of £36 a month, given I haven't actually had to use it in the last 12 months (aside from actually adding Euro cover for a week which I also didnt have to call upon) is just mental. Will call them and ask them why they think I should renew at that price, would they in my shoes?
-
Have jumped from AA to RAC and back a couple of times now for my breakdown cover, AA just sent me a renewal putting up my current premium from £180 per year to £390 per year (no claims made last year). What do most people do on here? Do you literally jump back and forth between suppliers or have you successfully got on to them and reduced it?
-
As long as it’s on the list posted list (looks like it was by matthewthain) which it is you are in. FYI for everyone wanting to come to be on this copy paste the list and add your username and number plate. Individuals who are not on the list won’t be allowed in.
-
Yeah saw this meme doing the rounds on FB - mental