-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Congrats and life will change, it will be immeasurably more fulfilling And in my experience, kids generally love sports cars, so you are off to a flyer already!
-
It's been 3 days, thats nothing. I found selling performance cars usually takes 2-5 weeks usually. List it on Gumtree, accept that you get a lot of time wasters but it is free. Copy paste the ad and only allow contact via email and have a copy paste response ready to the incoming queries. Put on other sites like motors.co.uk and carandclassic which are also free. Same rules apply as above be prepared to deal with spammers. ebay I have found to be pretty effective, I recently sold my Celica GT4 via Pistonheads. Autotrader is a bit of a waste of time for performance cars, I have never had a nibble from any ads on there.
-
-
PM if 'for sale' thread rejected ?
coldel replied to RobPhoboS's topic in Site Suggestions & Feedback
From experience it will be along the lines that mods are approving disproving these on their mobiles wedged between work and life commitments. To then have time to follow up with a description/discussion is sometimes not feasible, you will be surprised with how many issues around for sale ads have to be dealt with each week on top of all the other administration work they have to do that goes largely unseen by the community. This isn't aimed at you specifically Rob, the rules are very black and white, when creating an advert make sure you tick all the boxes on your before submitting and it will go through. If you feel it did, then PM a few mods with your advert, demonstrate it ticks all the boxes and I am sure one will try get back to you. -
Man up. I drive a VX220 around London no problem
-
I kind of wonder if the three of them spent a few months down the pub together before filming as they really get on well. It is a great start though and if they can work some changes into the format even better.
-
Yes I think Clarkson et al have hit the end, they do look terrible and their humour is out of date. Additionally they seem to lack any energy, they just lumber about slowly requiring a fork lift to get them in and out of sports cars. It's quite embarrassing now.
-
What time do you fire up the bbq Chris?
-
I agree the formula is still the same, but have given up expecting TG to be anything else, they aren't going to change it.
-
There is an instagram post of Clarkson May Hammond sat on bikes in some Asian city, I saw it and honestly thought they looked old and past it still trying to do something they were doing 20 years ago. It looked a bit sad really.
-
Watched the first 25 mins of last nights episode and honestly was in tears with the handling course. It was puerile stuff but for some reason entertaining. I do think McGuinness is a better on screen character than Flintoff you can tell the TV training makes a difference. Harris seems to be enjoying himself more too and is much less playing the small angry man character he has played previously.
-
Not sure if anyone has been watching but a good start - surprisingly good cohesion between the three, a few cringe-worthy moments but overall pretty good. The second episode of Flintoff and Harris shocking McGuinness had me literally in stitches. Loving the McLaren Ferrari reviews too - think I would prefer the Ferrari though.
-
On the drive up from London to Edinburgh the guys in the zeds were doing it on one tank. And there was some fun driving there too.
-
90% of the time I drive my cars in daylight!
-
If you go through Surrey pick us up we can convoy!
-
1. Keyser 2. andy James + Doris 3. Stephanie 4. buster and netti 5. Coldel
-
Looks a bit chavvy to me as a guy in his mid forties but it’s all personal preferences!
-
In terms of requirements, the Golf is longer than the 370z and just 1.5inches narrower, hardly satisfying requirement 1 really? Personally, I think OP needs to ditch the requirement for road presence as per the above. You are going for a compromise car so things like that which exist in cars at more extreme ends of the market you are not going to find on run of the mill wagons with a bit of beefing up on the suspension and engine.
-
GIven how light the seats are I am hoping for a cost around the £50 mark to get them posted back. He said he can take them up in the car next time he is in London.
-
Well the VX enjoyed her little run out down to Cobham services then around to Ace and back the other day with the Zeds, @Payco got a nice view of the performance of this mental car following me up there! Been doing a lot of phoning around and a lot of chatting about the interior but still not decided what to do - a chap who specialises in VX interiors is potentially going to do the work for me but he is in Stoke but visits London occasionally - not sure how much a box carrying two seats would cost to courier! Two seemingly small but important updates Finally got my custom carbon coolant tank cover - the coolant tanks on these cars are exposed to direct sunlight and as such the UV cracks them very quickly if left exposed. So it called for a custom carbon build! Fits perfectly over the tank and the pressure of the cap (which I sprayed a nice metallic blue using plastidip) holds it in place with no need for fixings. Second job was to clean back and seal the fabric roof, I noticed rain water not bouncing off it as well as I would like. So did some research and decided to give 303 Cleaner and Sealant a go @ilogikal1 to see how it performed. I had an old Autoglym kit sat in the cupboard but decided not to bother with it. Results are in the video below: https://youtu.be/NrmSxJ8umZU Excuse the ooooooooh its embarrassing but was surprised how well the run off went. I cleaned it all up last night around 7:30 then prepped it and put on the sealant - it had been curing over night in ambient temps for about 15 hours before I tried the water test. Was mightily please with it!
-
I presume you had a good chat with Darren at Ace. Good luck with the sale mate.
-
Yes Raab got bullied and probably why Johnson didn't appear as he is aligned to Raabs way of thinking, Johnson is from what I have seen very good at standing in front of the cameras and talking but his policy knowledge and debating skills are relatively poor (doesn't bode well when he has to face off against the EU so would suspect he would get in fillers to manage it).
-
Not sure its a complete waste of time, the next PMs job is not only to sort out Brexit but also to win the next GE, there is no harm in using the platform to start building support from the off. Historically, I find anyway, politicians have underestimated the power of platform speaking and debate and the latent long and short term impact it has. It is fundamentally how sharing a message started thousands of years ago. Johnson I think will be another shot in the arm for politics but will he succeed? Depends on what you term as success - if you want to alienate the country from some others and leave without a deal that's probably a nailed on success! Nice article here on the estimated profile of the party members voting in the next PM https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48395211
-
Well it seems Johnson has gone with the TM policy of skipping debates, whether it has equally disastrous consequences remains to be seen. I wonder how many Tory members were disappointed he didn't try and debate? Or was it a good move as we know he has little or no plan to try and push an exit deal through. So who do we think will get in? Bear in mind this is a vote on who will get in, not who will get the most MP's votes over the coming weeks which looks like it will be Johnson at the going rate.