Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. September coldel September coldel
  2. With this bad head cold thought I would work up a sweat with a hand polish of the Zed see if that shifted the cold...still got a cold, but now got a very shiny Zed
  3. Sorry mate couldn't resist, sat here with an evil head cold so needed cheering up. Next post in here will be 'facelift bonnet with the bulge £10'...a stick on bulge though
  4. No idea about the tyres, was referring to the wheels actually Saw a few posts on here recently from people wanting wheels for the cold weather...
  5. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-300zx-Skyline-GTR-Brembo-Brake-Caliper-Red-/180535960845?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a08c8250d All you need do is stick em on
  6. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nissan-350z-wheels-/270833276558?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3f0eebd68e
  7. Handy spare set http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350Z-WHEELS-18-tyres-/250910439156?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item3a6b6d76f4
  8. Stunning example...not often you get a black nismo for sale, I would have had that off you 6 months ago! GLWTS
  9. My closest garage is BP which I have used a fair bit but its super is 97 and its very expensive, not far from being on par with Shell - I am wondering if its worth hunting down a Shell or similar. I did google my closest Tesco as well yesterday...its about 2.5 miles away, is the supermarket fuel really that bad then?
  10. Or potentially wants to own
  11. And there is no known cure - only amputation prevents further zeditis
  12. Saw that you got no response yet so will have a go - I dont know my stuff on this but common sense would say change the seals first see what effect that has. The only way I can think of that would make the door bow outwards is an accident of some description - the door sticking out is in itself evidence I would have thought? Did you HPI check it? There might be a couple of members on here who could run one for you. I know that doesnt solve your problem but its worth your time finding out how the door got to this position I think. In the meantime compare up the door frame, hinges etc on the good door and see if all the angles look right.
  13. Just noticed I bust through 1500 posts in 6 1/2 months
  14. Then of course do you go for something like Shell SUL or Supermarket SUL...quite a difference in cost, can be up to 10p a litre difference
  15. Ive noticed the same sort of reactions to me when im sitting there in my zed. Dont think my number plate helps tho........ ? Crikey!
  16. I put in unleaded once, as Ekona said in an emergency when I was v low and the super pump was out - a good way to find an answer to your question is to fill up a few times on super and see what happens...
  17. Its that song from Slumdog Millionaire, the bollywood song, I think its called that - Becks loves it so I tend to stick it on for short journeys when she is in the Zed.
  18. Moreso what I felt people thought of me rather than what I know people thought of me...was picking up the wife from her Philosophy class last night, best place is to just park up in McDonalds car park as its across the road from the centre. A few other cars pulled up, I am sitting there, not eating food, engine ticking over, lights off, scruffy looking, hoody, mid thirties and just waiting there. A couple parked next to me and out the corner of my eye could see them eyeing me trying to figure it all out and talking about me (you just know when this is happening!) - if I were in a VW Polo I would just be labelled a chav I guess, but in the Zed I am thinking they were putting me down as: A drug dealer? A gang member? Some chav with the paperwork from a huge finance agreement stuffed in the glovebox? Someone who has very recently stolen a 350z? It must have come as a shock when my 5 month pregnant wife ambles across the road, I help her into the Zed taking her bags, give her a kiss and a hug and ask enthusiastically how her philosophy course was and we put 'Jai Ho' on the stereo and pull away
  19. I think this could be the beginning of a small club of recent owners 2k in 6 months, that is exclusive use - amazed how much difference some falkens with 8mm tread made compared to the bridges with 3mm tread had makes a huge difference and well worth switching them as soon as you can to get the most out of the Zed.
  20. I know, and paypal makes it even easier, i dont even have to get up and fish out my debit card I can pay almost immediately!
  21. Actually just noticed the seller, rarerims, they are on here as traders - you could always pop them a mail see if they got any used alloys they could sell you direct?
  22. Sure I saw some on there about 6 months back, went for just £700 in the end I think...but really don't know!
  23. Yeah its a photoshop effort. Although would like to see what it looks like if ordered
  24. Good stuff mate, I have to say I am a bit envious I didnt go for a roadster. When I drove Wills it was fantastic having the roof down, that said I can't imagine its going to be down much more for the next 6 months and in my opinion the coupe 'looks' better than the roadster with roof up. I also use mine daily, I imagine it does take away that 'weekend moment' but I still LOVE IT driving it every time. I have also clocked up 8k miles in my first 6 months. Got Dad to service the car, so saved on labour costs, £150 for what was effectively a P3 plus a fair bit more (changed pads, all 3 oils, belts, sparks checked and adjusted plenty of things outside the standard service schedule) and made a whopping difference to the drive.
  25. Yep get those tyres consistent as soon as you can, tyres react (so when losing traction, gaining it back, speed of break of traction etc) differently by brand so probably had something to do with the aquaplaning. I have driven in hard rain and havent had any problems, if a Ka wants to do 80mph in driving rain just let them, it isn't advisable in any road car really. TC can be frustrating and there are a few threads about it on here. My tuppence worth in summary is that there are the obvious safety aspects which is great and in any wet weather I always have it on. On the flip side it does come in too early, but what frustates me the most is that it takes too long to get the control back from it again as that light flashes away on the dash and the wheels stay motionless which in some circumstances can be quite dangerous with cars coming towards your stricken car. I guess its just an older spec TC system that isnt as good as more modern cars.
×
×
  • Create New...