-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Must admit was looking forwards to seeing what they looked like on. Whiteline are popular for ARBs on the Celica community and a must have for the GT4s. Never realised they did springs though.
-
Although appreciate you have already bought something else and booked in fitting!
-
I think you need to ignore the measurements and look at photos of the cars on the actual springs, Teins are widely regarded as a great drop and ride.
-
Grabbed a random pic off the internet of a 350z lowered on Tein S Tech springs on 19 inch wheels, looks perfect drop in my humble opinion
-
You could get tugged for doing 15mph in a 30 zone
-
Saw you reversing tentatively into a parking space just off the high street - did rumble by in the the VX but you looked very focused on not kerbing it!
-
I dont remember seeing anyone mention whiteline, plenty of good reviews for teins on here though. I would google 350z whiteline springs and read what comes up
-
Feedback is collated for them here
-
I never really got hostility but certainly if you think boy racers wanting to race you in a 350z is bad you haven't even lived! My white R33 Skyline with bodykit attracted them like maggots to a carcass! Funny enough my Celica GT4 didnt at all. The VX220 gets no bother as everyone thinks its a Ferrari
-
Any reason you are interested in them? Tried and tested routes are Tein and Eibach for a bigger drop.
-
Never had any problems when owning my zed, or my R33, VX220 etc. all been fine. Maybe move to a nicer area
-
Tarmac Sportz are in Derby and a trader on here (look in the pro trader section) about an hour from you by the looks of things @Tarmac@TarmacSportz @buster
-
Terrible really, the residents literally had minutes to grab what they could and leave and not allowed back. I can imagine their property prices are dirt cheap, which was the incentive to buy houses there.
-
Cheers Chris, enjoyed losing my Zed Shed II BBQ cherry. And @buster ...Arrack?
-
Forum Premier League Fantasy Football 2019/20
coldel replied to Stutopia's topic in Off Topic Discussion
It was all part of the game plan...82 points on the last weekend of the season -
Sure, if I can drive the GTR
-
Humpertron! Looking forwards to getting a full service done on the VX whilst I am there too!
-
Remember thats peak BHP which is a relatively useless measure. What you are aiming for is area under the curve increases across the range as a better measure of power increase, as well as removal of flat spots and a smoother drive.
-
Forum Premier League Fantasy Football 2019/20
coldel replied to Stutopia's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I do have a team set up in another league - is it the same league code? -
As above, many politicians do not come through on promises but at least behind those promises are a reasonable business plan to achieve them and usually external factors that ultimately prevent them from achieving them. Boris on the other hand just makes up stuff as he goes along with I suspect a Trump like view that when it doesn't actually happen because he has no plan he will simply use deflection politics to point at others.
-
Like I say mate, looking forwards to the 40% tax level moving, all these extra coppers, and the million other things he said he would do. Like I say, I wish I could find a career where repeated failure results in promotion - surely the Peter Principle has to apply to Boris at some point because he is way past his level.
-
Yes agreed on the Renault, my mate had one when I was at uni - for a small petrol engine it was lightning quick and probably a death trap but was still very quick!
-
The guy must have some nous about him, I mean he was an unmitigated failure in his previous roles and he got promoted. Only in politics! I am sure he is a smart guy, his bumbling persona seems to work with the general population, enough the membership I guess feel to get them through a GE. However I am sure we will see over the coming months the unraveling of all his punchy talk coming to a similar position as TM ended up in on Brexit.
-
Climate change , worlds gone mad. I blame the heat.
coldel replied to stanski's topic in Off Topic Discussion
haha Stu! Renewable energy certainly isn't free, it costs money and resource to build and wind turbines do fail and need repairing but that is the nature of machinery and not confined only to wind turbines. The lifetime costs of power production used to be heavily weighted towards traditional power generation but now renewables over their lifetimes cost less. I have to agree I would prefer my energy to come from renewable sources and in all honesty it makes absolute sense that as an island surrounded by windy seas that we make the most of it. Amazing how companies store electricity though, it isn't all in batteries - they use hydropumping stations so use the spare electricity to pump water to an uphill reservoir then when demand increases for power they release the water which runs down through the turbines creating electricity. Clever stuff. -
Climate change , worlds gone mad. I blame the heat.
coldel replied to stanski's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I have mixed views on this - I think we should all agree that waste was terrible ten years ago with plastic being buried in the ground and tonnes of it not even getting there and thrown out of car windows to make its way into ecosystems. We have improved on a number of issues around plastics but only scratching the surface really with pay for a bag and paper straws, hardly climate saving stuff that. My best mate runs a renewable energy company and his views are pretty compelling in terms of energy production, his company overproduces by some margin they have to spend just as much storing the stuff as they do producing it. In fact Scotland actually ran itself for something like a full day on just renewable energy recently so power production is really shifting. Then I also met an ecologist professor at a recent school kids party, she is vegan and throws big numbers around about fish stocks, methane etc. and just says we all need to go vegan and thats it - at least one person is realist and one is idealistic! The power argument is an interesting one, as production of renewable is 24 hours a day, basically if we shifted as much power usage to overnight (like only charging mobiles/tech at night instead of during the day) renewable would pretty much support it all.