Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. That's either one damn expensive exhaust or a damn cheap SC setup. It must be an Amuse. Have you seen the price of a basic Vortech setup You can pick up a basic Vortech kit for around £3K new from Assaultech Decent exhaust (Not cheap ebay tat/japscrap/scorpion etc.) £6-700 Decent Y-pipe £150 Set of Berks £400 Poopcharger £120 Your pretty much at £1500 straight away, add in a plenum spacer & your really not far away. £2800 for an additional 100 hp, or £1500 for an additional 15hp But then, what would I know about it 400hp is just about doable NA? Really? If I ever built another Z, I would love a high revving NA motor. But the cost of doing that far outways the cost of going FI. But you can add bits of the NA upgrades as you go along, spent near on a year pulling mine together. Yes could save for a SC but then I am lumbered with stock exhaust, intake and cats which make a crap noise. I would say £3k isnt touching it really on SC costs, what about install and remap with it? Not that I know but would have thought some parts of your Zed would need some upgrades to deal with an extra 100bhp? When I asked abbey about total cost of SC it was more than £3k...
  2. Polished headlights make a massive difference good work
  3. ...not condoning it at all either, just making the point that some people who post about road safety on here can often be seen hacking it along public roads, that's the only point I was making.
  4. ...because everyone else on this forum is a sensible driver who has never exceeded the speed limit or raced another car
  5. Damn it, another thing on the list...looks great
  6. I was thinking that, given that I got such a nice combo of centre caps and wheels nuts in red at the moment, red calipers would make it look perfect
  7. Was legal last year, wont pass an MOT now though, anything which restricts light is a fail
  8. I had Flyeye on the front also, looks great but does make for poor lighting! I put some on the rear indicator/fog clusters as well, makes the back end of the car look 100% better
  9. All so nice, all so out of my price range at the moment though
  10. Do your power gain mods before the remap HFC are high flow cats, the stock ones are restrictive so these will make the exhaust more free flowing, they also give the exhaust a louder more aggressive tone Doogyrev and Zugara changed my exhaust I have a stillen intake and did that myself Check with Ebized and Will370z for exhaust ideas on a 370
  11. ...there are also people, generally older and maybe more vulnerable , who are unaware of the principle of haggling down insurance prices who those insurance companies quite happily overcharge to make a bigger profit which is wrong. I would agree 99% of business involves haggling but a lot of that is through bulk order processing, relationship effects and various other reasons not much of it is for single purchase one off purchases which insurance pretty much is which is where this is different ekona - I challenge anyone for instance to walk into a car showroom, look at a car and then get the salesman to knock off 30%-40% within a couple of minutes...Im sorry but the way insurance works is not like a lot of business in that haggling sense, to me if they can offer insurance for 40% less after just a couple of minutes on the phone they are going in with extortionate rates in the first instance and quite literally ripping people off.
  12. coldel

    19" G35 Rays

    Love those wheels, a few members have them now, good purchase
  13. coldel

    Decent mats?

    Or trawl ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=350z+floor+mat&_sacat=0
  14. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350Z-BC-racing-coilovers-/180928643837
  15. I got a new exedy clutch kit and flywheel from Alex, drop him a PM he will price it up for you I am guessing but presume it slips in higher gears first as there is more power needed through the transmission in some way?
  16. Yeah clutch went, was 5th that went first
  17. When mine went it was the higher gears that went first
  18. He will be in Richmond Monday, if anyones around pop over!
  19. Only slightly better than this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meguiars-G220-v2-Dual-Action-Machine-Polisher-V2-G220-Car-Van-Bike-/160680001422
  20. ...absolutely incredible this, lucky they got away with it http://news.sky.com/story/962909/glacier-collapse-near-miss-for-tourist-boat
  21. Contact RS, Abbey and Horsham and give them your number plate they might have a record of it.
  22. Or do a trawl through ebay, not Nissan but air vent covers for instance http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-Fairlady-Nismo-bodykit-Aluminium-Vent-Trims-/130719760112 I tried these, pretty good quality as it happens
  23. Bought a Focus last year, great little car for practical stuff. Only thing we noticed was that the plastic seal at the bottom of the windscreen had gone, its like £45 for a new one or something but apparently very common. Worth checking.
  24. Yes Kyle, they will raise womens insurance, but by their rhetoric you cant discriminate on gender then why stop there? We should all be paying £5000 per year insurance regardless of age, location, car, job etc. The whole thing is a farce. ...and just to prove the point, a couple of online quotes and a phone call to Diamond and lo and behold their quote drops by over £200. Am I the only one that feels like insurance companies are just out to rip consumers off by massively overcharging and hoping to 'get away with it' by not being challenged. I mean we live in the UK, I am not in a Marrakech market haggling for a piece of tourist tat.
  25. Yeah sudocream I have discovered since my wife had a baby 5 months ago cures just about any skin ailment - amazing stuff!
×
×
  • Create New...