-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Any brand name stamped on them?
-
I lived in France for two years. I proposed to my wife when we visited the Loire valley. We were staying here...cannot recommend it enough to stay in for a night, very small town closeby called Usseau but stunning roads around it for driving and scenery. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1842188-d729445-Reviews-Chateau_de_la_Motte-Usseau_Vienne_Poitou_Charentes.html - it is utterly stunning place to stay, think we paid about 85 euros a night for the Knights room which is the big one in the turret. Lovely owners who used to run a top class restaurant in Canada, so make sure if you go to ask them if you can eat with them in the evening.
-
Came off my 2004 Coupe at around 50k miles, £50 collected or if you can arrange a courier happy to package up.
-
I have the original of course, but probably against the rules to change it out!
-
I actually didn't realise I submitted the one I edited, I have various versions all saved in the same place, thought I had sent the original, sorry chaps.
-
Not much difference between them really I would expect. I bought a cosworth one off Alex, worked fine.
-
Found this on google images...hmmmm not sure myself...
-
Playing devils advocate, for Wizard, the devil in this case. The Evo's do have lag the higher up the power spec range of cars you go. You have to make sure its dropped into lower gears to shift the bugger along, hence the gear shifting comments. The chef in the pub next door (White Horse, Wasso, you know, the place with cheap beer ) had an older Evo which was tuned up a fair bit and he hated it, took me for a spin in it and it seemed a bloody faff to drive. With a Zed you do get all that great lazy power. The Zed I found was disappointing when I first got it, but with the berks, exhaust etc and up rev became a whole different beast that felt very quick. Once the current crisis is sorted at the coldel household I plan on getting another toy. Would I get a four seater hatch, even though the Focus ST or Evo for instance is loads of fun and powerful? Not in a million years. I got a Focus, and its for ferrying the family around in. Two seats and a sports car look all the way for me
-
More camera suggestions, SLR, where to start?
coldel replied to glrnet's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I still got my trusty old 350D Canon, must be eight years old now and takes all the photos I post up on here, brilliant camera. The great thing is if you happen to go and live in Japan for a while (like I did) lenses for SLRs are half the price or less than they are here, I got this little beauty for just £120 over there http://slrhut.co.uk/product/ID374C11/google?gclid=CM-rhOWZ07MCFefMtAodlQMAnw. So if you know anyone going on hols to Japan, get your order in. -
It can also make the car more appealing to a certain type when it comes sale time, my plate read C5UPE which is easily read as Coupe, which the Zed is. Pretty sure that helped it get noticed on the for sale sites. Its a luxury yes, it is a recession yes, but there will always be people out there with plenty of money who like to buy this sort of thing.
-
Something to keep me sane
-
On the repeated thread issue...if the thread is asking opinion, then why not repeat it as new people will have the opportunity to add their own thoughts which might add something no one else has picked up on - be nice to have it on the same thread - but what the heck it really isn't a big deal. However, asking a question like 'What does a remap do' needs to go straight in the bin. That IS what search is for. As for the private plate, its like anything that is a styling issue, if you like it go for it, sod everyone else it's not their car. I'm sure if you walked around the cars and houses of the people saying private plates are naff you would find tonnes of naff stuff they have and own!
-
Mine came with C5UPE on it, as you say hides the age, I had lots of comments about my "new" car. I also think it gives the car a bit of identity aside from some random number.
-
Just a few odds and sods I come across 'Alternative' rear lights £40 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pair-of-350z-sonar-rear-lights-/170940122882 Standard front bumper 99p http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Gunmetal-Grey-Front-Bumper-/221152264155 Bashed up Nismo front bumper £130 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Front-Bumper-NISMO-/200844121648
-
I can vouch for the C5 wheel sealant, pricey but utterly awesome at protecting those precious alloys.
-
Yesterday, parked in the car park **** ZED, GM I believe.
-
Really surprised none turned up at all. Rub it in tomorrow, tell them you got your mate to turn up in his Ferrari 458 for them to try their skills out on but never mind eh... Highlights some of the diminishing responsibility we see from younger people nowadays, think that their actions have no consequences and don't care either if they do.
-
The wheel pointing thing I find really annoying. A range rover does it on our road, which yes is a hill so I know why he does it, but as you can barely fit one car down the middle having a foot worth of tyre sticking out makes getting past very difficult and on occasion impossible often causing havoc. In gear and a hefty tug on the hand brake is easily enough to keep most cars stationary, if the handbrake doesn't work then refer to one of Rich's points and get it sorted.
-
Glad its resolved, can be tricky as the back of the Zed is open and you can hear everything but hard to isolate the noise. Probably the arch liner, there are various bits of rubber and plastic that can move about as will discover if...when...you change the exhaust.
-
Dont be lazy and not use indicators, causes accidents Check lights work, get someone to make sure your brake lights are coming on Join a car forum for lots of useful info!
-
Possibly, I could think of better things to write in my first couple of posts on a forum...don't mess with the Riceman!
-
...and Rich isn't in the majority
-
I know Dblock, I guess the point was in his original post, that an Evo still looks like a four door saloon with a daft spoiler whereas a Zed looks like a sports car, which is what people want. Which is why I didn't see the point in the post? Yes there are some people that buy Zeds without test driving and are surprised by its lazy performance (but it is by all means not slow in the grand scheme of things) but the majority are ok with it.
-
Oh, VXT means VX Turbo, as shorthand, not VXR, what I had typed was correct. As there is also the VX NA version, which has a lot less performance, VXT tends to make it easier to reference.
-
Yeah I know Dave, not getting into that conversation now...silly boys talk