-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Many mixed views on this, as always! If the belief that 'its the most important thing on the car' were true then anyone running anything except a £5k big brake kit is seriously risking their life as their cheapy £500 discs are not good enough...I am not sure why we have as a collective decided that the premium offerings from traders are the be all and end all, there are much better brake sets out there for more money so why aren't you buying those? Of course there is going to be a difference in performance of some parts, are we talking 100 yards difference braking from your average speed of 14mph around london, of course not. What about other variables? What if one brake company runs with a bigger mark up on its products than another? Just because its £50 more expensive doesnt mean its had £50 worth of extra 'quality' spent on it. Go online, read the reviews on review sites of the many (and very rarely do the most expensive options come out top in any product category review) and make a call on it based on your budget.
-
Well I am 'assuming' its a beanbag! I have contemplated another option - they are only two doors down, if I went out into the back garden and gave it a decent enough throw...
-
...by the courier - who knocked yesterday and asked if we wanted to take in a neighbours parcel - which we did. Neighbour not back till Monday night so we got this in our house till then...
-
Happy birthday Colin! Have a good one!
-
A roadster, silver, nismo spoiler on the back in Silver I think it was, clockwise. Also, as I crossed onto the A3 from the M25 about 6ish, grey 07 plate coupe.
-
Another super thread...always worth a giggle at these cheers mate
-
...and exactly why you shouldn't let journo's near numbers I wonder what their sample size was for the conclusion on the colour turquoise by make and model was for instance? 3? A quick look on PH classifieds and out of 85,000 cars for sale 47 are turquoise before you even start to break that down by make, model and age. Good grief. I wonder how they took account for the variations in spec? Condition?
-
It is actually rubber. So when you feel it, it feels like rubber, not sure I would want my car to feel like rubber. Or does the metalising as well as change the look change the feel as well?
-
I played around with black, and it looked crap, really it did. Squint from a distance and its ok, close up, its crap. Appreciate the price savings and effort put in on the blue one, but it really looked cheap. I am not an expert but it seems you can 'shine' up plastidip but I like to spend time polishing a car and getting it shining, plastidip takes that away from you. Would you need to declare it to the DVLA? LIke you dont have to with the vinyl wraps?
-
And theres your problem. Norton is well known for killing computers. Even a top spec one will run like a dead dog after putting that on. Id uninstall that and just use windows security essentials or something like that. Cheers mate will pass that on to them.
-
Yep! Stunning car, 4.5l, 8 cylinder monster...
-
Including a couple of attractions, Top Gear cars, OFAH and Bond - in no particular order...
-
Haha always a load of fake iphone movies on you tube - oh look iphone 5 had one of those keyboards as well...
-
Yeah they have installed a few bits of software on the PCs, being in their mid 60s I would like to think they are not visiting 'dodgy sites' where they might easily pick up viruses. They have Norton installed, but for some reason it is slow as hell. I imagine its also maintenance as well, installs on PCs scatter files all over the shop, on my Mac as far as I can tell it sits in a nice package and is easily managed. I have a 360gb hard drive, have loads of stuff installed, still have 200gb free
-
Trawled through my contract and it is there in the contract that we pay that exact amount...my own stupid fault. They have sent me one sheet through to sign, Im not signing it until they remove that clause or at least reduce to an amount that is not tantamount to taking the P1$$.
-
I have mailed back asking for the construction of the fee, people time, internal and external costs. Will have a nose through the current contract when I have more time...
-
I don't think Apple is missing your business, its quite funny how most people these days link Apple with iPhone/iPods, when actually Apple as a company has spent most of their existence making COMPUTERS.... My dad had a Mac Plus back in the 1980s (it had a 4MB ram upgrade so it meant you could run programs off a RAM disk...essentially like a SSD which is now all the rage, but this was back in 1980's, and because of the MacOS is so easy to use a 9 year old could set it up ). He also bought the original iMac (1998), it came without a floppy disc drive, and had a new fangled thing called a USB port....who would thought that would catch on . Personally I liked it when Apple wasn't popular and was seen as the alternative choice, these days everyone seem to have an Apple phone/laptop. The computer that I do most of my work stuff on is a MacPro from 2006!! I've just managed to get the latest version MacOS 10.8 installed on it, and it runs great (PhotoShop, Office, Flash, and the occasional StarCraft 2 session). I bet there's not many PCs around from 2006 running the most up-to-date version of windows . I have a 5 year old macbook pro, still flies along, my parents who only use PCs for internet, email and a bit of accounting are onto their second PC and even that is falling over a bit now. Have to say as a functional workstation the macs are more expensive but they are decent machines. And as you said, I bought the computer and based on that bought the phone, I guess it would be the other way around for most people now...
-
Its Savills, and the landlord has just stuck a rent increase on it. So May when we renew it will in effect cost us an extra £200. I think everyone knows a lot of letting agent fees are just for beer tokens and a rip off, I guess I just wanted to know if its worth my while haggling.
-
Been reading more on it, we have an assured shorthold tenancy, which in effect gives you little rights into the renewal fee. Although, its the same fee we paid for the initial set up so I will query it.
-
...just renewing our rent agreement, estate agent sends us extra documentation to sign (one page, our name and addresses on, signature at the bottom) and a fee of £120 for admin. I would suspect this is standard procedure for a new tenant given all the checks and contract preparation but to just prepare a bit of A4 with nothing but two peoples name and address on, £120? Really? Sounds like easy money to me i.e. a common industry rip off. I would like to know how this 'admin' has cost the agency £120. A quick google didnt turn up any solid results...
-
Well my iphone 4s is up for upgrade in a few months, wont go iphone 5, in fact quite likely to just stick with my iphone 4s until something absolutely worthwhile comes out. Absolutely nothing wrong with the 4s, decent build (1 year old tossing it about the living room most of the time), whizzes along nicely, makes calls (yes I still need that function more than most others!) decent keyboard etc. Woudl I move to an S4 for the attention grabbing headlines i.e. eye tracking - of course not. Its an innovation yes, do I really NEED IT, nope. in fact being a market researcher, the eye tracking is something I am excited about more in a sense of getting my surveys done via eye movement than answering traditional questions Just my opinion, but big phones look daft.
-
...and of course if you are Scottish then don't bother with Apple
-
You will always hear the same old arguments, Apple is not as good as the S3 etc, its all irrelevant really as you said in your opening post you make calls, text, occasional internet etc. Can the S3 make 'better phone calls' than the iPhone, of course not. In fact research shows that something like 90% of smart phone users use 20% or less of a phones functionality. Reviews online will always be for the phones full functions, which of course a tiny percentage of the population use. For me it comes down to whether you have an apple or non apple ecosystem. I have a mac, also an iPhone, so hell I bought Apple TV and it all works fantastically well together. Im not an Apple user that will say 'its better than Samsung' as for me its the whole package and I happen to drift in that direction. If however you have a PC at home with your music etc all wired up to work with Samsung's or the like then get a Samsung - really in the grand scheme of things, unless you are properly wanting to multi-task on phones and use them fully there really is jack all difference between them for your average user...
-
Yep, one of Jim's many legacy's As I remember rightly, the ad mentioned "Drawn with quality crayons" as its main selling point.
-
...Rebecca giving the house a bit of a sort out, and found this...so back up on the wall, sort of.