Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Its fine, most cars do this, unfortunately the answer is take it for a 5 minute drive and it will clear all the rust off - although that really is no biggie to do and surely is a good excuse to go for a
  2. Paul Walkers R34 for sale...http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/nissan-skyline-orig-fast-furious-gt-r34-driven-by-paul-walker-ismaning/172444341.html
  3. Or just a typo by someone hitting the mulled wine a bit early in december
  4. I am looking at buying a few modified cars at the moment, I literally send the for sale ad to them and let them get on with it - as Dan said, a few times, costs will vary - adding a miltek and sports cats to my Zed with Admiral cost £18, but then again I am nearly 40 living in a safe post code whilst putting 4000 miles on the car a year - would it cost a 21 year old £18 with a different insurer to do the same, who knows!
  5. Stunning, loving that, and I am not a fan of matte black...but grey really works!
  6. coldel

    Next car?

    Little bit too common for my liking, like something a bit different that stands out from the crowd. Would have considered a Mk1 Focus RS but prices are rocketing!
  7. I don't think dealers HAVE to give a warranty do they? I know on DCY Europes site they only give a 3 month warranty on cars purchased for over £4.5k so there are additional requirements to it. Like I said, when I asked this Boys Toys what their warranty offer was I got blanked, if the OP hasn't got anything in writing, not sure what he can do to enforce it?
  8. A few people in modified cars have mentioned a company called A Plan to me, worth a go?
  9. I just called them and when I asked why the background was the same and in the same location they got all funny with me!! its definitely them as I recognised the voice on the phone. The guy on the phone said he had never herd of "paul brown cars" On the Supra thread, there is comments from the Paul Brown guy who claimed that 'our account ballsed it up with companies house and we are listed as dissolved which we are sorting out' which was a year ago...
  10. Ah Boys Toys Specialist Cars, I mailed them inquiring about a car the other day (last weds I think?) and it took 3 days for them to come back with a one word answer, all in lower case, without even saying hello. I followed up with a question about 'warranties' which has been ignored.
  11. Yes I noticed the other day Paul Browns website had disappeared...doesn't bode well. I did a bit of nosing around and found some very unsavoury threads amongst some Supra owners about them... http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?275173
  12. Some good wrapping skills there...just the right time of year to brush up on those skills as well
  13. coldel

    Next car?

    As you say, every petrolhead should own an Elise in their time, same goes for an Aston
  14. Exactly this. As for security of transfer, once that money has shown up as in my account, its mine, be it via online transfer or cash. If someone pays you in cash, before you even let the car go you would go down to the bank and pay it in, whats the difference?
  15. My point is, that why would a seller knock back 10k for a 12k car if done by online, then take 10k cash? I would be surprised if more than 1% of sellers in the position would do that.
  16. Hmmmmm, I think most people are capable enough to understand money on the table is the same as money on a digital transfer in this day and age. Yes it might be a bit 'cool' to turn up brown paper bag in hand, but why should I go weak at the knees if someone turns up with 10k in notes (which might or might not be real) when I have just turned down 10k via digital transfer from someone else?
  17. I would have thought cash was king 10 years ago, but not anymore, surely? Unless you are a dealer looking for a tax fiddle? Whats the difference to me plonking my phone on someones table with the amount set up and ready to go with the tap of a button and its in your account in 2 minutes?
  18. coldel

    Next car?

    It would be an appreciating classic
  19. All I know is that Richbrook will loose half its revenues...
  20. Thanks guys... Yes I did laugh when I realised I put version 5, although if that were true I would be on V3421 or something if I added up all the other 'doh!' moments I have had with cars...!
  21. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25223631 Although they will charge you more for it...well that seems fair.
  22. Does he have to pay? I have the V62 in front of me here and under section 4. Fee it says 'I do not enclose a fee because I am the new keeper and I have enclosed the V5C/2. That reads to me he doesnt (although of course I will pay if necessary!)
  23. Yeah will give them a call in the morning. Nightmare!
  24. What if I have sold the car, am no longer insured and the buyer now has the MoT certificates etc?
  25. OK, so I sold the VX, filled out the V5, popped it into an envelope whacked a stamp and the DVLA address on it and intended to post on the way to work. Of course I forgot, so no problem post it somewhere on the way back. Stuck it in my inside coat pocket, left the office, walked over Waterloo bridge as per normal, get on the train, unzip my coat...no envelope. So, its gone, somewhere between my desk at the office on the Embankment and halfway along platform 16 of Waterloo station. Options: 1. Retrace steps, never know it might be sat there, weirder things have happened 2. Check at reception to see if anyone has handed it in 3. Hope some kind soul has found it and posted it Either way, I think I need to take some steps as my odds of the three above coming off are pretty slim. What do I do? Is there a replacement form?
×
×
  • Create New...