Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Depends what you class as practical - I had one when it was just me and Becks and was more than practical enough for our needs. If we had Alfie at that time and he was a baby with all the stuff that comes with it, the classification of what I would term practical changes quite drastically!
  2. Nooooo!
  3. ...crazy?
  4. As much as I appreciate the numbers, BMWs are just not cars I would look back at once I park up, get out, lock and walk away...
  5. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Skyline-350GT-/131377268623
  6. Chirag dropped you a PM mate Jim "that's London prices baby!"
  7. Cheers Thanks guys, actually realised just now I didn't even stick a price on it so here you go £199,950 Oh and no chain on this one, we live in a different house and the tenants are moving out.
  8. Decided to put our property in north London up for sale - current long term rental tenets (been in there 7 years) moving out in Feb so decided to sell it rather than try rent out again. PM me if you or someone you know is looking and can supply details...in short though its: One bedroom flat in Whetstone N20 10 mins walk to tube and overground connections Own rear garden Own garage ...admin, will leave it to you guys to work out if this is ok as I am not near the flat so cannot do the photo/username!
  9. Ha the supersprint exhaust thread is brilliant - how did I miss that nugget of entertainment!
  10. ...and spreading fertilizer
  11. Try getting a modified R33 mate, every Fiesta ST and their dog wanted to race me. When I had the VX no one batted an eyelid (Although probably because they couldn't see me in their mirrors!).
  12. Correct in most instances but what about pro drag racing? They are unbelievably skilled, it's not a case of just putting your foot down. Anyone they thinks so is clueless. It is a good point, you need fast cars for straight lines, but it gets to a point where you need a very good driver to drive fast in a straight line! Hammond+Drag Car= ....
  13. Saw this post earlier minutes after it appeared, smiled to myself given the 'epic threads' thing that came up just today absolutely prime for it.
  14. Noooo, not ALL BMW, Audi, Horse and Cycle owners - but most
  15. Surely not, doesn't sound like me at all! I remember when the guy was ranting at me I actually decided not to reply and just wait and see what happened, I wondered if the 350z community was a strong as I thought it was, and you duly obliged with a quite emphatic answer in the positive!
  16. Yes! Funny one that, we had to all guess what it was or something and then up popped a beige SC Jetta - I think the conversation then went on about BHP to weight ratio etc - watching too much Fast and Furious me thinks!
  17. I remember when I bought the VX220 I put it up on here as ex-zed owners tend to and got a barrel full from some newbie telling me to get off this board and telling me how slow my car was...it was proper full on chav ranting...I think Dan then windmilled in with comments containing the words such as 'bell' and 'end' before most people then pointed out to the guy that it was in the 'Other cars' section of the forum. Not an epic by any means but in terms of making a plonker of yourself as a newbie was a decent effort!
  18. Super thread - surely there is a flip side to this, people that have sold Zeds that the forum just can't shake off...step forwards Dave (Yes I know I fall into said category also!)
  19. "Good things come to those who wait go out and work bloody hard for it" The ridiculousness of the comments on the other forum are mind boggling and bigoted. Hell lets join in with their way of looking at things, find out what car they own and label them... People Carriers are all driven by idiots who drive 1 yard off your rear bumper at any speed 4x4s are all driven by idiots who do not need an off road vehicle Small eco cars are all driven by idiots who cause traffic jams as we all wait 2 minutes for them to reach 10mph Estate cars are all driven by idiots who take up two parking spaces on roads ...and so on and so forth. They are just communists anyway by the sound of it, share the wealth, yeah that worked out well didn't it.
  20. Go drive it. I couldn't deal with the guilt if you just went for one and didn't like it!
  21. I took it as Red Head! Super car, great numbers, must be hard not to just stick your foot down regularly!
  22. My 1.4 'rocco was brilliant, great seats, nice interior, decent kit. The only mechanical problem I had was that the car developed a noise which can only be described as the sort of noise you would get if you "stuck a cartoon guinea pig under the throttle and pressed it just hard enough to make it squeak without hurting it" Apparently it is a design issue and you have to listen deliberately to hear it but by all accounts on the forum lots of owners experienced it. Otherwise quick car for a 1.4 litre, decent mpg if driven easy as well. You could always stick a sneaky map on it if you are feeling naughty and want some more horses...although the response is pretty sharp as is. In terms of mechanical issues, all cars have them, the ones on the 'rocco are relatively minor in comparison to lots of other cars from what I saw when I checked.
  23. You go on forums that are not about cars?!
  24. My mac fell over like this a couple of years back, I think it was a similar thing where it couldn't boot up. I took it to a local computer repair store and they took out the old drive, stuck a shell and USB connector on it and put in a new hard disc for me - I did have a time machine back up but also could recover files from the old disc drive that were not on the time machine.
×
×
  • Create New...