Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Assume you have checked out all the forums? What history does it have? Compression tested?
  2. Uber rare car, with the way prices are going on R33s if you are getting a good price on this you would make your tax payments back in a year.
  3. What are you importing? There are different rules if its manufactured in Europe vs Asia etc as far as I can remember...sure a quick google will answer all your questions
  4. Yes, and as Ireland is outside the UK it applies - so any of the duties you would typically pay on an import (look up GT Torque or other import sites for a list)
  5. Sure you do not have to pay import tax on it? Just like any import car to the UK? You would then need to get it registered and go through the IVA? If it was sold new in Ireland and had not been registered in the UK before then you are due import duty.
  6. Yes, £250 for my Polo, £900 to insure it!
  7. VW Polo longback something like this in lovely burgundy...(dont have actual photo) Paid £250 for it in 1993
  8. I think ownership of a 350z and having Alex up the road is probably the most ideal situation for any zed owner - I am astonished quite frankly that you didn't take up that offer to have a single person so hugely experienced with more knowledge of these cars than the sum total of the dealership staff ever, in total, over all the years they existed. As above, do not sit back and hope that a company that has its own interests at heart rather than yours (both Nissan and the dealership) are suddenly going to sort this out and pay you a wad of money back - its up to you to take action and take control of the situation again.
  9. In that case, I've no idea if and when ethanol is added at Stanlow. All refined gasoline will have to be approved by the lab before it leaves Stanlow. This is fairly straightforward if you are only supplying for one customer but if you are supplying 5 or 6 customers with different specifications it means extra storage, extra lab technicians and higher costs. It was industry standard when I worked there for U.K refineries to distribute exactly the same stuff to different petrol stations, it may have changed but I somehow doubt it. Pete Yeah, I'd like to see evidence of more ethanol. Like you say, if you want a specific recipe, the price goes up. There's no logic in Tesco asking for Shell petrol...with added anything, let alone ethanol. http://lmgtfy.com/?q...omentum ethanol Actually googling it brings up plenty of debate on forums from people citing 'their mate' who may or may not be an expert in the field, but no hard facts that I saw.
  10. If you re going to spend a fair whack on new tyres I would spend some time researching it. Even typing in 'best tyres 350z' on google would have returned a pretty comprehensive answer than typing in the post you put up?
  11. Ha, missed that! Was just surprised as I read down said it sounded good, never heard a bog standard Zed sound good...
  12. I think a spec list of the car as it stands would have helped
  13. You could always save fortunes on fuel for just a fiver...although note the disclaimer, what an utter joke, how can people be allowed to put this on ebay! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-High-Grade-2016-Version-Fuel-Saver-Cars-Vans-Lorries-Motor-Homes-/272042847721
  14. coldel

    GT-Four

    Might even take you up on this at some point, if I come armed with beer tokens
  15. coldel

    GT-Four

    Old rims are now on a subaru forrester in Woking!
  16. Three hundred quid
  17. coldel

    GT-Four

    Yes an EBC is definitely on the cards, although given my lack of any practical skills would need someone to install and set it up which would add up to a fair bit of cash and I have already put four figures on the car this month The wheels, well, it was hard, the seller really liked them so had to bite my tongue when buying. But clearly when buying a 20 year old car the structure comes first along with the suspension and engine as what has to be right - the wheels I could live with for a while till the right ones came along!
  18. coldel

    GT-Four

    Before and after these chrome sills were an option on the late JDM models only so very difficult to source (although there are a dirty set on eBay at the moment for £90)
  19. coldel

    GT-Four

    Only WRC models, which mine isn't. Although I have heard its a right bark to try and get all those bits up and running. Just received some limited edition chrome door sill covers in the post, those will be going on tomorrow. I really am buying into keeping this relatively standard but getting all the optional extras that were available sourced and installed, going to be the best one out there bar none
  20. Hello mate, sorry didn't respond on FB. Would like to help but would have to be in the new year. Sorting out school applications for Alfie, moving house in 10 days, new 'dual' job role of sales and operations means work is manic, Christmas around the corner and so on and so forth means spending time researching and writing a blog is a bit down the priority list at the moment unfortunately. Should be able to contribute a few bits in a couple of months though, maybe one piece entitled "Why Celica GT4s are better than 350zs" for a starter..?
  21. coldel

    GT-Four

    Actually happy with the power as is, its pretty quick, I don't want to exceed my skill limit which is pretty average! Did a little mod to the interior, about 8/10 happy with it, gone all red on the display only using an iPhone so it doesn't pick up the colour that well in the dark. Its not as obviously bright in the two central points as the photo makes out.
  22. What's everyone been up to!
  23. coldel

    GT-Four

    I might just keep the top mounted intercooler and lag it, appreciate the FMIC is best option but I do want to keep this one at least somewhat standard as it is in such good condition be shame to make any major modifications.
  24. Sure the boys with SoG act knowledge will be on here shortly - just seems to me it wasn't fit for purpose if you need to put 4L of oil in it every 500 miles. I wonder if whoever did the oil filter change simply forgot to top up the oil again?
  25. Far too old man for my liking these Jags...actually, where is Dave?
×
×
  • Create New...