-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Thought I would chip in, havent had my zed for a few years now but bought like this: Ended up like this:
-
I believe you have the right to reject if a. you have given the trader reasonable time to repair according to the sale contract (which clearly you have) and b. if the repair does not conform to the agreed contract of sale (which it appears it doesn't either) - there are some legal types on here who I am sure could confirm or not but it appears you have the right legally to walk in and reject the car.
-
What G said is true but in the UK the public are a fickle bunch and if you want to sell this car on in the future you will get a lot of potential buyers turn their noses up at a high miler. I have always stretched the budget a bit to get a lower mileage car, when I sold my Zed, VX220 and R33 it took no more than 2 weeks to sell each of them.
-
So in effect brakes have no effect on braking and I should buy the cheapest ones I can and put all the money saved on MPSS...not sure I sit comfortably with that mate!
-
Well fair enough if it is marginal, but have read so many threads on here about never touching EBC yellow stuff and having to buy DBA and so on I kind of believed it. I have never owned MPSS, I have never hit anything, basically because I drive well within the tyres (and my own very average) capabilities. I suspect Dan and a fair few people on here are much better drivers than me and so want to get the most out of the cars so having ultimate tyre capability is probably going to make a difference.
-
So a set of shoddy brakes £40 discs and pads from china via ebay after a few hours driving with a set of MPSS on are going to hugely outperform stopping distance against a set of say Goodyears with carbon ceramic brakes (or equivalent?) My point really is that the difference in everyday driving between most decent tyre brands is going to be marginal, at 30mph, its going to be a matter of feet. I am sure if you slam on a big brake kit with some Goodyears or whatever you will get as good stopping distance as MPSS and some 40 quid pads.
-
But like I say, I do 2000-3000 miles a year max, the cost savings of tyres going 25% further really add to very little given I am changing tyres once every few years, in fact of my last four cars I have only bought new tyres once (current car) because I sell it before they need replacing. The distance formula doesn't really work here at all for me in my circumstance. In terms of stopping, the emphasis seems to be on tyres, yet I don't see people stating how important brake pads and discs are? Most people go for middle of the road on that front rather than putting an extra 40% towards those - and probably run those much further than you should. Arguably, they have bigger influence on stopping distance than tyres.
-
I think the majority buy the best they can afford, but also its a case of weighing up how you drive, what you drive, how often you drive. I do so few miles in my car the rubber would disintegrate through age before I got anywhere near the wear markers People talk about cornering speeds etc. to be honest if I feel myself shifting about in my seat I tend to corner slower, rather than buy tyres that allow me to corner faster. But hey I am the guy that can be found most of the time pootling along at well within the speed limit. Does it warrant an extra 40% on tyre cost to go from a very good brand to an excellent brand when I never use more than say 30% of the tyres capabilities anyway?
-
Absolutely no legal reason to not have that footage in the public domain, regardless of criminal or civil action. That said, I would still keep it private. Even if this is resolved to your satisfaction, I wouldn't release the footage. Never said I would hold it back for legal reasons, only if it did start going through courts I think from a professional perception point of view that you didn't go splashing it all over social media slagging off the garage etc and that you kept it professional.
-
Star Wars - The Force Awakens Discussion *SPOILERS*
coldel replied to marzman's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Actually this has made me think, and given me a different perspective on Han's death. I can remember my first time watching episode IV in the 80's and being upset about Obi-Wan dying. He was a past great with a rich history, and they killed him off. Han's death could be considered the same for the new generation, who dont really know him and haven't seen the originals (i.e. kids new to the series). Yes but Obi-wan, once struck down, would become more powerful than you could possibly imagine - Han just shriveled up into dust at the bottom of a pit by the looks of it -
Personally, I would keep it back, in case it gets legal you don't want the footage in the public space.
-
Thankful that it was an Eddie Stobart lorry that hit me
coldel replied to NeilMH's topic in Other Cars
When an Asda delivery van wrote off our Focus despite me contacting them and saying that we had a witness of the incident they denied it saying no vans went down our road at that time. When the same delivery driver had to deliver to the witnesses address and she collected his name and formally identified him they accepted it but then still dragged their heels. After many calls and frustration, I just put a short post up on Twitter hashtagging them and it was all sorted within a week. Not all large companies sound as decent as these guys! -
Thankful that it was an Eddie Stobart lorry that hit me
coldel replied to NeilMH's topic in Other Cars
Saw the title and thought oh no the Jag! But still well done plucky Corolla for putting up a fight! -
What engine to fit in my car with a damaged engine???
coldel replied to cearnshaw85's topic in 350Z Technical
Have to say I read it like JP! No mention of ebay when you said £3500 directly below the Clark web address! -
What engine to fit in my car with a damaged engine???
coldel replied to cearnshaw85's topic in 350Z Technical
Wedge in a VQ37VHR? Must admit my dream build if I won the lottery would be a 240z with one of those in -
But first port of call, get your car sorted. No good getting the employees fired only to still have a broken car sat outside.
-
What engine to fit in my car with a damaged engine???
coldel replied to cearnshaw85's topic in 350Z Technical
Zmanalex/Clarks should be able to sort you out a replacement DE? -
Can't bring myself to pay out the extortionate prices for sky sports, even though I am a huge sports fan across many sports it is just too high I think when you look at the annual cost. Anyway, that aside, still plenty of motorsport on terrestrial TV if you look hard enough, which is more interesting to watch than F1 - little Alfie loves the touring cars!
-
Exactly the above. Before throwing the CGA at people its always worth trying to talk to people face to face in a considered way. For all you know the dealership could just be equally disgusted and act in a very positive way for you. Just keep that anger buried away and stay away from going down the route of ranting threats, it serves no purpose when sorting out business issues, keep cool and stick to the facts.
-
Number 3 engine missing, engine found on right wing after brief search :lol:
-
Not magnetic
-
I think Steve was referring to anything pre 98? Like with his Corolla. For me, I read the article basically talking about how these days you get all the luxury's for every days drivers such as TC, Heated seats, Power steering, Elec Windows etc. For example, back in the day, I'd imagine a snowy, ice cold day would be a nightmare to start with. You walk out your door and have to scrape the ice off your car, sit in the freezing cold waiting for the windows to demist, ice to melt etc. But now a days, you can literally press two buttons and with in a couple of minutes your sitting in a sauna My old 1995 car has TC, electric windows, power steering and electric folding mirrors even
-
Thats really odd as Wasso's sounded epic!
-
Motordyne XYZ y-pipe sounds amazing, Wasso had one with a standard back box and it sounded fantastic.