Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Absolutely, but just tossing the idea out there, I had the VX as my only car Loads of cars out there that give an exciting and different ride to the zed, I am still astonished at how cheap you can get GT4s for, an absolute bargain for instance. Its old but its had all the consumables done on it, no signs of rust, engine still in great shape etc. But yes, my comment still stands, any petrol head should own an elise or vx at some point - its as close to driving a single seater as you can get and utterly thrilling each time you get in the car.
  2. http://news.sky.com/story/1625419/car-maker-renault-to-recall-15000-vehicles
  3. Don't give up there are certainly more cars out there that offer a different driving experience to the Zed for the same money. I would wholeheartedly recommend every petrolhead should own a VX or Elise at some point in their life, makes the Zed seem like you were driving a bus - (prepares flame suit) I have been making my way through a number of cars since the Zed and enjoying the different offerings, that said was a bit confused as to why you would go for a WRX as well as some other people on here.
  4. As he said, it really isn't much of a faff once you get the knack of it, also just make sure the car is clean before applying. Had one on my VX for 6 months absolutely no problems at all and if you think Nissan paint is poor...
  5. Yep, how it made the front page of the metro when there is so much going on in the world...astonishing
  6. Ha! The absolute 'I couldnt give a toss' approach to car care. I wonder how long it will take for garages to have it in their process to ensure dash cams are switched off by mechanics before thrashing cars as it seems to be catching them out time and again nowadays.
  7. Exactly, so utterly hopeless at anything, I mean every useless guy on TV has a garage with £50m+ worth of cars sat in it
  8. Nice one, well done on a well thought through and considered purchase!
  9. I guess if the car is a daily it can be a problem, I just went 3 days without using the VX220 (very doable in our climate!) to get the dash done: Its going to cost a bit more but will completely cover each part you do, last the distance and certainly not peel off. I am very OCD and couldnt live with seeing parts of the original dash visible around the stickers.
  10. Hmmm, would rather spend the money on hydro dipping to be honest which covers the parts completely, sorry!
  11. Depends on how much you use the car, if its sat there for weeks at a time not moving then go for it. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. I had one on my VX220 which went on for bad weather but in summer left it off, I remember getting it then putting it on and we had a storm and finding a load of branches from trees on top of the car the next morning, thank you Halfords for your £40 4 layer cover!
  12. Heard similar stories before, that the adhesive isn't great and it peels back. A lot of money for 'some stickers' if you ask me...
  13. I guess like anything you get what you pay for and research into. My 21 year old Toyota has so far been utterly fantastic, I wouldn't write off a Jap car because of age. However my perception is that lots of Subaru's are mistreated and driven pretty hard all the time. I guess having a read through on the Subaru forums is a good place to start - my mate had a Subaru and it was faultless in the 3 years ownership.
  14. Totally agree with Rob, made this point before, max BHP is pretty pointless as a measure in terms of gains, you should be looking at the difference pre and post modification to see how well your mods have performed across all the usable rev range. in terms of a max bhp 'score' I remember SMD DE hitting over 300bhp with the same mods I had on mine which from memory got 288bhp or something, and his had 50k more miles on it
  15. If you google Gliptone you can find some interesting reading on how to restore Zed leather on the seats, you can buy a kit and do it in a day with a number of stages of repair. I went for a much more matt finish on my seats when I did it. see below: Loads of new spoiler options, most people default to a Nismo type spoiler but if you contact Tarmac Sportz on here who is a trader he can take you through some spoiler choices
  16. Well you will buy these crap tyres...
  17. Absolutely, otherwise that dealer will do the same to the next customer and so on
  18. coldel

    GT-Four

    Certainly works I think even in a red car...loving modding this car, so much you can do for little cost and easy to do too!
  19. What wax did you put over the top?
  20. coldel

    GT-Four

    Everything converted to blue ... except the green clock which apparently is a pain to swap colours on. Maybe a blue bit of tape across it might be a quick and cheap solution! Dash cam installed, note screen is not visible from drivers seat I had the doors open etc hence all the red lights on the dash which would go out if the car was running. Very pleased actually, amazing how simple it is on the older cars to just pull things out and change stuff over
  21. But will you tell us if you did...?!
  22. Turbo lag + 4WD for the win
  23. Shocked...played a good good guy in Galaxy Quest and the voice of the robot in Hitchhikers Guide...talented guy. Incredible private life as well, started dating his high school sweetheart aged 19, got married to her last year with no one else present. 50 years together.
  24. http://news.sky.com/story/1622554/renault-raided-by-fraud-police-reports
×
×
  • Create New...