Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. Remind me again Richard. What is it you teach and to whom?
  2. Drop it on ya toes and you won't think its only 1.1kg:)
  3. Much much quicker Roads in the south of France were fantastic... It was great to be back home Driving back to the UK from Switzerland on Wednesday for my MOT... Yet another trip to Abbey. I am sure it will fly through. What clutch have you got in your car and can you send me a link pls:)
  4. You tell im Papa. He is horrid to me!
  5. Just remember I am going down to brooklands Kent tomorrow. And we all know that there are some boxes with your name on them. I will have a forum raffle unless you repent your sins against me:)
  6. I didn't know where to post it BBK. Feel free to plonk it somewhere else. Legible, I can be sometimes:)
  7. You do like to travel. Obviously you can do it a bit quicker now though:)
  8. Lol as if by magic he appeared:)
  9. 4RE Leather

    Test

    Got a new Thinkpad laptop and when I post it does not come up yet everyone else can see it. Have all the setting that Papa told me to put in so ooeerr. I am using Firefox and it did update the other day. It's only been like this since the up date. Going to try expolorer now:)
  10. Kangaroo fuel - where can I get that from, sounds like fun BBK of course:)
  11. Isnt a decat a straight fail, emissions or not? Unless you get into manufacturer fitted stuff, but exery Zed made would have left Nissan with a pair of cats, no? Mine recently failed on C02 with berks and a Nismo exhaust, tried again after some enthusiastic driving, with the tester knowing that iit was going to be close and it passed. Yes it is a fail but we wanted to test it b4 the cats were put back on. Emmision test was better with them off!
  12. Not smug. The emmision test without cats was well within the limit so I was surprised that your car with Cats failed. I had hoped the chosen ones could read between the lines. Hope ya bus gets kangaroo fuel and ya bum gets swollen as a result:)
  13. Appologies if this is a repost! Absolutely riveting! They used to use urine to tan animal skins, so families used to all pee in a pot & then once a day it was taken & sold to the tannery.....if you had to do this to survive you were "**** Poor" But worse than that were the really poor folk who couldn't even afford to buy a pot.....they "didn't have a pot to **** in" & were the lowest of the low. The next time you're washing your hands and complain because the water temperature isn't just how you like it, think about how things used to be. Here are some facts about the 1500s:- Most people got married in June because they took their yearly bath in May, and they still smelled pretty good by June. However, since they were starting to smell . ..... . brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the body odour. Hence the custom today of carrying a bouquet when getting Married. Baths consisted of a big tub filled with hot water. The man of the house had the privilege of the nice clean water, then all the other sons and men, then the women and finally the children. Last of all the babies. By then the water was so dirty you could actually lose someone in it.. Hence the saying, "Don't throw the baby out with the Bath water!" Houses had thatched roofs-thick straw-piled high, with no wood underneath. It was the only place for animals to get warm, so all the cats and other small animals (mice, bugs) lived in the roof. When it rained it became slippery and sometimes the animals would slip and fall off the roof... Hence the saying "It's raining cats and dogs." There was nothing to stop things from falling into the house. This posed a real problem in the bedroom where bugs and other droppings could mess up your nice clean bed. Hence, a bed with big posts and a sheet hung over the top afforded some protection. That's how canopy beds came into existence. The floor was dirt. Only the wealthy had something other than dirt. Hence the saying, "Dirt poor." The wealthy had slate floors that would get slippery in the winter when wet, so they spread thresh (straw) on floor to help keep their footing. As the winter wore on, they added more thresh until, when you opened the door, it would all start slipping outside. A piece of wood was placed in the entrance-way. Hence: a thresh hold. In those old days, they cooked in the kitchen with a big kettle that always hung over the fire... Every day they lit the fire and added things to the pot. They ate mostly vegetables and did not get much meat. They would eat the stew for dinner, leaving leftovers in the pot to get cold overnight and then start over the next day. Sometimes stew had food in it that had been there for quite a while. Hence the rhyme: Peas porridge hot, peas porridge cold, peas porridge in the pot nine days old. Sometimes they could obtain pork, which made them feel quite special. When visitors came over, they would hang up their bacon to show off. It was a sign of wealth that a man could, "bring home the bacon." They would cut off a little to share with guests and would all sit around and "chew the fat". Those with money had plates made of pewter. Food with high acid content caused some of the lead to leach onto the food, causing lead poisoning death. This happened most often with tomatoes, so for the next 400 years or so, tomatoes were considered poisonous. Bread was divided according to status. Workers got the burnt bottom of the loaf, the family got the middle, and guests got the top, or the upper crust. Lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky. The combination would Sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days. Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial... They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around and eat and drink and wait and see if they would wake up. Hence the custom of holding a wake. England is old and small and the local folks started running out of places to bury people. So they would dig up coffins and would take the bones to a bone-house, and reuse the grave. When reopening these coffins, 1 out of 25 coffins were found to have scratch marks on the inside and they realized they had been burying people alive... So they would tie a string on the wrist of the corpse, lead it through the coffin and up through the ground and tie it to a bell. Someone would have to sit out in the graveyard all night (the graveyard shift.) to listen for the bell; thus, someone could be, "saved by the bell" or was considered a "dead ringer". And that's the truth... Now, whoever said History was boring?
  14. I have my comfy new seats now. Just with I had an auto box:(
  15. How strange. I don't have cats and mine flew through the emmisions! I am with Alex, go find another one!
  16. That will not sort out the reception issues? I was going Dab but was adviced against it! You get another ariel for that is my understanding. Why were you advised against it? What do you use now? Internet radio? SMD has DAB and it works a treat That's what worries me! Anything that has SMD scent on it has me running for the hills:)
  17. Some one that has one but until I saw the other thread I may reconsider. I thought they were at least a grand for our car!
  18. I recognise that field Graham lol At least a 200 yards drive from yours:) Oh the joy of living in the countryside!
  19. That will not sort out the reception issues? I was going Dab but was adviced against it!
  20. All I can say is the reception has always been crap on mine and its a 2009. I tryed a few stubbys.1st one a ebay cheapy and not very good. 2nd a Honda one which was better. But none of them seemed to work better than the OEM one. Its the only one that will keep a local channel when going down reigate Hill towards Gatwick. It's obviously on there for a reason. Is the box in the back you found the AMP one located on the right?
  21. Welcome back Mark
  22. Shouldn't you be racing today? I thought I saw you driving Felipe Massa's car earlier? Anyone else think they look alike or could be one and the same?
  23. The more rubber on the road the better in my mind. What thats got to do with spacers I neither know nor care:)
  24. I was always led to believe that they dont use their cars like us, long journeys, commuting etc? Do they also not have a very stringent mot type thing a a certain stage in a cars life that makes it more cost effective to buy new? Is the average mileage of a car in the UK still given at 10 to 12k miles? I also suppose all the rumours of "hair cuts" must have some merit, but i cant quite believe all imports are trimmed. It's gone up to 15,000 acording to WLMC
×
×
  • Create New...