Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. It's round and either blue or yellow. it has a split round the circumference so you grip the top half and away you go. So long as its sponge it does not matter. I am always cutting up small foam squares for leather dye application so you could make your own. The pound shop sells 3 large wash sponges so it's a no brainier.
  2. Have a look on eBay Chris they are a lot cheaper. A lot of the products on Monza are half price on fleabay. however the only thing that works for me is a sponge applicator. I just keep one in the car in a plastic bag with a box of surgical gloves. Umm reminds me, I am in the right place for refills.
  3. Are you saying you don't subscribe Surfer:)
  4. I get the tyre dressing applicators from Monza care care. They are great for this and you don't have to move the car as thy shape round the tyre. On fleabay you can even get a couple of half moon shaped ones for £3 a pair. To date I have had far better results with this than anything else.
  5. http://www.buffaloleather.co.uk Go to repairs in your county and you should find one near you.
  6. Maguires tyre gel Ewan. It will not turn the snow black and stays on ya wheels:)
  7. Thats what i did, and couldn't be happier Same here from the Zedman. And fitted them myself lol
  8. Think I will just search for a six button one. Get it leathered and take it to Abbey or Taras and get them to swap it over. Knowing my luck I will get a face full of airbag
  9. Zedman will be reading this post with some amusement I am sure:)
  10. Slightly changing the post but still with steering wheels. Are the centre sections interchangeable in so much that if I got a donor wheel that had no buttons or just 3 on one side like some had. And mine has phone and radio on the left and cruise on the right as in 6 buttons. are they easy to swap over? Easy guide please Graham
  11. I am in Hospital lol. Half way through a 2 week stay. Send it over to Maciek at the Polish address. Ask him for a price ontop of your choice and he will calculate the total cost including the return shipping. It won't be cheap but I recon to fit and return to you about £80 that's without the cost of the cover. Might be worth taking another look at the video as I intend fitting my one eventually when I order it. You can fast track message him through his Facebook page. But you need to get a discount code and 2ways of getting this. One ask admin on here or 2. From what I read he has put a public code out for this item as a one off.
  12. Are you saying we have Chinese Zeds Need some made in Japan stickers ASAP.
  13. We can get Biscuit to make us some Apple stickers !
  14. My phone is going for exchange already. Apple store later on. The phone will not back up from iCloud or iTunes. It seems to freeze all the time when I went into the T-Mobile shop and kept saying cannot restore from iCloud needs wifi! So we turned off 3G and it just kept hanging on the wifi. Turned back 3G as it started to request and of course cant connect to iTunes or iCloud. Did a factory reset and even put a new I'd in. same problem. Aparently there has been 3-4 that have a problem. Apple store tries a different sim and if still a problem just gives a new phone. No questions no id or paperwork. So if I had a bent phone I could break it and get an exchange without any check. This was highlighted on TV recently and you would think thy might have this problem addressed! One theory of the unable to connect to iTunes or problems with iCloud and backing up may be that this is really the 1st day since a lot of people bought there phone that they have had time to set it up. zthis resulting in overload on the system. Any of you guys having similar issues?
  15. 2 be honest the only reason I have not done one myself is I suffer from a rare headache disorder. The solvent from the contact adhesive used and in most cases of evostick fame. The fumes start an attack that can only be aborted with Injections and 02. Apart from that you have to deactivate the airbag and take the steering wheel off. Again something I can't do which limits me a lot. I was toying with the idea of getting a steering wheel off eBay but Mine has the 3buttons both side. Then I could do one in my own time or send it over to Maciek. The Zed in his portfolio with the red leather door rests and boots is my car so I do need to get this wheel done ASAP. Wonder if there is a none solvent decent thin contact adhesive out there.
  16. You realise that's just a 1A USB port? It's the same as this except it has the words "Apple iPhone 5" in the title and costs 1.5 times as much: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELKIN-12V-DC ... 2740994%26 I didn't want to say anything but I got 2 doubles free with charger leads. The leads were £3.50 each free packaging You beat me to it Haydn It is also a good idea not to totally rely on these types of chargers as they can overcharge the battery, if this is done on a regular basis then oxidisation will take place within the battery and shorten battery life. Best practice is to only use these types of charger only when you have to i.e. charge on the mains whenever you can and use this type as a "reserve" or emergency charger. Don't just get in the car and plug the phone in to the charger just because there's a charger in the car. I am guilty as charged (that was a pun by the way)
  17. I never even thought of that Chris. I Jailbroken the iPad to put Tom Tom on so I could have sat nav in the run around. The volume is louder than the phone. I suppose that's why they were free.
  18. That's a nice looking car. Very clean and tidy and well worth a look from interested parties.
  19. Yes, it's possible but as long as you make The M.O.T tester aware that your car has an LSD there shouldn't be any problem. A diligent tester will bring up on his computer any special requirements for the car he is testing anyway. Now then, my mate owned and ran an M.O.T garage for over 30 years and he told me that he only used the Tapley for vehicles with permanently engaged 4wd. For cars with LSD's he simply ran the test with both rollers running. He said that using a Tapley for a road test is pretty worthless as this only gives you an overall braking efficiency test on all 4 wheels whereas running on a rolling road (with both rollers running) gives the tester a lot more information on the rear brakes . Pete
  20. Oh yes Arran. So I guess when I get my smoked Lexus lights I can put my Led rears on fleabay then?
  21. +1 and there is tutorial video on DIY
  22. You realise that's just a 1A USB port? It's the same as this except it has the words "Apple iPhone 5" in the title and costs 1.5 times as much: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELKIN-12V-DC ... 2740994%26 I didn't want to say anything but I got 2 doubles free with charger leads. The leads were £3.50 each free packaging
  23. Yeh they are good and a must for cars.
  24. Just bought 4 lightning to 30 pin adaptors off fleebay for £15 Apple want £32 each! Sorted
  25. I think it's safe to say my threads are usually quite...."entertaining" Actually they are quite tame to the ones you put on the Facebook page
×
×
  • Create New...