-
Posts
2,774 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by mattross1313
-
Artistic shots,yes, Zed shots, not really. Some pics I took of my old Supra whilst out on a Photoshoot with a mate of mine. First time using HDR and really liked the results - can't wait to get the Zed in shape and get out shooting it.
-
FREE pre-facelit rear light cluster (nearside/passenger)
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in For Sale
Always time for beer & Haribo Catch you at Japfest. Drop me a PM if anything changes matey, otherwise see you at the show. Mods - feel free to lock/delete this thread as required. -
Nice MR2 tubby mate. I've had 3 MR2's over the years and still miss them. I havent had the Zed long but I do think of it as a more grown up MR2
-
FREE pre-facelit rear light cluster (nearside/passenger)
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in For Sale
OH...FYI.....if you are going to fettle with these and try to split them for LED stuff........DON"T put them in the oven :lol: Try a heat gun or something a little more gentle -
FREE pre-facelit rear light cluster (nearside/passenger)
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in For Sale
Yeah thats cool mate, I'm on the Dorset Jap stand but will be over on the Zed stand throughout the day. As opposed to postage, how about a bag of haribo (for the misses ) I'll be collecting some bits for my Zed (some of the bits are the above mentioned set of replacement OEM lights, except these are costing me money haha). But I will be over to try and meet some new members. I'll PM you my mobile number dude, give me a call at the show. I'll be there from around 6AM (helping setup out stand...yawn!!). Matt -
Had me fooled for a minute there Good work dude, this should speed up the build nicely for you.
-
FREE pre-facelit rear light cluster (nearside/passenger)
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in For Sale
Hey Rajzed. Yep I had an LED project in mind for my old units but managed to properly melt one in the oven (pics in my project thread). Just to say again, this is for the passenger side unit only Although saying that, I can throw in the melted one too if thats any good for you to practice on? Are you at Japfest? or shall i get a postage cost for you? Matt -
Smudge's Tree Fiddy - updates 06/05/13
mattross1313 replied to smudgedon's topic in Member Build Projects
Holey moley that's close to the floor!! Car looks good matey, I was round buster this afternoon and there is definitely some poke going on! I think you guys should have a 'poke off' (ooh err!) Matt -
After a recent fail with my drivers side rear light cluster, I have acquired a new pair from another member. This results in me having two passenger side units so one if free to a good home. The light is in very good condition, however the locating pins are snapped on the underside. However this doesn't make a difference once you have the three bolts tightened. I know these aren't desperately desirable but perfect for someone looking to replace a damaged, chipped or broken unit? FREE to any member, just cover my postage costs (maybe a tenner? ish). Or I can bring to Japfest Thanks,
-
Cheers Wasso, Baller status is always good though huh
-
Other than the obvious weight gains of a Ti system, and the cool points is there any benefits of titanium in terms of flow etc etc?
-
Nice dude! Engine bay looks clean, love the gear knob Not long sold my supra before picking my new zed. Twin turbo's really are something special.
-
Smudge's Tree Fiddy - updates 06/05/13
mattross1313 replied to smudgedon's topic in Member Build Projects
Good updates matey. The vid on the M25 sounds amazing!!!! -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Cheers Chris. I might try the same broken unit with a hairdryer or heat gun to see if i have more luck. Maybe a focused heat will work better and not effect the main red plastic so much?......don't suppose you have a heat gun i could borrow for an evening? -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Thanks to Chris for the loan of the oven, and to Mrs.S for the cuppa -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Cheers Sarah mini update for tonight - in keeping with theme of recent updates....another fail!!!! Since owning the car I have been toying with the idea of creating some custom rear light clusters, based on the pre-facelift units. Buster loaned me a set to fit in place of mine, leaving mine free to fettle with. I had planned on fitting some custom built acrylic rods to give the effect of red bars of light, along with something funky with the three lines of reflectors pointing up towards the roof. So with a few hours to kill tonight, and a friendly Keyser around the corner......I went off on my way. After helping break some bits off the mini engine (when I say help I mean stand on a bar whilst Chris got 'Medieval on its ass'), we heading to the powder coating room so I could use the oven to split the clusters. I have done this before on my MR2 so I know the deal, put them on a low heat for a while then gently pry the lens apart as the glue softens. It takes time, but I got pretty good at it (did it to three sets). The Zed however didn't want to play ball, we had it on a low heat but before the glue had even began to get soft the red lens had deformed and sunk inwards So I now have one rear light unit which isn't much good to anyone, the other I'll try and sell. Time to go shopping for some facelight rear lights as they already come with LED's, and I shouldn't need to fettle and break these ones Pictures don't really do it justice, but you can see the parts that used to be straight are not anymore, and parts that used to have a nice curve to match the car are not so nice. Matt -
Is it not a long exposure shot and some one wanders through with a bright torch? Correct - leave the shutter open for X seconds, and run around the frame waving a torch like a crazy person. My ones of Busters Zed (earlier in this thread) were taken at around 10 seconds if I remember rightly. Matt
-
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Quick close up to prove that I fitted the Tarmac sports one too -
Nice one mate. I'm on the Dorset Jap stand but will be popping over to say hello and meet some fellow Zed members Matt
-
First photoshop is amazing!!! Kudo's!! the red rims really look good thought dude
-
Nice one folks - Jumping, do you want monies in advance or do you trust BBK with £40?
-
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Next update might not be everyones taste but it's something I've always wanted to get around to having on one of my cars. I think it stems back to when I had MR2's and the rear window was too small, but here it is - a collection of stickers running down the rear window. Will try to get another one or two at Japfest to fill the side. The local club stickers (Dorset Jap) on rear & side window were designed by my good self took delivery of them today.