Jump to content

mattross1313

Members
  • Posts

    2,774
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mattross1313

  1. Agreed with most - i can maybe see them sneaking it whilst you are at the pump, but as soon as you go into pay why would you NOT lock your car? Its ridiculous. Plus the US have stupidly big cars so its no wonder the person on one side cant see someone sneaking in the other without some binoculars, First thing i thought too! what ***** at a news station thought this would be a good idea haha
  2. Great term - Herberts! Haha, going to be borrowing that
  3. Correct - it is just a front end GUI for a pc, pretty much used for in-car. You dont have to use a touchscreen, but if its in a car when you are driving a mouse/keyboard would be hard work hehe. I have bought the bare bone components - ram, motherboard, harddrive, power etc. i will mount it all in the glove box - along the USB gps receiver, obd2 plugin and other connections for music etc.
  4. Dibs on your old wheels! Haha K, thanks, bye!!
  5. So because these wheels were on the car when i got them, that makes ME a failure? WTF mate!!!
  6. Man if thats how much they sell for I'll consider putting mine up instead of keeping them as winter wheels!
  7. It's a program that runs on a small PC that allows you to control media etc. I am building a CarPC ATM which will run my music, videos, sat nav, ODBII monitoring, wifi etc etc. Centrafuse is a nice touch screen friendly front end to control everything. http://www.centrafuse.com/us/ I have a cracked copy from ages ago but struggling to install plugings. It's around £45 and can run 2 computers with it.
  8. No man should ever talk about failing a semi. :lol:
  9. Wasn't quite 'today'. But fitted my front splitter a few days ago - really pleased with it
  10. Long shot, but worth an ask. I am midway through building a car PC and might have to get a legit copy of Centrafuse to combat some issues. Is anyone else out there building a Car PC or will be soon? Do you fancy going shares on a license? A full legit copy comes with 2(or maybe 3) activation's so we could each save a few quid and get one between us. Matt
  11. Alright dude!! Glad you picked it up in the end! Will have to give you a shout next time I'm down that way, its been ages!! (i'll have to give ioneabee a shout too.....I guess haha!). Zed looks nice mate. Did you get the decats/sports cat thrown in? I run a HKS filter too. Matt
  12. First ones are nice dude, i had them on my old mr2 PS - is this Jason?
  13. I was/am a maybe for the G'hopper meet....guess i better find some petrol money and come check out your new paint!!
  14. Thread high jack sorry mate - im picking up some Rays in a few days and want to get some new nuts for them. Am i right in thinking most after market nuts would be OK? The ones that taper in? I know that some stock alloys/steels have a flat face so a tapered nut is no good. On your will they fit question - not sure, but if theres a good set you could always get the open end type?
  15. My 5 had the volume down button issue. Tried one or two of the fixes from the forums but ended up just getting another from Voda direct (perks of a business phone). But I'm sure there are some fixes out there by now as mine happened months ago. Either way, good phone for cheap money
  16. As above, once the hack is complete using a 3.5mm jack you can run any phone/mp3 player through the bose system using the onboard headphone socket. So as far as the device is concerned you are just using headphones. So shouldn't be a need to swap phones with the other half, unless you want a 3GS of course. Matt
  17. Cheers Dave - yeah I am more than likely going to source a smaller table & chairs for the full install, this was all I had to hand at the time. Thanks Will, yeah I do like black splitters, but I don't think it will work with the look I am going for (white wheels etc). Quiet you!
  18. Frigging hell those tail pipes are massive!!! going to look awesome when its done
  19. ^^Agreed - the misses runs XXRs on her Evo, great wheel
  20. I'm picking these up Friday
  21. I looked at these wheels a while back, really good looking rim. Also look good in 18 - not too small, which was my worry. I look forward to getting your hand-me-downs
  22. Nice one matey - should be fine as the screen is also being powered elsewhere anyway
  23. Hey matey - I haven't actually order the m2 unit yet - so f you have one cheap cheap then that sounds awesome drop me a PM matey - I just need to check today on how much power its drawing but I guess it won't be that much.
  24. Myself, the car and my new front splitter headed round to Busters yesterday evening for some fitting work. Last week I ordered up a Cupra R front splitter from the local Seat dealer, Bob and I spent an hour trimming it to fit using his old front bumper - pretty easy going I spent a few days spraying it up in the garage as I am not the biggest fan on non-colour coded splitters. Then last night with the supervision and help of Buster we set about fitting it It is not a perfect colour match but pretty close given I sprayed it with rattle cans in my garage. The fit is pretty close considering its not made for a Zed, I still might make a small tweak to each edge to try and make the splitter follow the bumper a little better. But I am still really really pleased with the fitment. Transforms the front of the car! Thanks Bob
  25. Not the biggest of updates, two small mods to the car and a little bit of work continued on the PC. Got a few bits from a local Zed being broken - spare engine cover for painting, HKS air filter & the plush boot matt with Z logo. The PC is now all wired in, running windows 7 and Centrafuse 4.1. I just need to configure up all of the boot-up sequences and Centrafuse plugins for Nav, music etc. Mounted the 7" touchscreen last night into my JDM cubby too - REALLY pleased with how well this fits, it looks nice and OEM.
×
×
  • Create New...