-
Posts
2,774 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by mattross1313
-
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Yeah im a big fan of the double facepalm meme It arrived just now thanks Ady, took me about 5 minutes to unwrap it though. I'll give you a gold star for packaging!! -
Damn!! Was that you? Or were you just driving past?
-
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
No, but im eagerly awaiting the post van to arrive today with a box for me Only there for a bit fo fun Craig - I was on ebay and saw it, it was orange so i just bought it. -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
Thanks chaps. This is all in hand for Phase-3 of the engine orange-ing. Watch this space. -
Arran's Azure 350 GT, Exhaust autobahn video finally 9/10/14
mattross1313 replied to Arran's topic in Member Build Projects
nice update. Like the badges. I am hoping to pick up the older style rear badge from LikwidArt if they are at JAE this weekend -
Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21
mattross1313 replied to mattross1313's topic in Member Build Projects
So with JAE fast approaching, and me being rather last minute I have started to continue on with the orange engine bay. I have had the orange samco hoses fitted for ages now but not got around to doing any more. This week has been somewhat of an explosion of orange Rivalled only by I4N I think First task this week was to sort out the wiper arms as they were really bad! looked as though someone had tried to paint them with hammerite, but only paint the flaky bits!! So I Nitromoors'ed them, dremmeled them, sanded them, and painted them Had an Earthing/Grounding kit kindly donated by Buster a good few months ago, but it was looking a little tired. The orange was a little worn out, faded etc. So I picked up some braided orange hose from ebay and set about wrapping each one. Pic shows old next to new. Much nicer!! Next up I moved onto spruce up the engine. I wanted to go with orange highlights etc, so set about painting some bits blue. Only issue with this plan is that new shiny blue paint makes the existing engine bay blue paint look even worse than it is. See below. So to do away with the blue, I went all out orange setup a mini spray booth in the garage and had at it!! Also got some orange conduit to wrap the wiring looms, painted the strut bar orange with Azure blue centre ( & Ironman sticker! ). I think my favourite mod of the week is the battery & brake fluid covers....I VERY carefully painted the embossed lettering with the tiniest paint brush ever. Also found a use for the Azure Blue touch-up pen I bought when I first bought the car!! Silly mod really seeing as you can't see it when the door is closed, but I like it -
Save a few pounds for Noodles-In-A-Box too!! they are awesome
-
AFAIK a ticket is a ticket, so driver/passengers pay the same.
-
Vlad's Supercharged 350Z - pg20 Banzai Mag Feature
mattross1313 replied to Vlad's topic in Member Build Projects
Only just seen the last few pages of this! Awesome work mate, some really nice mods Side note - and maybe your smallest mod, but how do you find the short shifter? I keep looking at them. -
Mrs Keyser step away from the spray gun!
mattross1313 replied to Keyser's topic in Off Topic Discussion
The first rule of Camo Shed.......do not talk about Camo Shed -
Man that exhaust looks insane! Love the updates mate
-
Mrs Keyser step away from the spray gun!
mattross1313 replied to Keyser's topic in Off Topic Discussion
What shed? -
[SOLD] - Carbon Fiber slam panel for 350z DE
mattross1313 replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in For Sale
Ady - let me know PayPal and I'll get it to you ASAP! Would be awesome to get this in time for JAE -
[SOLD] - Carbon Fiber slam panel for 350z DE
mattross1313 replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in For Sale
PM'd dibs! DE is the Pre-facelift right? -
Met you already at the ZedShed briefly better half and I popped in quickly as we left for our Euro Roadtrip. Buy I'll pop over for sure
-
Friday is the main party night, well for us anyway! Saturday is more of a chilled out evening as that last thing i want is to drive 3-4 hours home with a killer hangover. We'll be opposite you guys with red/white gazebos. Pull up a chair, get a beer, listen to some tunes
-
I'm making this show now with Dorset Jap & you guys are right opposite, so I'll be sure to wander over to meet some new faces. And see some old ones (Haydn)
-
Good websites for buying alloy/tyre combo + green wheels
mattross1313 replied to Steely's topic in Wheels
Green? Where's Keyser?... -
That's the only downside with this centre we use - not the best bouldering room. As you say I would like to spend more time here working on technique - plus I am pretty crap win heights so can use this to improve footing etc then get used to the height of it all.
-
Definitely agree I shouldn't need any rope for a good while yet. Nowhere near ready to go onto rock, and the indoor places so far provide rope
-
I can see us joining up with a local club if we get into it - for now I just want to see how well I stick to it! so shoes for now as I REALLY struggling for grip with my gym shoes But the harnesses you get to hire are pretty uncomfortable. Looking at a few on ebay right now. Yeah I figure for second hand kit things like harnesses should be OK as they have wear indicators (or some do), and carabiners, belays are easy to check over.
-
As above, the local place we use (and the only place I have used so far) is £6.40 per person and you can stay as long as your arms can hold you!! (so far about 1.5 hours for me). On top of this I am currently hiring equipment at £1 per item, per time - Harness, carabiner and Belay. On that note - if anyone has some gear they no longer use let me know!
-
I'm down near Bournemouth - it's actually in a leisure centre in the school grounds. It has about 70 routes from a 3 to a 7+. Right now I am sticking to 3 and 4's until my arms get the stamina! There's supposed to be a good centre down near Calshot which we might try. Matt
-
Just wondering Last week myself and a few colleagues had our induction and are hoping to get into climbing - there is a good indoor centre at a local school. I am crap with heights and kinda got bullied into it, but its good fun Off out tonight to get some climbing shoes, and maybe harness etc shortly after. Anyone else do or have done this before? I'm hoping to build up my equipment and eventually try outdoors. Matt