Jump to content

flyboy

Members
  • Posts

    1,540
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by flyboy

  1. Next items on the shopping list ordered. Diffuser film Blue gel film Set of 6 white needles. Almost done with the shopping.
  2. Martinmac +1 Fri to Sunday. Home. None. Fri night, Sat lunch Sun lunch Lexx +1 & 2 halves Fri to Sunday. Somewhere None Not sure yet! Moped mark + mrs moped fri-Sunday. Camping. No preference, Fri night, Sat lunch, Sun lunch, we can't wait should be a fantastic weekend Ian + Jayne Fri to Sunday Camping AK350Z Fri to Sun Camping Drive out Eating everything. Ph7 + Tracy fri-Sunday. Camping Drive out. Eating everything. Flyboy +Flygirl Fri-Sun Camping Not Sure Eat fri and sat nights
  3. Pm Sent
  4. Last Few Days
  5. Just ordered a digital temp controlled solder station as my trusty gas iron will probably melt the smd's. Just a few more types of LED to order as I need some side mount ones to do the temp and blower control dials.
  6. Coz if I can figure out the mileage change then I can offer an exchange system I send you a modified dash with your mileage on it you send me yours....
  7. flyboy

    A MILLION

    What are they? I thought you would know than one BBK
  8. Thought I would have a go at this after seeing pics of SMD's dash. Just ordered a white dial face from Blackcat custom gauges with a custom Z logo on the rev counter.... Along with 30 blue leds and 30 red leds to go with the 50 white I already have Got a spare speedo cluster and oil/volt etc gauges from a salvage yard in the post, as my Zed is the daily drive. I will be also be looking for the eeprom on the PCB which holds the mileage reading and investigating how this is stored and changed. This will allow me to complete an LED mod on the spare speedo and then with the mileage corrected swap it out with mine. ( I have a low mileage car anyway 54k on an 04 plate, so won't be tempted to lower it) I know I could send this away to have the mileage corrected but if its held on a std eeprom then a reader and the software to read it and edit it via USB port on a laptop is about £10 from ebay. I will find out when I take it apart. unless anyone out there knows how??? Pics and a build thread may follow but TBH there is a lot of info already out there already so you may just get the classic makeover before and after pics. Might just have a bit of a surprise up my sleeve regarding needle colours and a dial colour change on shift change limit.
  9. Pm Sent
  10. Sorry not seeing it . Maybe without the frill?
  11. And round the corner from me Cant be bad
  12. flyboy

    Falken 453's

    Event are also giving a free £50 fuel giftcard with 2 or more michelin's over 17"
  13. flyboy

    Head liner

    http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4171465763 Cheap one on ebay if you wanted to try it.
  14. SALE ENDED Thanks to all those who purchased. 15% off all items. Purchased from now until 1st April Mirror fold Module was £42.50 Sale Price £36.00 http://www.350z-uk.c...date-now-ready/ http://www.350z-uk.c...-fitting-guide/ 2006 Airbox Modification kit was £35.00 Sale Price £30.00 http://www.350z-uk.c...conversion-kit/ http://www.350z-uk.c...-fitting-guide/ Both in Stock and ready to go. Obligatory small print with any sale Payment must be made by midnight 1.4.2013
  15. Behind the battery cover?
  16. flyboy

    NW names list

    Spoilsport
  17. flyboy

    NW names list

    The Devil seems to have removed four names from the list. Does that mean we are now in purgatory or being lined up as horsemen??
  18. Taking the bumper off wont help you get to the rear of the bolt that's spinning. Unless I'm wrong the bolt is in the double skin surrounding the boot opening. I don't think you can get to it from inside the boot either, but it will be easier to check by removing the trim inside the boot. Your only choice is to persevere. Pull up on the bolt head with mole grips while turning ? If all else fails you may have to punch the same hole in your new light leave the bolt in and just put the plastic cap over it. Nobody see - nobody know ! ------- as an employee of mine used to say ----- (He diddn't last long however)
  19. Id xpect no less. 500th post anyways.
  20. Am I the only one who knows the difference!! It really milks my goat.
  21. flyboy

    Window tinting

    Isn't front and sides already tinted from the factory making any additional tint illegal?
  22. Ok fair point, mine wasn't. But I am sure most people dont know the history of their car when they bought it. Kinetics say they make the disks under one roof in the USA and if manufactured for the litigious US market they should do what it says on the tin. As I say the statement I made is a personal point of view from experience not hearsay.
  23. So for people with these views when you bought your presumably second hand car do you know what disks are on it? How they were treated from day one? Do you then change them out as soon as possible just in case, along with pads and tyres, change the fluid and brake pipes etc etc
  24. Not bought from Zman Alex. As posted above used his advice on how to bed in correctly. There was no intention to use his name to support my views on these brake disks. Sorry if this was implied in any way.
  25. To give a different point of view on these. I have the exact disks on my fronts. http://kinetixbrakes.co.uk/ They looked good and fitted with no issues. Minimal run out when checked with a DTI < 0.002". They do not have multi drilled holes like the photo but just 5 stud holes, and are ground not turned on the braking area. The drilled spots and grooves are part of the manufacturing process not added later as they are under the zinc plating. When matched with these http://www.ebay.co.u...84.m1438.l2649 they stop a lot better than the original Nissan disks after 50,000 miles. I used Zman Alexes break in procedure and they blued up nicely. They might wear out quicker than other makes and maybe I just got a good set who knows, but I am certainly happy with them and will get a set of rears once they are back in stock in a few weeks. The only thing I have noticed is that they occasionally smell a little when pushed hard but that may be because they are in their first few thousand miles or it might just be a combination of the pads and disks. However I have had no brake fade even when hot so am a happy bunny.
×
×
  • Create New...