Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Can I recommend http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/summer-essentials/car-cleaning/microfibre-cloths/?549771701&0&cc5_133
  2. Nimbus is a top top detailer so whatever he's charging you will be worth it!
  3. Christ on a crutch what a mess! Comrade has given you really solid advice in terms of your rights.......I'll give you the reality of enforcing it. You need to take him to small claims court if he refuses to resolve the situation. He is a DEALER period. Independent shitty one off a driveway but if you shop him to the council he will be fooked because he's clearly using a residential property for commercial purposes. Write letters as the others have discussed giving a 'reasonable' timeframe to resolve or refund otherwise small claims court action will be instigated. Then after the expiry if you've had no joy issue him with an N1 Claim Form.......even better precomplete it and enclose a copy in your letter confirming that 'this form will be served to you upon the expiry of this deadline should a satisfactory resolution not be arrived at'. At this point he'll either @*!# it or assume your bluffing. If you win in court you'll probably never see dollar one but it's the best course of action. If you need us to do anything our garage is based in Sandycroft.......sadly we've had to deal with a couple of Zed's a touch more terminal than this one but very probably for the same reasons.
  4. Although even the likes of myself who happily advertises as a 'dealer' can have very low numbers. I've only got one at the moment. just helps to bolster the detailing income whilst I build the business up.
  5. Wish I could find a zed in the auctions I go to! Again I kind of get where he's coming from. The basis of any relationship based on a lie is never a good starting point.
  6. The yearly 'clock wrong' post
  7. I think the kids would say #firstworldproblems !
  8. Does it have one of those emergency release tags in the boot as well? I remember snagging mine in the Z4 so it wouldn't work.
  9. Guy who bought my Audi had one done for 300 quid and the report said that the car was idling high and needed a new turbo. I had to go out and film the car ticking over, load it to YouTube and let the guy watch it to prove the mong wrong!
  10. .....that's second hand 4.2 V8 R8 money as well.......
  11. Best to drop lee a PM or call Falcon Performance mate
  12. Ricey

    Tool Set

    I've got a similar but less comprehensive set. Brilliant but the only gripe I have is that the sockets in mine are multi point instead of hex.......perfect if you want to round a bolt off!
  13. Christ almighty...... You'd think you'd run over a baby seal! 50 quid and your right as rain. There's next to no chance of keeping wheels unkerbed in this bloody country! I kerbed my wheel driving the car home from having kerbing repaired!
  14. I don't see what's wrong with an email especially if you know you'll be disagreeing, it's better to have a record of what both parties say. I sent an email in the first place because I wanted to show the photos. I've no issue with speaking to the manager, I've already been back twice, once because I thought the new clutch was noisy and another time to have the clutch bled and an OEM hose fitted instead of SS one. Then I did call or went it in to see him. This time is a bit different because I knew I'd be basically saying his guy didn't tightened the bolt, he'd be saying he did. From that point, you can just go back and forth, or if you're communicating via email, it's easier to point at links and include info as to whether or not the plug can come loose after being tightened correctly. As for the manager seeing this thread, I'll be linking to it anyway. What do I want to happen? I want the £20 for cleaning up the mess that they should admit their tech is responsible for. Also supply the new gaitor (I'll get it fitted elsewhere after all this), they were under my car twice for a long time working on that area. Jez spotted it in 2 minutes. How are they sure it was already in this condition? (as he stated in the email response) and if so then surely they would have told me... just seems a little weird. I'm just going to link to this post to prove the what common sense would tell anyone, the plug can't unscrew itself and then it's up to them to decide what to do. Basically what Dan is saying is that (with respect) everyone HATES a keyboard warrior. A phone call establishes a personal connection between you both, one that subsequently ( unless dealing with a *****) allows empathy and reason to enter the conversation. Also if you can keyboard warrior him.......then he can keyboard warrior you because that ends his part of the conversation. If your on the phone someone has to end the call.....if you're not happy with the resolution then it won't be you will it? It takes some kahunas to hang up the phone on a disgruntled customer. Finally you've not even told him what you want from him. Admittance of guilt will pure and simple not happen but if you tell him you're looking for 20 quid for inconvenience and a new gaitor I'd bet my bollocks to a barndance he'll give you it. A mistake was made.....you have the facts to offer up him which 99% proves his tech did not tighten the bolt. The 1% is that you or someone else may have fettled with it in the mean time.
  15. Lol I do forget that your into this as a hobby sometimes. You sure know your shizzle bud
  16. Have you ever strayed into ceramics mate? Opticoat being the one I'm thinking about.
×
×
  • Create New...