Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Sounds about right for a 350. Like a gnats eyelid the paint is. Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
  2. Controversial but I'd have to say you'd be mad as a shithouse rat to pay that for a non running car that's been fettled with more times than Jordan's undercarriage
  3. Good effort. Get that bloody engine bay wiped down you mucky pup!
  4. Marching onward and up word
  5. Definitely sounds like something I'd say but I love the Pulsar! Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
  6. My experience is varied with plastidip to be honest. We did a grill on Chris's M3 and its perfect a year on. Couple of high traffic interior handles were peeling a few months later. Cracking job though. Looks good Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
  7. Are you sure? I think the older 125's are a 3.0. The "25" bit isnt really relevant. An e46 318 has a 2.0 litre engine for example. 3 litre straight 6 with about 220 bhp to my knowledge. Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
  8. I actually drove my mates on Friday. Felt a lot slower than the zed so my assessment is lack of talent :razz:
  9. Oh and Neil.....good on you for taking the time to post Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
  10. Honestly I totally appreciate that this comes across as 'dodgy'......for me though this is a dealer trying to be different and talking from the heart For me you'll get more out of this guy than you will from many of the chumps out there. Disagree with the test drive point but meh. Go with instinct Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
  11. Thought this was river related for a minute there! Time has absolutely flown. Must be hard for the families to face an anniversary that puts it all back out into the memory
  12. Word for word what my guy said. Also I know for a fact that bodyshop compounds are rammed full of fillers but that would get evident far quicker than the OP has observed.
  13. Amazing how many people end up coming back you know. I'm sure this forum has a bit part in that to be honest.........nice to know you've got support with a car.
  14. For me this is the most pertinent point. One fix may be all that it takes.......that's still thick money for the car
  15. You could try some poorboys Blackhole. Paint guy said only permanent fix is a respray
  16. Spoke to my paint guy......100% blended paint. You learn something everyday!
  17. Eyes like a @*!# house rat! It is an'all! Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
  18. Thing is though A) no one in their right mind would just blend half a panel on a raggy line. You'd either flick the whole panel or blend to a line no smart repairer is getting a finish with a reflection like that!
  19. Could be as innocent as keying damage though. The paint looks like it has a lacquer defect but then looks flat as a pancake everywhere else which would suggest no paint or a proper well finished job......which doesnt tie in with them leaving a lacquer defect in there. Too far away for me to help in person pal but find a good local detailer with a PTG and get the depths checked (dont buy a cheap ebay kob....theyre crap). Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
  20. I do have a slightly more catastrophic theory that the paint (if not painted) has been polished to death and its taken it beyind the UV protection (I.e its not far from going into clearcoat failure) and the base coat is now becoming discoloured. Basically mate we're doing the equivalent of being internet mechanics diagnosing without seeing. A visual inspection and a PTG reading is whats needed. Where are you based? Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
  21. I totally agree with the haphazard, I don't think that's a blend line. Blending is done to a line......if that's a blend blind pew did it. More likely an area where the paint went on thick and wasn't flatted out enough. Machine polished with bodyshop compounds like G3 and Ultrafina.....chock full of fillers which wash out after a time
  22. I'm agreeing that looks like a paint job with some sort of reaction in the paint. You can see a lacquer reaction in the paint on the first of your second lot of pictures near to the reflation of the camera. Failing that it could be a product reaction but I've never known meguairs and dodo to react. I learned (at a training session.....not on a customers car!) the other day that using products from different manufacturers can cause 'gassing' which is where they will react with one another causing anomalies in the finish Paint depth gauge on the door will tell you......Nissan paint is like a gnats foreskin.....anything over 120microns on a 350 door would potentially be a respray I'd say.
  23. Oh I see what you're saying. Engineer confirmed it could be repaired. Markerstudy are horrific to be fair Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
  24. Doesn't that letter confirm that it specifically a total loss claim bud? Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
  25. Ricey

    Too much?

    Personally I think that's one of the nicest I've seen on a zed
×
×
  • Create New...