Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. We averaged 32mpg over 1700 miles of driving through Europe.......it was 34mpg but trying to keep up with Thomas Sorensen did some right damage to my frugal fuel consumption. I don't reckon 38 is impossible over a short period in very specific driving conditions.
  2. Only problem is the bodyshop can't fit it for a month! Its up Pete and Chris's neck of the woods in Buckley but its the only place I'd really trust to fit it.
  3. Yeah thats all going to buggery with the big hairy carbon N1 wing thats waiting to be fitted! Should still fit in nicely with the Black wheels and badges..........if it looks a bugger we can always have it sprayed.
  4. How far did you drive after resetting it. Motorway cruising could return something like that bit only if you were being very light with the right foot.
  5. Nah I just searched on Autotrader to have a look at a JDM just to make sure I wasn't talking kack about the bits that were missing and this was the first one that came up in my area.
  6. Finally got the stance looking better with some spacers from Matt Bowey.........installed today and I didn't break anything! Before After Before After Looks so much better now. I had a little look at the drop links while I was there too......they aint budging without some heat.........me , the car and a blowtorch....
  7. 2nd one for deffo Fine wire wool could be useful if its really gakked up
  8. Ahhh - just realised this is a CAT D......probably explains it. So long as your aware of it and it drives straight you should be ok - good price too! I didn't realize it was from NWS - I went to look at the Blue import they've got there for £8995.......they've had that Azure up for sale for over a year and not dropped it a penny!
  9. Take a peek at Husky's work here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=40893&hilit=polishing+exhaust
  10. Exact same thing happened to next door neighbors car 2 weeks ago. It was the head - the ally heads they used in that generation of engines are notorious for it. £350 fix his was I think
  11. Not too sure, might be clear ones? Pete Either way all those bits are quite small and faffy - they're not really going to detract from the . I was more worried about it having a bump at the front and the seller not declaring it to Karolina (I remember seeing a couple of cars with spuriously missing number plate surrounds etc that had been in crashes)
  12. I find that the more obviously fast your car looks the less you feel the Neanderthal man inside us all poking at your brain going 'ooo ooo must......show everyone.....how.....fast ........car......is......oooo oooo ooo ' There's less to prove - perhaps thats why chavs with nasty chav fast cars feel the need to drive like cocks. I think the Cayman is a really stunning car and I don't really like Porsche's if I'm honest.
  13. Looks good but you might want to check for crash damage on the front end too.......its missing the number plate surround and appear to be screwed directly on to the body work. I think its also missing the plastic air deflector on the bottom of the bumper too (but then again so it ours because I took off the hateful, ugly little thing! ) Errmm..........and its missing the reflectors from the front bumper too?
  14. Ricey

    oops....

    I have a similar problem when I nip on the Envy Valeting shop.........sooooooo hard to resist. Snow foam is so much fun though!
  15. I know what your problem is............you've fitted it in the boot and not the engine! This is lifted from the Motordyne instruction manual........not sure if it helps. Sounds like it can need a fair bit of tweaking to get it right. Read section headed "Strut Bar Reinstallation and Adjustment for 350Z" here........might help http://www.motordyneengineering.com/manual.pdf
  16. I used to love the CRX when I younger......another few years and I reckon it'll be a proper retro classic.
  17. Park has to be one of the most under rated players in the prem........he's the Brian McClair of a new generation
  18. Nick Frost is in it so its bound to be amazing.
  19. I'm sure Zmanalex answered this for the rear lights and it did require different connectors. Not 100% sure though. Don't think its a massive job but given that they're going to have to have a crappy sticker stuck over them do you really want to bother? For the sake of saving a few quid it'll look a right mess if you ask me (plus I don't think it so much deflects the beam as just blocks it from blinding oncoming traffic - I found the headlights seemed quite dim with the sticker on when we were away).
  20. I think everyone needs to take 10 mins to watch My Name is Earl
  21. I reckon its far more feasible that the yanks shot him dead than actually stopping to think about the information they could extract. I imagine the dialogue went something like this Sgt Hank Kowolski - 'Goddammit! Ooooooosama is dug in there like an Alabama tick' Pvt Duke Pile - 'your gawddamn right Sarge.....this gawddamn menace aint coming out without a fight' Sgt Hank Kowolski - 'We need him for questioning so we've got to be careful here Private' Pvt Duke Pile - ' What about a warning shot sarge?' Sgt Hank Kowolski - 'Good thinking private.......Mary-Sue will be proud of you when you get back to the trailer.........do it!' Single gun shot Pvt Duke Pile - 'Warning shot fired Sarge........right above the left eye'. Sgt Hank Kowolski - '...........your momma has a lot to answer for boy'
  22. Simply unbelievable............hope it gets sorted for you mate. Poor doggy
  23. Dude I can see your obviously fairly genuinely down about this but try and keep it all in perspective........I know its a ball ache.......I know its expensive - but at the end of the day its only rubber and metal. Its easy for me to say but don't let him get you down otherwise what he's doing is getting the desired effect.
  24. I wonder if Chris has heard of the Giving Pledge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giving_Pledge and specifically its work with the Ricey Benevolent Fund Thats a nice stable of cars and some great work.
×
×
  • Create New...