Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. Hi Guys, Since about November we've had at least 6 break ins to our underground car park, there may be more that I'm not aware of. I know someone in the next block of flats had a specialized bike stolen as I had the police knocking on my door for information. Personally I've lost about £500-£750 worth of tools etc and they keep taking the boxes with OEM car parts in, realising their not really worth anything and dumping them behind bushes so that the groundsman has an ongoing easter egg hunt. It's not the end of the world to me, they haven't touched the Z, tools and parts can be replaced and there's nothing personal down there. I live on a nice estate in Surrey which has a management agent run by an estate agents, personally I own the property but I'm sure there are people renting in the same building. Do they as managing agents have any responsibility to their tennants with regards to security/safety? I'm not sure the old dear in the flat above me would be to thrilled to find some robbing barstewards in the car park when she gets home. Any other advice would be welcome. Cheers, Haydn.
  2. the barman asks, why the long film?
  3. I guess in red bull techy terms it would be like adding another set of rear wheels. Add them on the same axel and you'd probably get more traction for accelartion off the line, but more friction so less top speed. Add them on a seperate axel and you have another set of pros & cons. Either way if a rear tyre blew you'd have another to keep you moving, albeit maybe not at the same pace as before.
  4. Happy retrospective birthday! I'm assuming you're not going to see this for a few days and you've got over the hangover.
  5. RAID stand for "redundant array of inexpensive/independant disks". It can be used to increase the reliability, performance or both of a set number of disks. Lets say you have 2 identical disks: - You could configure them so that when you write your photo's to disk, the system automatically writes the data to both disks. The write speed would be the same as it happens in parallel, however when reading the system can request half the file from one disk and the other half from the other, effectively almost doubling the read performance. If one of those disks broke, you'd still have your data available on the other disk which after replacing the faulty disk could be resynced to restore redundancy. This would be called mirroring or RAID [level] 1. - Or you could configure them to write parts of the data accross the two disks, i.e: half the photo would be on one disk, the other half on the other. That way writing is almost twice as fast as well as reading, however, if one disk dies you would lose the data on both disks. This would be called striping or RAID 0. There are loads of RAID levels which offer various performance/reliability/cost benefits, usually for a larger number of disks, for example striping across N disks and then a parity check on the N+1th disk so that if anyoneone of the disks dies you can figure out what the data should have been. Personally I'd go for something with RAID 1/mirroring and warning lights for when a disk dies, make sure you look at the lights occasionally and if one is showing a failed disk, swap it out and hope the other disk doesn't fail in between. Unless there's data you really really want to ensure isn't lost (family photo's etc) in which case I'd backup somewhere on top. Haydn.
  6. Did I ever tell you how Mouthwash hates sarcasm and you've just earned yourself a collection of garden gnomes?
  7. NAS's are overrated IMHO. You can get almost the same coverage with a USB drive if you set it to be shared with your other computers. O.K, you will loose the ability to access the drive remotely but do you need that facility? Anyway, I don't see any reason though why your new NAS should do anything to the old HD, I've swapped drives from USB enclosures into NAS units without any loss of data. Pete The reason for having a NAS isn't just for extra disk space. The redundancy via RAID is worth it alone, but you can also run apps on there without the need for a server/pc to always be on, torrent clients etc etc. I send torrents to my NAS from my phone and it goes away and downloads them while I'm out and about.
  8. Note to self: Don't **** off mouthwash.
  9. I actually thought that was a pretty good response from the government. Signed anyway although I doubt it will do anything even if it does hit 100k signatures.
  10. Sadly the roof will be open unless it's forecast as rain. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31138532
  11. What do the papers drawn up when you bought the house say? That you only own 90% of it?
  12. I'm actually fairly confident that Wales will beat England on Friday... which judging by last experience means England are going to smash us.
  13. If they do try and mug you off, calmly explain that you're trying to be reasonable and that you're looking to resolve the issue between yourselves without having to get any thrid parties involved.
  14. Yep, I hope the doctors have been informed regarding which prescription drugs are illegal to drive on and clearly state that fact when prescibing them.
  15. Errrr... I already answered your text right Ian? Sorry for the delay!
  16. I went to London Welsh a few years ago for a 6N England game with 2 english friends, 1 of their Irish girlfriends and my Scottish girlfriend at the time... in a marquee of about 2000 people, they were the only 4 non-Welsh there!! There was this Welsh guy who was giving them abuse constantly, until about 35 minutes in when about 100 Welsh guys started shouting at him for being a "football supporter" and calling him a tw@t... they made him buy all 5 of us drinks for the entire match! We eventually bought him a drink at the end of the game... he seemed happy enough even though Wales lost. I would lend you a Welsh jersey.. but doubt it would fit.
  17. ME and Mouthwash been plowing through it, pretty enjoyable, but some of the side quests can be annoying, you're pretty much the city bitch Have you done The Pit story mission yet? So much fun! Also, set your lobby to public and hang around outside at night for a hunter invasion . Think so, is that the scene where you cut his hand off? Yep. Yup Mouthwash told me off for throwing a gas canister and blowing us up I wish there was an option to auto participate in the races, kill zombie first type events elsewhere, I loved the way that bit just started them.
  18. ME and Mouthwash been plowing through it, pretty enjoyable, but some of the side quests can be annoying, you're pretty much the city bitch Have you done The Pit story mission yet? So much fun! Also, set your lobby to public and hang around outside at night for a hunter invasion . Think so, is that the scene where you cut his hand off? Yep.
  19. ME and Mouthwash been plowing through it, pretty enjoyable, but some of the side quests can be annoying, you're pretty much the city bitch Have you done The Pit story mission yet? So much fun! Also, set your lobby to public and hang around outside at night for a hunter invasion .
  20. Spent all my rugby money on World Cup tickets and hotels Which games are you going to? I got all the Wales group games, both possible Wales/Eng/Oz group quarters & both semis... didn't get the final or 3rd place playoff though.
  21. Anyone playing Dying Light? It similar to Dead Island (you could almost call it a sequel being from the same developer) but a lot better... and much more fun.
  22. I wish I knew that, I could've got a lift instead of a taxi from Cardiff station to Surbiton! "Hi Mate, where to", "Surbiton please", "Where's that?", "Kinda near Heathrow"... I was expecting him to say no! Actually, reading that back I think my voice was a little more slurred. Anyway, my 6N predictions in order, I reckon I'll be correct in pairs at least (i.e: 1 & 2 could swap, 3 & 4 could swap and 5 & 6 could swap places): 1 - I reckon Ireland will be really strong this year, they've won 9 of there last 10 games including South Africa and Oz, however they do have Wales in Cardiff which could be tough assuming Wales are still in the running for the 4th game. 2 - Wales will likely be a good bet coming off the back of their RSA win, hopefully the years of struggling to beat southern hemisphere teams are now over and they can relax a bit on pitch.Gatland's mind games alreay started last week.. which is more amusement than anything else. 3 - France will still be in Paris for the full tournament. On the other hand they may send a world class team. 4 - England probably have to many injuries, but they have strength in depth so you never know. 5 - Italy will likely have improved again and will beat someone away, probably Wales again at Cardiff (grrrr). 6 - Scotland will be too busy drinking to notice the tournament's started, the players probably won't be much different. I didn't buy any tickets this year, I spent far too much on RWC tickets.
  23. 1. Mudman - R6 ***, Arriving Friday 11am, Drives Sat & Sun, Accom booked Fri/Sat 2. 350zedd - EY57*** Arriving Friday 4pm Drives Sat & Sun, Accom booked Fri/Sat/Sun 3. Zedd - EX54*** Arriving Friday 4pm Drives Sat & Sun, Accom booked Fri/Sat/Sun 4. SHEZZA - B9 *** Arriving Friday 12 am, Drives Sat & Sun, Accom booked Fri/Sat 5. ioneabee CV61 *** arrive Fri, drives Sat Sun. Accom booked Fri/Sat 6. Spatt - UK52 *** Arriving Fri, drives Sat Sun. Accom NOT booked yet 7. Harryjax +1 SKIO *** arriving Fri, drives Sat Sun. Accom Fri, Sat Booked. 8. Pritchard <EnterReg> *** Arriving Saturday Morning No Accom required. 9. 350ZRDev-WM53***Arriving Friday, drives Sat and Sun and Friday PM dependent on when the SW convoy arrives. Fri Sat accom booked. 10. howee 350 arrive Saturday morning, Sat&amp;sunday drives. No accommodation required 11. davedutch de55*** arrive Fri evening for Sat &amp; Sun drives. Will book accommodation tomorrow. 12. N13GEY + wife arriving Friday p.m. Drives Sat, leave Sun a.m. Accom booked Fri/Sat 13. Stoker 11 + wife arriving Fri p.m.Drives Sat and Sun.Accom booked for Fri/Sat. 14 Wendy - Arriving Friday. Drives Sat & Sun. Accom booked, Fri, Sat, Sun. Not sure arrival time on Fri 15 Z370Z +1 CA12 *** arriving fri. Drives Sat and Sun. Accommodation book 16 Bockaaarck + 1 PA03*** Arrive Friday. Drives Sat & Sun, Accom Booked Fri / Sat 17 HaydnH +0 **** ZZZ Arrive Friday, probably arrive with the usual lot via outer mongolia or wherever the nice roads are, Accom booked Fri-Sun.
  24. Argh ordered from vapeclub 2 weeks ago and didn't't know there was a code... Oh well. The Mother's milk has a little bit of coconut in it as well... Very moreish. Has anyone tried trip hammer? Always liked their juices but finding them with very little flavour recently.
  25. Here you go: http://ukvapers.org/Thread-bad-news-on-the-kanger-subtank
×
×
  • Create New...