RisingPower
Members-
Posts
1,317 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by RisingPower
-
Thought it was cheap, but £80 seems a bit steep? Interestingly, on one online quote it seemed adding a bodykit decreased the premium. Go figure.
-
I toyed with the notion of sat nav in a double din unit, but the cubby hole above the double din is too convenient and saves you having the faff of worrying about the handbrake cables etc. Also, the only sat nav double din unit I've seen sub £600 is the JVC KW-NX7000. Love the pioneer avh3100dvd I've got and think it suits the Z perfectly, personally I'd get the newer version below and just stick a sat nav in the cubby hole above: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... 12878.html
-
Was only £12.50 for changing to nismo on mine with admiral, surprised that elephant charge admin fees, ah well
-
I was considering the greddy evo2 before I settled on the nismo, IMHO the greddy evo2 looks great and sounds great in videos it's in and everyone at my350z seems to between the hks hi power and the greddy evo2. It's not cheap though, only place I could find it in the uk was http://www.turbomatrix.co.uk/product_in ... z-03-17424. IMHO the greddy evo2/HKS Hi Power look far nicer than the K1.
-
stock vs modified 1/4mile / in gear times
RisingPower replied to jollyranchers's topic in Performance
Crrikey, NA and 5.1? Just how much was it making NA? -
Pretty sure, but hope I'm wrong about this offset
RisingPower replied to RisingPower's topic in Wheels
The problem is, I've settled on the advans in gunmetal in 19" before now, so it's just a question of just saving until I can get them. Volks are really, really nice, but the GTS's which I also really like look like a maintenance nightmare and they're quite heavy, unlike the RS. Oh and I'd also be copying other people here if I went with GTS -
Pretty sure, but hope I'm wrong about this offset
RisingPower replied to RisingPower's topic in Wheels
Well, there's a set of 19x10's w et/15, so it would be 19x10 et15 all round. http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/140420-advan ... -et15.html http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/101173-volk- ... -rs-2.html. Looking at tyre sizes, maybe I could go 265/35 front, 285/35 rear but iirc 265 is a bit stretched on 10j. It's just not really brilliant for tyres at all (I'd also probably end up refurbing them gunmetal) Think I may just wait until I can get 19x9 et22 and 19x10 et15. Ah well, was a nice thought while it lasted -
Pretty sure, but hope I'm wrong about this offset
RisingPower replied to RisingPower's topic in Wheels
Just I was looking at the brembos and they have maybe a tadge less than 1cm clearance on the stock 18"s (not to say the spoke style doesn't count for anything in this case), so I figured according to an offset calc there would be 1cm less inner clearance. Besides, it wouldn't even be a staggered setup (not sure what min size tyres you can get away with on 10's), nah it's probably a crazy idea Damn. Maybe if I'm lucky they may split the rears. Ian, you don't think pushing the fronts out that much would be an issue? -
Fairly sure that 19x10 et 15 wouldn't clear the brembos at the front and would look absolutely silly sticking out 2cm past the arches, not to mention whether the tyres would even fit? Cheers
-
PCD is 114.3 and for offsets: http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/350Z_OEM ... ifications Oh and these aren't too expensive are they? viewtopic.php?f=115&t=29258
-
How many mm's is that on the rear? May be interested in this as I need to replace the rears soon until I can get my hands on some decent wheels.
-
I thought Motor factors were meant to be cheaper?
RisingPower replied to Rob_Quads's topic in Off Topic Discussion
With opieoils discount code isn't castrol edge £40.24 delivered? -
Was just wondering since I had the same issue on a CTR a while back and they mentioned it was missing the shim on one side which the pad sits against? I guess doesn't really help in doogyrevs case
-
brands hatch aug 23rd track day..advice
RisingPower replied to agentdarkshadow's topic in Motorsport & Track Days
You'll see a heck of a lot of cars spin out on druids bend (though it doesn't look that sharp when you go round it) and what surprised me was just how much the change in elevation is coming out of paddock hill bend, if you don't keep right on the apex, you're going to go wide and possibly end up in the gravel. I guess just be careful to be courteous of other drivers. It wasn't the Z I took round brands, but with the standard brakes on the previous car, they utterly melted after the second session and I also managed to sort of melt the tread on the rear tyres (what pressure you run normally doesn't equate to what you run after a session on track, so i'd be checking that if I did it again). Most of all, enjoy the day, it really is a fantastic track. -
Azure 350Z heading out of Haverhill near Cambridge
RisingPower replied to bigmike20vt's topic in Spotted or Flyered
Might've been me -
Yeah I tried z1auto, but not chillired, but I think b2 may be able to sort me out, kudos to taddy I also noted there are some on ebay currently Probably with the wrong offsets though.
-
Must be one I don't have Doh. See, I wouldn't mind if it was a couple of months, but 5 seems a little excessive.
-
Yeah I've seen them a few times before, but only ever seen them with the RS-D's and apparently the US doesn't generally keep stock of advan rs's in that offset/size
-
It seems that it's bleeding difficult to find the advan rs's in 18x9 with an et of 22 from, well, most places. Anyone got any ideas as to where I may be able to source them from which may actually carry them in stock as there seems to be a massive lead time on them ?
-
Really nice, but does it have the honeycomb inside walls like in the greddy spectrum elite? Looks even if not.
-
Currently, completely stock on the 18" touring wheels. Interested in changing them for the advan rs's in 18". So, does 18x9 at the front w/offset of 22 and 18x10 at the rear w/offset of 15 sound sensible and still leave enough room to clear the brembo calipers? As for rubber, does 245/40 at the front 275/40 at the rear sound sensible and probably won't mean having to roll the arches? Cheers
-
But I can't see what 5zigens they look like? Especially since mine is azure blue I'm tempted by the weds because of the blc finish. Not sure I want to run much wider either, down most roads with the m3 it tramlined like a mutha and having said this I also believed changing to 19"s wrecked the handling.
-
I guess I was inspired by the z which had them on my350z, looked great at the rear, but the 18"s looked a little lost in the front arches. I thought huskys 5ad's looked a bit different, bit more angular than these. Of course I was in love with the advan rs's until it seemed to be hard to find somewhere which imports them in 19" and how they were £700 more for the 19"s over the 18"s. Which did seem like a bit of a hike.
-
Since these come in 19"s, I figured maybe 8" at front 9" at rear, but the offsets aren't great. Would it still be sensible to have rears with 15mm hubcentric spacers and just keep the fronts and rears slightly inset? Or is 18x9 and 18x10 with the more sensible offsets just generally a better idea? http://www.weds.co.jp/english/products/ ... sa67r.html Cheers
-
Mine has come a bit loose (including the mountings so it's unfortunately not a case of just clipping back on ), just wondering, any rough ideas on price for a new one? Or is this a perfectly decent excuse to add a splitter?