Finally! its off!
Quite a bit heavier than I thought it would be but lucky I had a mate come round and work on the car for the first time
Leaves a nice big space for having a look under the car.
Now the boring job off cleaning and getting rid of rust, also think I might replace a few more bushes since I have easy access.
This one defo looks shot.
no wonder the back end seemed a bit lively.
Mine is black, just used Matt car paint, holds up well. Did one coat of grey primer then two of the black, only painted the front,top and bottom face. Left the back grey. Not had an issue. Also seems to hold up well against stone chips.
It's not needed for the stillen kit as it uses water to air. I just threw it in to show off my wee Willy. Also I would do your research as you have to change your chrash bar.
Only cos my garage is now too full its spilling out into it lol. Not looking forward to dragging the subframe out, already eyeing up the neighbourghs skate board.
In a catch 22, cant get a new garage until I get the car fixed and out of it!
ChrisB, don't remind me how many other jobs I have left to do! Sometimes I wish I could afford/be smart enough to take it to a garage for someone else to do the work. Probably spend the same on all the dam tools I have to buy
One of another million tools I have bought was used today, actually quite impressed with it considering how cheap it was.
Stub axles came off easy with the slide hammer and didn't even need it to remove the old diff, it just popped out with a wee jerk.
Shame the same couldn't be said for the box spanners I bought as the rod bent trying to remove the last for nuts on the subframe so its back to the drawing board
Doesn't sound good I've had some bad suspension setups before but spring judder? I know you should roll the car back and forward and leave for a day to settle down to its new height, did you go for a spirited drive straight after fitting, this maybe why.
Best to use the omg my windscreen is sooo dirty I am just going to constantly spray to get that weird invisible mark off.... generally people up your tail pipes get the message and back off.
I like to think of it as my james bond oil spray car trick, shame I don't have the machine guns too.
May be a re-post as I don't venture into this space age, futuristic part of the forum much but here's a video for you all.
Nice to see guy's having fun with mates working on cars, all I am used to is cold wet garage's and cut knuckles.
Two lousy nuts and I would have had the rear subframe off!
Need to buy some box spanners now as nothing I have is long enough not to hit on the stud.
All prepped ready to drop the subframe.
So many wee bits to check, everything has a bracket on the subframe that needs disconnected and in most cases sheers off
My advice is take each bolt/nut slow otherwise like mine it will heat up and sheer when you get pee'd off. Also went through a whole can of wd40. now time to buy all new bolts.