Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Ask a dumb ass question, get a smart ass remark From your edit you say you came from a thirstier car to the Z so why be worried about mpg? It's like trading the missus in for a younger model and worrying that she makes you look old!
  2. To be honest does anyone really care? If there is a difference it's probably very small. I've only had my Z a month or so and almost everyone at work has asked how I can afford the fuel or what it's mpg is.... If I was bothered about either I think I bought the wrong car!
  3. Not sure if anyone has this combination but I have a strange problem and can't find a cure, even on Avic411 forum. Basically it's a phonebook issue, apparently the iPhone puts spaces in it's phone numbers which the f900 can't recognise. So when I dial out I can choose numbers from my phonebook but when I get a call coming in all I get is the number showing up, no name as the pioneer can't recognise the number! On the avic forum there are dome suggestions but mostly for American units, if anyone has any ideas please help!
  4. Good call, I dont use my camera much or listen to music via the handset so Im not worried that the iPhone is crap at both. The latest updates have sorted quite a few issues out ie picture msgs etc, I mostly use mine for surfing, txting, playing games and the occasional phone call and I find it perfect for all my needs. I know a lot of people with iPhones and none would consider changing but then some people like to be different and thats fine, after all thats why i bought a Z....
  5. Don't get a crackberry with it's beard of bees or rubbish touchscreen, iPhone all day long with it's 1,000s of apps. I have an iPhone 3G and the 3GS is quicker still, don't worry about memory size as it's so easy to stream all the music you want from home anyway. Once the iPhone is jailbroken it is even better still, don't know why apple don't let you mod it like it can be! Best phone out there at the moment, not perfect by any means but certainly the best.
  6. Maybe he smuggled it in, mind you one cough and it would have blown his cover....
  7. He lives just down the road from me, maybe I should have a look.... but I wouldnt know what im looking at!
  8. 20mm all round will look are there any pics on here of before and after?
  9. 2 words - Twin Town can't believe I forgot that one!
  10. In no particular order Planes, Trains & Automobiles Kingpin Life of Brian The Pink Panther Strikes Again The Waterboy
  11. Sounds like a cheese dream to me... I have had a few dreams even though I've only had the zed a month, mainly like yours that it's either gone or wrecked!
  12. I'm getting one made at the moment for £50 so would have been tempted at that price. Good deal.
  13. Hiya, hope you get a last minute offer! 1 quick question, where did you get the armrest?
  14. Would any tyres make that much of a difference? If the Z was my only car I think I would buy an old banger to get around at the moment!
  15. Looks nice, if you can coat it so it stays looking good. Why not do the buttons too, im sure you can remember which one does what!
  16. I was looking from September till early December and found the prices higher for an azure blue than any other colour but I'm glad I held out. At the end of the day a 2nd car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay...
  17. Ive been looking at these too, front and rear with the display, I thought the display it might fit nicely in the cubby...
  18. Nice job, I thought about a camera as I have the pioneer f900bt but I'm going to get electromagnetic sensors front and rear instead.
  19. Welcome I'm a new owner too and found the clutch / gear change heavy also, you get used to it. I removed my Bose within 2 days as I had experience with them before in a Mazda, same issues. I also got a flat within a week, turned out to be a faulty valve core, hope yours is a simple fix too.
  20. I've tried the tomtom app on my jailbroken iPhone and while it's a nice app it's far from usable as an everyday satnav, it's slow and obviously the tony screen makes it impractical and unsafe to use really. Voice instructions are ok but you need to look at the screen too...
  21. As soon as I got my 350 I took out the Bose cd changer (had experience of them in my 03 Mazda 6) and replaced with a Pioneer F900BT. I am VERY happy with it, its not perfect and just found out it's going to cost £150 to upgrade software properly too! Sound quality is superb even without a booster and with OEM speakers. I thought I was going to have to change the speakers but they seem very good to my ears.
  22. I'm hoping for one of these bad boys!
  23. I got tested once when I was asked when I last had a drink, I replied I couldn't remember, not trying to be funny I just couldn't remember as it was at least 5/6 years! Obviously clear. Once worked with a guy that had been banned 3 times, had lost his license but still drove around p*****d!
  24. Hi & welcome, I'm new too this is a great forum, friendly and informative
  25. Loads of snow here in SE London, think I will leave the Z at home today and take the Leon, diesel power day!
×
×
  • Create New...