Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Always judge a book by it's cover
  2. Agree about the JL Audio, I got a J320.4 fitted for the speakers, what a difference! As you said though the Bose speakers/sub with an aftermarket HU is a definite improvement and then you can upgrade the rest as and when you can, that's exactly what I did. They guy that fitted mine wasn't pushy but when I asked about maybe a sub in the future he said there is loads of room in the cubby behind the driver for a custom enclosure but to be honest I dont want a heavy bass so the bose sub is fine by me! * * I reserve the right to change my mind if someone decides to sell their aftermarket sub and amp cheap...
  3. I might consider this as my washer motor has died anyway so its a bit pointless! All fairly easy to do isn't it As for being 'perky' you shouldn't get so excited about modding your car
  4. I have a permanent grin Iv'e had a 3/4 people stop and ask me stuff at petrol stations..... well I do spend a fair amount of time at them
  5. If you want anything like a decent sound you will have to change pretty much everything.... I got a Pioneer f900bt almost as soon as I got the car and got it fitted, it sounded better that the stock HU but still wasn't great and also had to boost the signal or have the HU turned up almost to full Just got some very nice Hertz speakers of a member on here and had them fitted this week. Front components and rear composites. I didn't want a sub enclosure so I kept the bose sub and the guy that fitted it put in a 4 channel amp for the speakers and left the bose amp just driving the sub The sound is 1,000,000 times better, obviously would be better still with an aftermarket sub but I am more than happy. I don't know enough to answer your technical questions, but whatever Bose equipment is in there it is all pretty weak im afraid Now I maybe need to get a slightly quieter exhaust so I can enjoy it more
  6. Should post a link to this on every thread that mentions racing and then says "oh of course it was on a private road"
  7. I also wish I had never seen Craig's for sale thread But my Interior does look and sound now
  8. Does the grey 350z not normally have an exhaust? You beat me to it Captain, I know they are not painted, but no exhaust
  9. Seems about right to me from what i've seen on here What were you expecting?
  10. Glad it's all sorted without too much expense
  11. Iv'e driven both and yes they are lovely to drive, as is an MX5.... but if you over 6' tall or over 14 stone (I'm both)
  12. Agree with that completely but I paid £109 for mine and sold it 6 months later for £65 They never stay 'For Sale' for very long! They are a very good first Mod for the sound alone especially if you have stock exhaust. Easy to fit and easy to take off again when you realise what you and I both did
  13. Is GT5 going to be Full HD? I have a 40" Samsung that is only 1080i and never been really bothered as SkyHD is 1080i and the PS3 does a good job with BluRay's. But I might have to persuade the other half to let me invest in a full HD TV to really appreciate this game Anyway I will have plenty of time to save up as it will NEVER be ready for November
  14. I think everyone should listen to this while they read this (inevitable very long) thread... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK3VbQV2csA&feature=related
  15. Moves towards maz0's car with a hairdryer and plastic scraper
  16. After reading the threads. I think i will stick to stock setup. However i do admit that the car has a better stance with spacers on. The difference is not as great as the OP is making out IMO. He works in this area and therefore has a better 'feel' for this kind of thing. He notices every slight difference in this area, I probably wouldn't notice if someone pinched a wheel and replaced it with my spacesaver I would get them, if you notice a difference and you don't like it you will easily sell them on without losing much The difference in looks is huge that's for sure!
  17. Not a huge regret but my Exhaust is kind of a Marmite thing.... I the noise but I think I will end up getting a more subtle one eventually... must be getting
  18. Have to agree there, once you get to motorway speeds you can sit on barely tick over and cruise along economical(ish) and
  19. I drove it for 4 months without and I don't notice a huge difference since I put them on
  20. Can't say I have noticed a huge difference but then I don't have a ragtop probably a lot more noticable in one of those than a coupe
  21. I say get a shed and then the training will feel like a real purgatory and then when you have the cash for the 370 it will be all the more rewarding
  22. I'm bored, would be playing GT5 if it had been ******* released yet
  23. A couple of the fancy new cars available in GT5 - There is a special boxed edition that comes with a steering wheel and accessories - Wheel - Option Extra for added realism -
×
×
  • Create New...