Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. That's poor for a new car Geoff, I think I did 1,000 the first month I got my Z I did almost a tank of fuel last weekend alone
  2. It's not about affording to run the Zed as a commuter it's about the abuse it suffers. I am literally paranoid of dents to the point that I will avoid car parks at all costs, but that's just me If I didn't care about bodywork or keeping the car mint I would drive it all the time but it's safest during the day parked up in the garage Oh I hear you, especially with a brand new 370 Each to their own though, I don't have a garage so I have to use mine as a commuter
  3. spursmaddave

    OOOPS

    AFAIK as long as both rollers are running it is fine, it is more of a precaution to stop the car jumping off the rollers if not done properly than in case it damages the car, although if it jumped off the rollers it would probably damage something anyway! But as mbs said you shouldn't have had to tell them and if you think something is wrong go back straight away
  4. spursmaddave

    OOOPS

    I shouldn't think they had car up to any real speed just to test the brakes, ask them and from what I have read on here it's nothing to worry about.
  5. OK Dave you caught me out. Yes I am thinking about getting one and if no other Sunsets have one!!! That just might push me into it. Just do it then Chris, but remember putting a bulge bonnet on an older Z is like putting a sock down your boxers... It may attract admirers but they will be disappointed when they look inside Not in the case of Shire350Z - now he has the full works Well yes Colin, there is always the exception, someone that will deliver what is promised
  6. OK Dave you caught me out. Yes I am thinking about getting one and if no other Sunsets have one!!! That just might push me into it. Just do it then Chris, but remember putting a bulge bonnet on an older Z is like putting a sock down your boxers... It may attract admirers but they will be disappointed when they look inside
  7. Iv'e seen a sunset Z, iv'e seen a bonnet bulge, I don't need photoshop to imagine what it would look like...
  8. Knew you wouldn't be able to hold off for long! I bet it made the trip to Wales more
  9. Lots of different views, very interesting. A Z is not just for weekends, if you can afford it then why not use it as a commuter, I do. Obviously you might as well get a high mileage one to start with, no point getting one that has 25k and then doubling it in a year Just do all your sums and give it a go, you can always change your mind after 6 months. You might want to get a frequent flyer card for the Spotted/Flyered Forum
  10. 30k a clutch... ouch?! I hadnt thought of that... my previous zed was an auto...! I know what you're saying, and it is a fairly large chunk of money to be throwing away... 2 years of cheap driving and i'll be able to by a zed outright with the change... Maybe i do need to think this through further... I guess the clutch depends how you drive really... decisions decisions... Oh did I mention the tyres you are going to go through as well
  11. I know you are only 21, but if you now have a house and child why do you want to drive around in a Chavvy car like that? I agree about the bonnet, black bonnets can make the best of cars look awful even a Z. All IMO of course, I have a daughter who is older than you so im probably just out of touch with the yoof of today
  12. I totally agree and my Z is certainly not a weekend car, I use my Z as a daily drive, that's why I got a high mileage one. You would soon get bored of the Throttle Controller on Econ mode and stick it on Sport believe me I normally have mine on Sport 5, the other week it was raining hard and I did the sensible thing and put it on Econ... I thought I had just left my engine on the Dual Carriageway All I was saying was that according to your calculations you can have 3k a year in your pocket, thats a fair amount and worth considering. Instead of a repmobile how about a sporty diesel, either a hatchback or even something like a 2.2l Jag diesel. At the end of the day the choice is yours, only you can decide, there are also other considerations not just Fuel, a Z clutch can only be good for 30K so that would be almost one a year, service would be almost 3 a year etc etc it all adds up. Good luck with whichever way you go
  13. All depends what you want the Z for, if you are going to do 25k a year in it you might as well buy an old high mileage one, but then why bother to keep it looking good, you will get a huge amount of stone chips etc. If you are doing most of the miles on motorways doing long runs you will get much better than 25mpg anyway, probably nearer 30mpg... Driving style has a lot to do with it too, since I have had my fidanza flywheel I keep the revs higher so that it doesn't chatter so much and I have found it's done wonders for my fuel economy, I only do an 18 mile commute to work and if there is no traffic I get 30mpg easily, and I don't hang around! If you decide to go the diesel route (I would if I were you) then a nice comfy repmobile will get you around in comfort and save you a fortune, then you can get a top notch 350 or even a 370 for the weekends / meets and shows no brainer really
  14. I just noticed on another thread about the original Clarkson review that the Azure import he drove around Sheffield had a 'small' from number plate...
  15. Indeed, it will be closer than this score suggests, I thought it might go to penalties.... unfortunately they were involved
  16. Probly a late 2005 that sat around for a while before it was registered.... Anyway enjoy the car! I'm sure we have all seen better deals, and worse If it was an 06 it would be worth that much, an 06+ Airbox alone is worth about £1,000
  17. Nice one Ian My Hand came off on the last shot
  18. Bugger
  19. Feeble Geoff I got 208 first go 6 strikes
  20. That's just not fair I couldn't keep it in What I find genuinely funny is the Arsenal fans (and Manager) who are now taking this competition SO seriously, but then when you don't win anything for 6 years you get desperate
  21. At the end of the day anything from an 03 import to an 08 roadster, you will it ! Just find the best example you can for what you can afford, I wouldn't worry too much about mileage there are plenty of us on here with high mileage cars with no problems at all, the engine is bulletproof, just things like the clutch and gearbox that are the weak links really. The cosmetic differences don't outweigh the extra tax on the 06+ IMO Whatever you decide on and buy there will always be a better one on autotrader or here the next week, thats life
  22. 1 - Change it for a Pioneer 2 - Hack it 3 - Enjoy button click free start up (This is a fairly expensive option)
  23. I hear that brother "Im an Iphone Widow" is probably the funniest thing shes come out with since I got mine a 18 months ago +1
  24. Have to say it looks so much nicer back to standard (Just needs some Rays etc), hopefully someone will grab a bargain GLWTS
  25. http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Tutorial:Front_Speaker_Installation There you go, strangely it was the first hit when I put '350z door card removal' into Google
×
×
  • Create New...