Jump to content

Sam Mcgoo

Members
  • Posts

    2,607
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sam Mcgoo

  1. Yeah that was one of them. The other was a black GT, otherwise stock '54 plate I think.
  2. Even at the time I dont think they actually did it for that price. Someone will be along to confirm, but I'm not sure they ever fitted one to a customer car - I certainly never heard of one. Certainly wouldnt be that price now! When I was looking at Supercharged Z's last year I looked into two that had Stillen Chargers fitted, both had receipts from Middlehurst for the installation and I contacted them regarding one of the cars and they confirmed the work, so they did do this service. However, I'm sure it was a bit more than what was stated and as said above if they do carry this out still it will be MUCH more now I suspect. Worth giving them a call if your interested in the Stillen though.
  3. That is now my favourite modded Z too.
  4. Absolutely love it! I would love to say keep it stock, and if it's an investment that's definitely the way to go. But if I was gonna spend time driving it I think I would go with the retro/mod'd look. I was actually going to post the same pic as doggyrev above. As martin has suggested, there is nothing that Mike (Mr F) doesn't know about the early Z's. He is a very nice and helpful guy and I'm sure would happily give you loads of advice and can supply any parts if needed.
  5. Welcome to the club. More FI in the club
  6. Search 'Gliptone'.
  7. Sorry to see that Dave, that's bad sh^t. I hope the repairs go smooth for you and the colour match is good as you only said to me a few weeks ago at Wales that you hate to see different colour panels! Your right, that would never have happened if you'd left the dents in.
  8. Looks much tidier than I had imagined! I'm not jealous at all.
  9. Not exactly to my taste but I would prefer that to a bog standard one.
  10. She is actually quite sexy.
  11. Welcome to the club. Get one bought, you know you wanna.
  12. Sam Mcgoo

    Whats this?

    Ah! I wondered why the rather random, single spanner was in the boot for.
  13. When I was looking last week I saw CA5 4 SAM (the missus is Caroline) but thought it was far too GHEY to actually use. I went for And yes...it is a photoshop I'm still waiting for the paperwork to come through.
  14. WOO HOO!!! Right, ordered two of the beggers... Knowing me.. I MIGHT screw something up, so I will just whip the positive off the battery, just to be sure. 30 second thing to do, in order to save a load of pain! Thanks guys! No probs. ps, its safer and easier to just remove the -ve terminal. Does exactly the same thing but stops the possibility of you shorting out your spanner on something if you were taking the +ve off.
  15. cool... and they WON'T kill my BCM? No. Not unless you manage to short out the terminals somehow, but you would have to try hard to do that! Don't worry its an easy change.
  16. Yep. Get two so you can replace both.
  17. A quick search showed this viewtopic.php?f=35&t=34283&hilit=+throttle+position+reset
  18. Just had a read on these, not a bad price for a multi gauge with lots of options. http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product ... medium=cpc
  19. well, accrding to the 350z manual, throttle control problems can give you both the traction control and slip light on your dash, so its worth a try! Have you tried the throttle reset?
  20. Realistically you don't want a gauge at all, you want a big flashy red light that tells you if something is wrong. Gauges are great if you need accurate numbers but they're also intrusive and distracting, whereas a big flashy red light that only activates when things are bad is a much simpler and more effective solution. It would be relatively simple to rig up a subtle light into the main dash cluster too. Sounds a good, simple idea, but how would that work in practice? With AFR surely there are too many variables. It would need to monitor the AFR, Engine load/throttle position and revs at a minimum. eg. A light that simply comes on at 13:1 would be no good as when cruising at part throttle it would be on all the time and if you had it any higher, and you was at WOT at 6500rpm, your engine would be toast. I think it would cost to much to get a system to work with just a light for AFR. But your right about the gauges being a distraction. I do think they are necessary in an FI or or Nos'd zed. I have recently discovered that I had a faulty injector and was running lean sometimes. Without the AFR gauge I wouldn't have been able to diagnose it. And I'm sure if Wasso had one, he wouldn't have melted his plugs on the Wales run.
×
×
  • Create New...