Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. its nothing to worry about i reckon. Your filter will catch any debris, as for rain you can get a hydro-filter for the aftermarket induction systems.
  2. The miltek is pretty similar but im not a fan of the small outlets on the tail pipes. The nismo exhaust with decats or highflow cats is a totally different beast. The likes of miltek and scorpion are similar but id say the nismo is unique. I'd say save up the extra cash and go for the nismo or something better. Tarmac can supply the nismo exhausts
  3. i think the gains are had from the velocity stack in the oem revup box. I'm not too sure if it would be worth all the hassle changing the pipes etc as they will all be susceptible to heat gains regardless. Also if you feel the heat in your plenum that little pipe wont make much of a difference to the air temps as the plenum goes very hot. Best thing to do is buy a thermal plenum spacer also
  4. It's for the oldies who are protective their hearing Or people with taste can i please ask the average age of the miltek club?
  5. Neilp

    What Oil.

    lol i only do about 4k a year. That mobil 1 is usually about 50quid for 5 litres. I got a deal on it so couldnt say no. I think you just like fancy names I have heard good things about fuchs
  6. Neilp

    What Oil.

    mobil 1 stuff is brilliant. Spoke to alex about it aswell and he approved. They do have @*!# stuff but they also have good stuff and at 15quid for 5 litres i aint gonna complain. Oil and filters gets changed every 3 thousand miles in my car just now. lol whats your reasons for avoiding mobil 1?
  7. very very hard to look after though and keep in a good condition
  8. Neilp

    What Oil.

    noticed that too when I changed from castrol to motul the next service will see the car get mobil 1 put in
  9. +1 or a very dark grey metallic
  10. Neilp

    What Oil.

    i was talking about on the s2k, my zed didn't burn a drop. ah I see
  11. Neilp

    What Oil.

    5w30 fully synthetic. Was it a revup car you had aswell?
  12. Neilp

    What Oil.

    lol all that oils evaporating into thin air, no catch can, i have one but i cannot be arsed fitting it. The plenum was pretty spotless when i had it apart to fit the spacer so not too worried.
  13. Neilp

    What Oil.

    seems about right then, being a larger capacity engine yeah i'm pretty anal about the engine oil etc as so many zeds have been destroyed due to the bottom end being starved of oil.
  14. Neilp

    What Oil.

    just checked and i've done 2 tanks over last weekend and that was 400miles. I put 100ml in to fill back up to max level.
  15. Or am I the clever one letting you think you convinced me, so you end up buying all the mods for it yet still keep the car in my name fanx baby x x
  16. Neilp

    What Oil.

    thats it getting its hole reemed though. As i said that was the most ive had to put in. I dont drive my car very often and only goes out at weekends or to the track.
  17. i have mines on my rear right in center at the bottom
  18. Neilp

    What Oil.

    im not too sure i think its just under 30psi on idle. Im running a nismo oil filter which drops the pressure a little aswell. I destroyed a litre on my trip to wales which was around 1000miles all round but also a full day on track. The revup engines are bad for oil and its a very common thing. If i drive sensibly like i did when i got it i put in about 1litre over the period of 6months
  19. He used to work or own powerflow, He repaired my nismo y-pipe, He built jay's and irfans exhausts aswell i think. He definately knows his stuff but can be a little pricey sometimes. I think it was a scorpion he was repairing for cragus, his y-pipe flexi burst
  20. Neilp

    What Oil.

    Some cars love it and some don't. Fords love the stuff. I used it in my Suzuki and it's fine. I don't know how people can distinguish the differences what made you not like it? Tasted funny It made my poop go purple on a serious note Magnatec is a straight mineral oil. NOT semi synthetic or fully synthetic . It's exorbitantly priced for its specification - imo. A triumph of marketing over product specification. Its fully synthetic mate, says on the bottles http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=46426&hilit=magnatec+for+sale
  21. You should have bought the set from alex for 600 odd
  22. Neilp

    What Oil.

    Some cars love it and some don't. Fords love the stuff. I used it in my Suzuki and it's fine. I don't know how people can distinguish the differences what made you not like it?
  23. What's the probable price if I added in?
  24. Perfect mate cheers for clarifying all this, it's a Uk 2006 300ps model I have.
×
×
  • Create New...